In This Thread, we post true stories about people quitting jobs in style. - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 21st, 2002, 05:26 PM   #1
country flag Car Key Boi

Car Key Boi is a name known to all Car Key Boi is a name known to all Car Key Boi is a name known to all Car Key Boi is a name known to all Car Key Boi is a name known to all Car Key Boi is a name known to all Car Key Boi is a name known to all Car Key Boi is a name known to all Car Key Boi is a name known to all Car Key Boi is a name known to all Car Key Boi is a name known to all
In This Thread, we post true stories about people quitting jobs in style.

I'll start off with

There was this Pennsylvania politician named Bud Dwyer. I think he was the state Attorney General. Anyway, he was being investigated for fraud, and they were about to lay the smackdown on his ass.

He called a press conference the day prior to the anticipated indictment, presumably to officially resign from office. The conference is covered live on television.

He starts rambling incoherently for about 10 minutes, then pulls out a 357 Magnum, waves it around for a few seconds, then sticks it in his mouth and blows his brains out. Right there on live TV!

Now, THAT'S going out in style.
Car Key Boi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 21st, 2002, 05:28 PM   #2
country flag Keith

Keith has a brilliant future Keith has a brilliant future Keith has a brilliant future Keith has a brilliant future Keith has a brilliant future Keith has a brilliant future Keith has a brilliant future Keith has a brilliant future Keith has a brilliant future Keith has a brilliant future Keith has a brilliant future
I used to work for NBC NEWS and I have seen that tape....it was disturbing! But it wasnt as gratuitous as movies! altho the blood rushing out of his nose has been burned in my memory!
Keith is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21st, 2002, 05:58 PM   #4
country flag Car Key Boi

Car Key Boi is a name known to all Car Key Boi is a name known to all Car Key Boi is a name known to all Car Key Boi is a name known to all Car Key Boi is a name known to all Car Key Boi is a name known to all Car Key Boi is a name known to all Car Key Boi is a name known to all Car Key Boi is a name known to all Car Key Boi is a name known to all Car Key Boi is a name known to all
When I left my previous job to start the company I am now a partner in, I was having an ongoing battle with management over my sales comissions. This was back in the mid-90's and this company was basically selling BS web sites for $100-$1000.00 and hoping to make money by making the design clients host with them at ridiculous rates.

Anyhow, every paycheck turned into a struggle - they kept wanting to lower my comission, or use a sliding scale that would get me the least comission on the most readily-sold types of BS web sites.

It was a small company - I was producing damn near all their operating capital while they waited for the VC's to come through for them.

Anyhow, they eventually "promoted" me to Sales Manager with a fixed salary and mandatory monthly minimums. A lot less money than comissions, and I wasn't interested. Fucking bullshit, papered over with lies and vague promises of more money down the road. They were really fucking with my life, and I was only 25 or so.

Then, paychecks started bouncing while I was trying to get my shit together to start my own company.

I was pissed. I notified all my clients that I was leaving before I told the management, and took a bunch of them to lunch one day explaining what I was doing, etc. and how I hoped they would come to work with me after I got my act together. We got 20 or do hosting and design clients for this.

Lunch charged to credit card of my then-present employer. So was the bar tab later that evening.

I submitted my resignation via email, making sure to cc the VC guys they were talking to and informing them "I quit, and I'm taking all the big accounts with me, I never signed a non-compete clause so STFU, and now you're fucked. PS my fucking paychecks keep bouncing."

I never went back. The company eventually got money from some "angel" investor (a dentist they swindled out of 100 k) but folded soon anyway.

This is perhaps the most malicious thing I have ever done (apart from stealing people's hubcaps)

- Hubcap Boi
Car Key Boi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote