Claypova in Rome: Veni, vidi, vici. The Sequel ... - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 12th, 2012, 02:28 PM   #61
country flag Craig.
MA5HA

Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Claypova in Rome: Veni, vidi, vici. The Sequel ...

Why is everyone so happy about the draw?

I can totally see her bombing out to Ivanovic or someone
Craig. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 12th, 2012, 04:55 PM   #62
country flag JamieOwen3

JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute

5 pages already? Lets fight and DEFEND this shit Maria!!!!!!!
Maria Sharapova Venus & Serena Martina Hingis Anna Kournikova Monica Seles Ana Ivanovic Victoria Azarenka Jelena Dokic Laura Robson Eugenie Bouchard Heather Watson Elena Baltacha R.I.P Petra Kvitova Donna Vekic

Official Siberian Death Stare Of The Maria Mafia
Andy Murray 2013 Wimbledon Champion. @TheGrandSlams
JamieOwen3 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2012, 05:07 PM   #63
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Can't wait to be there next week, I hope to see Maria play and make at least SF!
Trih is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2012, 06:44 PM   #64
country flag vozas

vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute

The draw may be tricky but I expect her to make the finals. She'll defend the title if Serena withdraws.

I expect Kerber to make the semis from her quarter.
vozas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2012, 07:20 PM   #65
country flag MashaFan01

MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of

I'm very pleased with the draw - whatever opponents are better than to meet Serena on her half - This way Masha has it in her own hands to reach the finals and hope that someone else takes out Serena - Masha can defeat anyone except for Serena
MashaFan01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2012, 08:26 PM   #66
country flag Jack89

Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light

It's a challenging draw for Maria. I think her first real test could come in a possible 3rd round encounter with Ivanovic. Ana can play on clay and she is more prone to good serving days, than bad, nowadays.

Overall, its a tricky draw but a good test of where Maria's form is, going into RG.
Jack89 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2012, 08:30 PM   #67
country flag Shivank17

Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't Ana lose to Sveta on clay in Fed Cup this year?

I doubt both these girls should be troublesome considering they have been suffering with some serious brain damage since winning French Open.

Career Grand Slam + Silver Medalist.

When the going gets tough, the tough get going.
Twitter: @Shivank17
Shivank17 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2012, 08:55 PM   #68
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Echo opinions expressed by many posters, the best thing about Madrid is that Maria didn't get hurt. Furthermore, she bettered her results from last year.

Looking forward to Rome and RG and fully expect Maria to build upon what she's started at Stuttgart.
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2012, 09:00 PM   #69
country flag Qetusi

Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack89 View Post
It's a challenging draw for Maria. I think her first real test could come in a possible 3rd round encounter with Ivanovic. Ana can play on clay and she is more prone to good serving days, than bad, nowadays.

Overall, its a tricky draw but a good test of where Maria's form is, going into RG.
Agree
Qetusi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2012, 11:31 PM   #70
country flag Shafanovic.
#claypova

Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute

Time to defend the title.

CLAYPOVA
Shafanovic. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2012, 01:22 AM   #71
country flag abesky

abesky is just really nice abesky is just really nice abesky is just really nice abesky is just really nice abesky is just really nice abesky is just really nice abesky is just really nice abesky is just really nice abesky is just really nice abesky is just really nice abesky is just really nice

I have an interesting hypothesis.

I just read on Wiki that Maria and Hogstedt started working on 2011, and since then Maria has only met Serena twice. Which brings me to the theory that Hogstedt and Maria haven't come up with a strategy to beat Serena since the two don't play much often. However when they do, Maria always gets murdered. It seemed that it wasn't their priority to beat Serena since they started working together. I think they focused more with coming up with a strategy to beat Assarenka judging by the recent beatdown - I think they finally have the right strategy to beat her.

But now that Maria has been beaten by Serena for the second time since Hogstedt coached her, I think this is the heads up/wake up call/turning point in which Hogstedt will start to focus more on coming up with a strategy to beat her. I think it will take like 1 or 2 more losses before they finally get it right.

What do you guys think?
abesky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2012, 01:53 AM   #72
country flag ziros

ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold

Execution is the problem,she may have the right gameplan but she just makes too many errors trying to do it
ziros is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2012, 02:03 AM   #73
country flag abesky

abesky is just really nice abesky is just really nice abesky is just really nice abesky is just really nice abesky is just really nice abesky is just really nice abesky is just really nice abesky is just really nice abesky is just really nice abesky is just really nice abesky is just really nice

That's true. I think I blame the fact that she had a W/O against Safarova - she didn't have a warm up match before Serena.
abesky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2012, 05:08 AM   #74
country flag shaktincredible

shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jechijo View Post
Radwanska has a QF with Serena! God exists! Justice is done! Let's hope Serena doesn't retire!

I don't think Maria has a bad draw, even though McHale as her first opponent can be dangerous: she has already defeated Wozniacki and Kvitova in the past year! On the other hand I don't want Maria to play Niculescu, because she's such a tricky opponent, that can disrupt your rythm with all those chops and slices! Another match vs Stosur would be great in the QF!

I'll be in Rome next Thursday until the following Monday. If I have wi-fi in the hotel, I'll write some reports for you guys. I have tickets for the QFs on Friday and the Fs on Sunday! Hopefully Maria will be playing on both those days!
envy you!

i dont think Maria will defend her title anyway, i prefer her to grab Roland Garros title instead!!

French Open 2012 final : Maria Sharapova def. Serena Williams

SUICIDE title : prague 2009, Moskow 2010, Paris 2011
FITD title : Stuttgart 2012
shaktincredible is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2012, 05:36 AM   #75
country flag ziros

ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold

You think Serena will break her 10 year duck at RG and reach the final? It's weird that none of the top 4 favourites for RG(Vika,Serena,Petra,Maria) have been in the final there in the last 9 years. Would this have ever happened before? Just shows how random it's been the last 4-5 years
ziros is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote