Claypova in Rome: Veni, vidi, vici. The Sequel ... - Page 33 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 19th, 2012, 01:19 PM   #481
country flag doooma6816

doooma6816 has much to be proud of doooma6816 has much to be proud of doooma6816 has much to be proud of doooma6816 has much to be proud of doooma6816 has much to be proud of doooma6816 has much to be proud of doooma6816 has much to be proud of doooma6816 has much to be proud of doooma6816 has much to be proud of doooma6816 has much to be proud of doooma6816 has much to be proud of
Re: Claypova in Rome: Veni, vidi, vici. The Sequel ...

She was solid, good second set.
Defend the title! It'll be tough but she HAS to win tomorrow.
Venus Ana Petra Pavly Franny
doooma6816 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 19th, 2012, 01:32 PM   #482
country flag Crux Squall

Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future

H2H: 6-4 for Maria, on Clay: 1-1
Suicide Tennis
Tipping Rank:#36
PAW Rank:#42
FITD Rank:#112.
Crux Squall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2012, 01:37 PM   #483
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Great Maria has a chance to defend her Rome title!
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2012, 01:39 PM   #484
country flag goldlion

goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold

Maria definitely used her brain today in directing the balls. Kerber moved a bit too early on the slow court and let Maria have the gap to see her position. Had it been a hard court it would be easier for Kerber.

But she needs to break down Na's forehand tomorrow and get a good eye on the serve.
goldlion is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2012, 01:52 PM   #485
country flag Slampova

Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future

Good luck tomorrow Maria, or should I say Claypova who she has really morphed into these past two years on clay
Back to back Rome titles would be Li will be tough but hopefully that Miami match showed Maria she just needs to keep the ball in play to beat Li. Now, show Thomas he made the right decision tomorrow Maria

W'04, US'06, AO'08, RG'12
Slampova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2012, 01:58 PM   #486
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

Maria needs to keep that backhand nice and low, serve well and Li has no chance.
Mr.Sharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2012, 02:01 PM   #487
country flag goldlion

goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold

My thought these days is that Maria doesn't even have to play high level to beat her opponents. Look at Indian Wells and Miami. The only top form she hits this year is Stuggart and it clearly showed the difference.
goldlion is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2012, 02:32 PM   #488
country flag Kon.

Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute

That was very solid from Maria today. Well done.

Good luck tomorrow
Kon. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2012, 02:34 PM   #489
country flag abesky

abesky is just really nice abesky is just really nice abesky is just really nice abesky is just really nice abesky is just really nice abesky is just really nice abesky is just really nice abesky is just really nice abesky is just really nice abesky is just really nice abesky is just really nice

JujuPova! Who's with me?!
abesky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2012, 03:02 PM   #490
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldlion View Post
My thought these days is that Maria doesn't even have to play high level to beat her opponents. Look at Indian Wells and Miami. The only top form she hits this year is Stuggart and it clearly showed the difference.
The biggest difference is her serves. She offsets her DF's with aces, and she holds clutch service games time after time.

Maria is all about getting better and she walks the walk.
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2012, 03:16 PM   #491
country flag GrandMartha

GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute

Yay, another big final and she even stands a good chance to win
This SF match leads me to think that she actually didn't give it all in Paris (tanking... )
Defend the title please
Old May 19th, 2012, 03:36 PM   #492
country flag nelsondan

nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute

Over and over, I keep seeing the same thing in a lot of maria's matches. She might start well, and then mess up the lead, or she might start badly, and battle back. Sooner or later, with things almost even, she has a key game, usually late in the set....to me, it seems like her superior physical condition makes thes games happen...a little more strength and endurance come Ito play....second set could have gone 5-5... It did not. 3-2 could have gone 2-3...it did not.
Old May 19th, 2012, 03:39 PM   #493
country flag Lachy
ICE QUEENS.

Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute

That is all
Lachy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2012, 03:48 PM   #494
country flag vozas

vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gociku View Post
This SF match leads me to think that she actually didn't give it all in Paris (tanking... )
She destroyed Kerber 61 63 two weeks before in Australia. Paria was an obvious tank because she had stuff to do back in the US.

I was quite surprised at the poll results before her match with Kerber. Lots of people predicting Angie would win. This is not really the kind of player who troubles Maria because she's a proper counterpuncher who DOES give her pace, unlike those polish vultures. Kerber is a bit like Empress really. They don't have the same shots, but their game plan is very similar, and Maria leads Empress what? 6-1?
vozas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2012, 03:54 PM   #495
country flag Crux Squall

Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future

I dont think Maria played great today. Her form in 3rd round match is better. Today Her FH is not working well, she missed so many FH and 2 or 3 stupid volley . I hope She can play better tomorrow
Suicide Tennis
Tipping Rank:#36
PAW Rank:#42
FITD Rank:#112.

Last edited by Crux Squall : May 19th, 2012 at 04:10 PM.
Crux Squall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote