The Live Scoring Thread vol. 6 - Page 176 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Oct 12th, 2012, 09:04 PM   #2626
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Live Scoring Thread vol. 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
Those quotes make me sad. Just like the quotes about Novak after the OG. Try hiring Andre fucking Agassi or that troll Wilander, Ana, if you're so impressed by ATP players.
Maybe she should actually study tennis like in school? What do you think? Have her watch tapes of ATP matches and then design tactics... have exams in which the question is.. what do you do if you are player X in Y match, shown on tape until Z point? It seems she can only see things if she literally sees it from another player. Talking to her doesn't seem to be very effective... I'm not sure Ana is a good listener, in the sense of applying what she is told.

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is online now View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 12th, 2012, 09:46 PM   #2627
country flag Linguae^

Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future

I just think think that Flipkens was a tough match-up for her today, especially indoors, on this fast surface, Ana's game is one-dimensional and when she loses her temper, as well, that's a deadly combination. I think she still doesn't know how she lost this, I don't know how it happened either, I just think and hope she will be better in Moscow. She looked so concentrated and mature against both Niculescu and Petkovic. I hope it comes back.
Linguae^ is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 12th, 2012, 10:16 PM   #2628
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post
Maybe she should actually study tennis like in school? What do you think? Have her watch tapes of ATP matches and then design tactics... have exams in which the question is.. what do you do if you are player X in Y match, shown on tape until Z point? It seems she can only see things if she literally sees it from another player. Talking to her doesn't seem to be very effective... I'm not sure Ana is a good listener, in the sense of applying what she is told.
Don't know, Izzy. Howard pointed out her reaction, that finger gesture. I didn't link that reaction to that advice he gave her, but it really makes sense. In that case, she'll never listen to anyone. I'll be surprised if she doesn't fire Nigel after Moscow. Their interaction is awful atm. He should fire her.

Nobody has enough authority. I mean, she fired Heinz. You don't fire such a great coach just like that. Nigel is the only other coach who managed to do help her (and she changed 1000 coaches), she doesn't listen to him anymore. She didn't care about Vranješ's advices during the FC. So, no, I don't think she's a good listener.
Old Oct 12th, 2012, 10:24 PM   #2629
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Don't know, Izzy. Howard pointed out her reaction, that finger gesture. I didn't link that reaction to that advice he gave her, but it really makes sense. In that case, she'll never listen to anyone. I'll be surprised if she doesn't fire Nigel after Moscow. Their interaction is awful atm. He should fire her.

Nobody has enough authority. I mean, she fired Heinz. You don't fire such a great coach just like that. Nigel is the only other coach who managed to do help her (and she changed 1000 coaches), she doesn't listen to him anymore. She didn't care about Vranješ's advices during the FC. So, no, I don't think she's a good listener.
I think she will keep Nigel.. He lets her slack off and take holidays whenever she wants.. She will keep not listening, and he will keep getting his check at the end of the month.

Old Oct 12th, 2012, 10:32 PM   #2630
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think she will keep Nigel.. He lets her slack off and take holidays whenever she wants.. She will keep not listening, and he will keep getting his check at the end of the month.
He looks like he's losing patience, honestly.
Old Oct 12th, 2012, 10:42 PM   #2631
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
He looks like he's losing patience, honestly.
Really? Don't see that at all.. thought he looked like as whatever as Ana did.

Old Oct 12th, 2012, 10:48 PM   #2632
country flag Cajka

Quote:
Really? Don't see that at all.. thought he looked like as whatever as Ana did.
to me he doesn't look as patient as he was in the beginning. after all, he used to coach dani and we remember how pissed he was when she wasn't listening to his advices. he spoke publicly about her bad attitude. and ana is behaving more and more like a brat. he should find a normal player to coach, honestly. ana is a lost case, now it's clear.
Old Oct 12th, 2012, 10:50 PM   #2633
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
to me he doesn't look as patient as he was in the beginning. after all, he used to coach dani and we remember how pissed he was when she wasn't listening to his advices. he spoke publicly about her bad attitude. and ana is behaving more and more like a brat. he should find a normal player to coach, honestly. ana is a lost case, now it's clear.
He looked pissed in the Dani era.. I feel like he was calm today.. and then by the 2nd set he had that.. "whatever!" expression.. same that Ana had really.

Old Oct 12th, 2012, 10:56 PM   #2634
country flag Cajka

Quote:
He looked pissed in the Dani era.. I feel like he was calm today.. and then by the 2nd set he had that.. "whatever!" expression.. same that Ana had really.
Exactly. "Whatever" expression comes when you lose your patience, when you're out of ideas, when you're hopeless. Then you're just like "whatever", no matter what you say, she won't care. He should fire her, he was doing fine with young Brits.
Old Oct 12th, 2012, 11:05 PM   #2635
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
Exactly. "Whatever" expression comes when you lose your patience, when you're out of ideas, when you're hopeless. Then you're just like "whatever", no matter what you say, she won't care. He should fire her, he was doing fine with young Brits.
I think whatever, in "I don't care" sense.. same as Ana. He doesn't care.. Neither really cares.. He wont fire Ana.. And Ana.. she likes that he lets her slack off and be like "whatever". So she wont fire him either. She will keep on not listening and he will keep on earning his money. That's all.

Ana is a hopeless case.. but he isn't that much better either when he is ok with her having no fitness coach for over a year, when he is ok with her taking holidays right before slams, when he is ok with her having 20 minutes light hits just to say that she is practicing... he has patience... just neither cares. Good fit actually.

Old Oct 12th, 2012, 11:13 PM   #2636
country flag Cajka

We'll see.
Old Oct 12th, 2012, 11:15 PM   #2637
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
We'll see.
Yep. Time will tell.. as usual.

Old Oct 13th, 2012, 12:23 AM   #2638
country flag Nalby fan

Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold

I was recently reading Pete Sampras autobiography,and I came across something that I think might be pertinent so far as Nigel and Ana are concerned. In an attempt to regain former glories,Pete started working with Jose Higueras,who had all that success with Jim Courier. Things didn't go so well,and Jose later confessed to Pete that he got so emotionally invested in Jim's career that he just didn't want to get so involved with another player like that again.

Now I followed Daniela's career with Nigel very closely,and to say it was a rollercoaster would be an understatement,with frequent tears from Dani and the occasional storm out from Nigel. Maybe Nigel is still feeling burned from his experiences with Dani(who is regarded as a serial underachiever) and is adopting a more laissez-faire attitude when he really should be reading the riot act.
Nalby fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 18th, 2012, 09:03 AM   #2639
country flag gaviotabr

Ana's match about to start in Moscow. Ajde!

Old Oct 18th, 2012, 09:08 AM   #2640
country flag gaviotabr

Wild FH to start.. 0-15

OMG! WTF? Missed the easiest volley... 0-30

Closed Thread