Claypova in Rome: Veni, vidi, vici. The Sequel ... - Page 28 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 18th, 2012, 08:49 PM   #406
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future
Re: Claypova in Rome: Veni, vidi, vici. The Sequel ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedropt View Post
Kerber has the perfect game to test Maria's footwork.

Show her how it is
Yes, like Venus, Kerber is a good athlete and moves very well; she can turn defense into instant offense better than most players. It will be a tough test for Maria but a good preparation for final.

By the way, Maria will play 2nd SF, NB 1:30 PM.

http://www.internazionalibnlditalia..../Live-OOP.aspx
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 18th, 2012, 09:04 PM   #407
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

Kerber it is then .

Maria please reach that final .
Mr.Sharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2012, 09:13 PM   #408
country flag Advantage Me

Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold

I hope Maria has learnt some lessons from her previous match against Kerber who was at that time playing incredibly well. She went on to win the tournament. I have faith in Maria for tomorrow's match. If she can keep up the same level as today, Kerber will not stand a chance. She won today because Petra was under performing and made tons of UEs.

Serena is another matter. Who knows? There might be no Serena!
Advantage Me is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2012, 09:43 PM   #409
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

Well done, Maria!

Her first win over Venus since Miami 2007

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2012, 10:07 PM   #410
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria Croft View Post
Oh, who really cares if Serena kicks her ass again in the final.
I think that at this point Maria has even gotten used to it, just as us fans

Just hope that she plays a good match tomorrow. Getting revenge and making a final are always a good thing.
Oh, if she reaches the finals and Serena kicks her ass yet again I won't complain... I am used to her losing to Serena. Her losing to Kerber - of that I am not used and I don't want to be forced to get used to it.
Old May 18th, 2012, 10:15 PM   #411
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute

I havent watched the match yet but from all reports she played a great match. Its awesome that she was able to step it up when she needed to. YAY Masha
Andy. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2012, 10:48 PM   #412
country flag nelsondan

nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18majors View Post
Yes, like Venus, Kerber is a good athlete and moves very well; she can turn defense into instant offense better than most players. It will be a tough test for Maria but a good preparation for final.

By the way, Maria will play 2nd SF, NB 1:30 PM.

http://www.internazionalibnlditalia..../Live-OOP.aspx
12 hours 45 minutes from when I post this?
Old May 18th, 2012, 11:40 PM   #413
country flag heelsrule1988

heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all

After two shaky wins to start off this tournament, this one was very satisfying. Served pretty well, and beat someone as top-notch as Venus. Now it's time to get some revenge for that baby tournament in Paris.
heelsrule1988 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2012, 12:38 AM   #414
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maja12 View Post
Oh, if she reaches the finals and Serena kicks her ass yet again I won't complain... I am used to her losing to Serena. Her losing to Kerber - of that I am not used and I don't want to be forced to get used to it.
I will never get used to it or accept it
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2012, 12:44 AM   #415
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsondan View Post
12 hours 45 minutes from when I post this?
Yes.
Old May 19th, 2012, 12:45 AM   #416
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

By the way, has anyone else noticed she seems to have modified her forehand slightly this week? Today especially, she seemed to be putting a fair coating of topspin on it a lot of the time. I like it; atleast that type of shot should be consistent and hold up well on days where her timing is off on the forehand side, rather than her norm in recent years where her forehand on it's worst days is both erratic AND landing really short even when it goes in

I definitely think she's been playing well enough this claycourt season to win RG, but the big question mark is her mentality (which is pretty much the complete opposite of last year, where mentally she seemed totally ready to win a Slam but her game wasn't at the required level yet). There's been so many matches in recent months where she's full of tension - e.g. the Miami final against fucking RADWANSKA, and even today, she made the first set a lot more difficult than it should've been because she was visibly nervous. I can't deny I'm wondering how, if she's getting this nervy in relatively innocuous matches, how her nerve's gonna hold up ina Slam final
Old May 19th, 2012, 12:46 AM   #417
country flag 18majors

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
I will never get used to it or accept it
It's just a matter of time before Maria prevails.
Old May 19th, 2012, 12:50 AM   #418
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18majors View Post
It's just a matter of time before Maria prevails.
I hope so, but I thought this before their last two matches I was about to say my gut feeling was that Maria would have a decent chance of finally doing it if they meet this week, but I'm finished trusting my gut feelings on this one
Old May 19th, 2012, 01:05 AM   #419
country flag 18majors

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
I hope so, but I thought this before their last two matches I was about to say my gut feeling was that Maria would have a decent chance of finally doing it if they meet this week, but I'm finished trusting my gut feelings on this one
Hope your gut feeling returns once Maria beats Kerber and Serena beats Li.

The important thing is to reach final. It doesn't matter whether Maria plays Serena or Li, either way is a great preparation for RG.
Old May 19th, 2012, 01:06 AM   #420
country flag Steven.

Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMashaFan View Post
I havent watched the match yet but from all reports she played a great match. Its awesome that she was able to step it up when she needed to. YAY Masha
with special thanks for the umpire for pissing off mash at like 2-2 lifted up her game heaps after all those close calls