Claypova in Rome: Veni, vidi, vici. The Sequel ... - Page 14 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 16th, 2012, 09:37 PM   #196
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Claypova in Rome: Veni, vidi, vici. The Sequel ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Directioner
Cannot understand why she plays so GOAT at stuttgart then sucks at madrid and here
Maria loves playing indoors, perfect conditions for Maria in Stuttgart. Now back on red clay outdoors and a mess

Ivanovic is very tough. Maria has to serve and move well. I am scared

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 16th, 2012, 09:55 PM   #197
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, to think they hadn't played each other in 4 years since that AO Final is crazy to me. I hope their second match this year is better then Indian Wells and nobody retires! I really want Ana to continue her comeback and wish this match was happening in a later round. Oh well. Good luck tomorrow, Maria! Should be a great match and happy with either outcome =)
TrollPova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2012, 10:04 PM   #198
country flag MashaFan01

MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of

Dang!! - I'd so hoped that Nadja Petrova would have taken out Serena - that dam girl lost it in the second and third set - what a dam pity
MashaFan01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2012, 10:08 PM   #199
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MashaFan01 View Post
Dang!! - I'd so hoped that Nadja Petrova would have taken out Serena - that dam girl lost it in the second and third set - what a dam pity
Hope Maria plays Serena in Rome final, it will be a great preparation for Roland Garros.
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2012, 10:24 PM   #200
country flag Reptilia
`

Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute

Love this matchup Gonna try get up early fo sure.
Reptilia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2012, 10:29 PM   #201
Crux Squall

Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future

WTA @ WTA 5m
Victoria Azarenka has withdrawn from the
@InteBNLdItalia due to a shoulder injury.
Suicide Tennis
Tipping Rank:#42
PAW Rank:#107
FITD Rank:#188.
Crux Squall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2012, 10:40 PM   #202
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute

wow, can't believe Azarenka withdrew! Doesn't seem to be a really lucky tournament for her, and I can't say I'm upset about this. Oh well!! Looks like we're gonna have Serena walk to the final. Really hope Maria faces her there
TrollPova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2012, 11:24 PM   #203
country flag ziros

ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold

Great chance for Maria to take the title with a few of the big names now out. I'd be surprised to see Serena get to the final,but you never know I guess...
ziros is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2012, 11:48 PM   #204
country flag goldlion

goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold

Yes Ivanovic is good but it's up to Maria if she lets Ana do what she wants on court.

1. Ana has good soft net skills but if Maria doesn't give her time to prepare for those shots, one of her strokes is then elimated. Just see Indian Wells - if Maria's shots are penetrating the court and she gets inside, Ana barely has a chance.

2. Ana's serve is both of her advantage and disadvantage - she can either come up with an odd ace/angle with her werid ball toss or serve crap the entire match. Rarely I see her serve well these days and Maria has to take care of that ROS reasonably well to dictate play.

3. Ana isn't quite quick as she used to be and definitely isn't mobile as McHale. So Maria has to make sure the rallies are not long but effective on her groundstrokes.

4. Attack Ana's backhand - even in her glory days, her backhand has let her down badly on important matches because it's so unnatural and it's easy to read where she's gonna hit.
goldlion is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2012, 12:32 AM   #205
country flag perseus2006
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think anyone in the bottom half is going to play Pova tougher on clay than X did in the second round. Maybe Petra if she makes it but she doesn't seem on her game.

Ana should play a solid match but I don't think it will be enough to derail Pova.

The Top half has fallen completely apart! Wow! Vika has been having right arm problems from wrist to shoulder starting in Miami, maybe even IW. She's right to drop out. Hopefully she will skip RG, too, if that is required to heal fully. I wouldn't want her to experience a Pova-like shoulder problem.

Compare and contrast Serenka's Rome play v Nadia to Madrid play v Pova. Didn't seem like the same player!
perseus2006 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2012, 12:32 AM   #206
country flag atominside

atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future

Ana has a good shot. maria hasnt played well at all since stuttgart. I don't even think she went for her serves in the Mchale match. She was basically spinning them in.

In indian wells, i thought ana's backhand stood up very well against maria. ana was just making errors of the forehand. This is a 50/50 match. If maria brings her stuttgart form it'll be a 6-2 6-3 easy win. If not, we'll have a close, tight, fugly match.
atominside is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2012, 01:02 AM   #207
country flag Lachy
ICE QUEENS.

Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute

This is going to be a really tough match on clay for Maria. Hoping she wins it but also hoping that Ana makes it competitive and at least finishes the match off this time
Lachy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2012, 01:17 AM   #208
Mrs. Dimitrova
#CareerSlamPova

Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute

Last time they played on clay in the match that must not be named Maria won 3 games. It's time to avenge that. Let's go.
Mrs. Dimitrova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2012, 02:15 AM   #209
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Omg I just read that Vika is out for a shoulder injury, is it bad?
I just saw the result on the livescore earlier and it was "normal" (61 62) I didn't see this coming
Trih is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2012, 02:54 AM   #210
country flag Fed_Ds

Fed_Ds is a name known to all Fed_Ds is a name known to all Fed_Ds is a name known to all Fed_Ds is a name known to all Fed_Ds is a name known to all Fed_Ds is a name known to all Fed_Ds is a name known to all Fed_Ds is a name known to all Fed_Ds is a name known to all Fed_Ds is a name known to all Fed_Ds is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.14159 View Post
Last time they played on clay in the match that must not be named Maria won 3 games. It's time to avenge that. Let's go.
Davai!
Fed_Ds is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote