Tennis Trophies: the funky, bad, and ugly! - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 14th, 2012, 08:38 PM   #61
edificio

edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tennis Trophies: the funky, bad, and ugly!

I will be one of the few to defend the Madrid trophy. Maybe. It's unusual, it's art, it's memorable, and it relates to tennis (rackets). What is not to love? My only criticism of it is the size. When the champion holds it, it appears to be very small and perhaps the base could be larger to allow it to be presented to the crowd better. It is better than all the general run of crystal trophies.

So sad that the whale at Indian Wells was replaced by a weighty boring piece of crystal that few players can lift just because the sponsor left. That was a beautiful trophy as well.

As for the UNICEF trophy plate with kids' drawings. I love those, too. Different can be good in and of itself.
edificio is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 14th, 2012, 08:46 PM   #62
country flag SerenaSiren

SerenaSiren is a splendid one to behold SerenaSiren is a splendid one to behold SerenaSiren is a splendid one to behold SerenaSiren is a splendid one to behold SerenaSiren is a splendid one to behold SerenaSiren is a splendid one to behold SerenaSiren is a splendid one to behold SerenaSiren is a splendid one to behold SerenaSiren is a splendid one to behold SerenaSiren is a splendid one to behold SerenaSiren is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by edificio View Post
I will be one of the few to defend the Madrid trophy. Maybe. It's unusual, it's art, it's memorable, and it relates to tennis (rackets). What is not to love? My only criticism of it is the size. When the champion holds it, it appears to be very small and perhaps the base could be larger to allow it to be presented to the crowd better. It is better than all the general run of crystal trophies.

So sad that the whale at Indian Wells was replaced by a weighty boring piece of crystal that few players can lift just because the sponsor left. That was a beautiful trophy as well.

As for the UNICEF trophy plate with kids' drawings. I love those, too. Different can be good in and of itself.
I agree with U some of the styles and designs of the trophies do really have its deeper meaning
that others dont really get and appreciate...
SerenaSiren is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2012, 08:48 PM   #63
Richie's

Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute

Bring the whale back

But I love the current trophie in IW. Always in style.
Luxembourg is the tournament which change its' trophies every year.

Make them yours only from 30 E.
SPY+, POLICE, RAY BAN, OAKLEY, AERO, R2
always authentic. always sunnies. always yours!

Richie's is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2012, 08:52 PM   #64
country flag John.
Shining like a laser beam!

John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlin_Calling View Post

This was always one of my fav trophies
John. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2012, 08:52 PM   #65
edificio

edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisickinator View Post
his biggest fan

Love it.

The fan is great. Some of these trophies are quite interesting, but the one Maria is holding (a vase) looks way too heavy (same with the rock).
edificio is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2012, 08:54 PM   #66
country flag MarkNL

MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute

Wtf are Stosur and Raymond holding there?
#1 Mayo Hibi - Current Player: Stéphanie Dubois (CAN) - #2 Daria Gavrilova (RUS)
Arvidsson - Stosur - Lisicki - Pironkova - Nara - Krajicek - Bertens - Rus - Hogenkamp - Schoofs - Kerkhove - Burger - Giorgi - Gajdosova - Ishizu - Rezai - Diatchenko
MarkNL is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2012, 09:13 PM   #67
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkNL View Post
Wtf are Stosur and Raymond holding there?
This .
Mr.Sharapova is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2012, 09:13 PM   #68
country flag duhcity
moderately sarcastic

duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradbury View Post

Previous Madrid trophy -

I think this Madrid Trophy would work far better as a dildo, but whatever.

tweetweet
duhcity is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2012, 09:42 PM   #69
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelis View Post
More Orange Bowl.

]
rogers blonde curtain
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2012, 09:51 PM   #70
country flag JustPetko

JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute

TT Singles: (CH: #40) W ITF Biella'10, W ITF Nantes'10, W ITF Dubai'12 | TT Doubles: (CH: #1) ITF Nantes'10, ITF Bucharest'10, Marbella'11, Washington'11, Linz'11, YEC'11, ITF Opole'11, Pattaya'12, Tashkent'12, ITF Pune'12, Memphis'13, Carlsbad'13, Marrakesh'14 | Suicide: (CH: #6) W Luxembourg'12, W Luxembourg'13, F Marbella'11, F Quebec'11, F US Open'11 | Tipping: (CH: #2) W YEC'11, W Acapulco'13, W Brisbane'14, W RG'14, F Brussels'11, F Stanford'11
JustPetko is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2012, 09:54 PM   #71
country flag flareon

flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonflies View Post
to the tournament organizers who had the guts to hand the champion a kitchen pot.

On the other hand, it's quite useful to the the pot as the winner can use it to chicken carrot soup, instead of just looking pretty and useless in the trophy cabinet.
If the worst comes to the worst she can always use it to urinate in...
TT 2013: Won 25k Rancho Santa Fe DW/Phil=)
TT 2014: 1/2 Kuala Lumpur Singles,Won WTA FlorianapolisDW/Phil=),25k NottinghamDW/Phil=),F Istanbul 50kDW/Phil=)
flareon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2012, 12:17 AM   #72
country flag Pops Maellard
Quiche

Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute

The new Copenhagen trophy isn't so hot either.

Maria
Venus
ANA
Petra
Pops Maellard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2012, 12:18 AM   #73
country flag Pops Maellard
Quiche

Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hindrance. View Post
Is it weird that when I see this trophy the first thing I think is "Serena?"

Maria
Venus
ANA
Petra
Pops Maellard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2012, 12:20 AM   #74
LeRoy.

LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute

That old Madrid trophy is as big as Monica.
LeRoy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2012, 01:14 AM   #75
country flag Jane Lane

Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelis View Post
More Orange Bowl.

DA FUQ IS ON HIS HEAD.
Jane Lane is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote