50k Sacramento - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 28th, 2012, 10:04 PM   #1
country flag coetzergambill

coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of
50k Sacramento

R1: Lena Litvak (USA) v Alexandra Stevenson (USA)

gl lexy. tough one, they haven't met before, but i'm not expecting too much from lexy. she's just too unfit...

S.Asagoe Y.Basuki J.Capriati Y.Cho A.Damayanti K.Date-Krumm M.Drake S.Hsieh T.Huỳnh Phương Đi J.Jackson A.King A.Kremer Y.Leacock J.Lee N.Li M.Lucic A.Mauresmo M.Moulton-Levy A.Muhammed L.Osterloh S.Perry M.Pierce W.Prakusya N.Ramalalaharivololona D.Randriantefy Z.Razafimahatratra A.Rolle C.Rubin C.Scheepers S.Sfar A.Stevenson A.Sugiyama T.Tanasugarn M.Tu I.Tulyaganova M.Washington A.Widjaja S.Williams V.Williams J.Zheng
coetzergambill is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 29th, 2012, 02:12 AM   #2
country flag Paneru

Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 50k Sacramento

Quote:
Originally Posted by coetzergambill View Post
gl lexy. tough one, they haven't met before, but i'm not expecting too much from lexy. she's just too unfit...
That is my only beef with her. I don't care if she wants to continue to play into her 40's or even continuing to have her mother as a coach.

However, if she still has dreams and goals to be what she thinks she can, why not start with getting into the best physical shape possible? And she doesn't even need a trainer, just hit the gym and alter the diet.

If you want it, go for it!
Paneru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2012, 04:15 AM   #3
country flag geoepee
Team WTAworld

geoepee has a reputation beyond repute geoepee has a reputation beyond repute geoepee has a reputation beyond repute geoepee has a reputation beyond repute geoepee has a reputation beyond repute geoepee has a reputation beyond repute geoepee has a reputation beyond repute geoepee has a reputation beyond repute geoepee has a reputation beyond repute geoepee has a reputation beyond repute geoepee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paneru View Post
That is my only beef with her. I don't care if she wants to continue to play into her 40's or even continuing to have her mother as a coach.

However, if she still has dreams and goals to be what she thinks she can, why not start with getting into the best physical shape possible? And she doesn't even need a trainer, just hit the gym and alter the diet.

i agree
lliamsVenusWilliamsVenusWilliamsVenusWilliamsVenus
WilliamsVenusWilliamsVenusWilliamsVenusWilliamsVen
usWilliamsVenusWilliamsVenusWilliamsVenusWilliamsV
enusWilliamsVenusWilliamsVenusWilliamsVenusWilliam

Good Luck to Venus Williams in 2006!
Official Alchemist of the Royal Court

WGTA - A. Stevenson (5) - S5 Australian Open Champion [GS]
WITT - A. Stevenson (6) - S1 Mexican Open Champion [T2]
LTT - A. Stevenson (25)
UTT - A. Stevenson (16)
geoepee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2012, 05:49 PM   #4

coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paneru View Post

i think the same. the only thing that bothers me is the fact that i have the feeling she's not giving 100%, not trying hard enough for what she's expecting from herself. anyway, gl lexy!

S.Asagoe Y.Basuki J.Capriati Y.Cho A.Damayanti K.Date-Krumm M.Drake S.Hsieh T.Huỳnh Phương Đi J.Jackson A.King A.Kremer Y.Leacock J.Lee N.Li M.Lucic A.Mauresmo M.Moulton-Levy A.Muhammed L.Osterloh S.Perry M.Pierce W.Prakusya N.Ramalalaharivololona D.Randriantefy Z.Razafimahatratra A.Rolle C.Rubin C.Scheepers S.Sfar A.Stevenson A.Sugiyama T.Tanasugarn M.Tu I.Tulyaganova M.Washington A.Widjaja S.Williams V.Williams J.Zheng
Old May 31st, 2012, 03:18 AM   #5
country flag mikireturns

mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future

Litvak cooked the Stevenson goose. Burger King is calling, Alexandra. You have an interview tomorrow and they'll get you fitted for a uniform.

You'll have to wear a hairnet, but I expect they'll move you up from the fryer to the cash-register in no time at all.

Be sure to put "Alexandra Stevenson: Wimbledon Champion and Dancer" on your name-tag.
mikireturns is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2012, 06:59 AM   #6

R1: Lena Litvak (USA) d. Alexandra Stevenson (USA) 36 63 63

Old May 31st, 2012, 05:13 PM   #7
country flag mikireturns

mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future

It's getting utterly masochistic for poor Alexandra. As Grace Jones pointed out, the fitness is baffling. It would be one thing if Alexandra were in total fighting shape and having no success whatsoever, but she's built like a water buffalo and is going out there in deplorable physical form, especially for a supposed athlete. Lena Litvak is about as tomato-can as it gets and she waxed Stevenson in the final sets.
Given her terrible fitness, what is Stevenson expecting, really, when she goes out there?

That suddenly, out of the blue, she's going to have an amazing run and win ... a 25K?

If she were wealthy and wanted to subject herself to these constant beat-downs and humiliations just for kicks, then I could see some iota of sense in it. It would be weird, but at least one could maybe say, "She's a rich eccentric who is chasing a fancy." But she and the mother have indicated that they are in dire straits, financially. Living in a one-bedroom condo, their beds right next to each other. That's bizarre enough (how do you even have a social life if you are nearing middle-age and sleeping in the same room as your mommy?) but they obviously haven't strangled each other, yet, so to each their own.

It is her life to do with exactly as she pleases, but losing tennis matches even at the club level is no fun, and she has been losing for years and years and must be about half-crazy with losing by now. One has to wonder what could possibly be going through her brain. She is not making any kind of profit from these bush-league forays. Maybe if she were reaching the semis of finals of all of them, she would be able to cover the expense of gas, food, and "reservations" at the Motel 6, but she's walking away from these q-round and 1st round challenger losses with a couple hundred bucks, at best.

Plus, Alexandra is starting to look a little old and haggard even when she's all dressed up. All that time in the sun catches up with a tennis player. She had an unusual, exotic face when she was younger ... She could have maybe done the modeling thing, or the actress thing. Prettly late for that now.

It's her life, but wow, you gotta wonder what makes those two birds keep enduring this nonsense, all circs being considered. What's the ranking now? Mid-400s? She won't even be able to qualify for qualifying at the few summer and autumn bush league events. What's she gonna do? Have mother string a net up in the parking lot at these often seedy venues and sell tickets so people can watch creaky old Alexandra play against her shadow?

Run, Alexandra. Run from that mother who is draining the life out of you like a vampire and don't look back. Save yourself, girl!
Old Jun 2nd, 2012, 08:54 AM   #8
country flag mikireturns

As an additional thought: maybe Alexandra is waiting/ working for that one last big run so she can walk away from tennis with her head held high. It might be delusional, because she is unfit and not in any position to even have that happen anymore, but I'd rather cheer her on than make fun of her (or even the mother) any longer.

Somehow, I have the feeling this has been very sad and damaging to her. I hope she finds success in whatever she tries to undertake, so long as she truly enjoys what she's doing.