Mirjana's spring 2012 European swing - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 8th, 2012, 09:23 AM   #16
country flag mikireturns

mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future
Re: Mirjana's spring 2012 European swing

Quote:
Originally Posted by markdelaney View Post
Here are the stats.Lucic serving first:

SET 1:
0-1 (2 DFs broken to 15), 0-2 (R Holds to 15), 0-3 (Broken to 15 , 1 DF) 0-4 (R Holds to 15) 1-4 (Holds to 15), 1-5 (R Holds to 15), 2-5 (Holds to Love), 3-5 (Breaks to 30) , 4-5 (Holds to 15) 4-6 (R Holds to 30)

SET 2:
0-1 (Broken to 15) , 1-1 (Breaks back, 3 DF from R, 12 point game, wins on 4th BP), 1-2 (Broken after 3 DF) 1-3 (R Holds to 30), 2-3 (Holds to 30, 1 DF) , 2-4 (R Holds to 15) , 2-5 (Broken to 15), 3-5 (Breaks to 15) , 4-5 Holds to 15 (1 DF), 4-6 (R Holds to 30)

Other than chucking in 3 DFs after getting herself back into the match (Exactly as she did against Lauren Davis) . 1-5 down in set 1 and 2-5 Down in set 2 with sloppy errors. She had BP in 3 games and broke each time, otherwise never took Radwanska to deuce on her own serve

First serve 47%. Won 19/25 first serves. Second serve won 8/28
WOW! Ask and Ye shall Receive.

Thank you so much for providing this detailed information. This is very much appreciated.

Now, assesing it ... Mirjana is (surprise! surprise!) rusty and crappy and shitty. She needs matches going into Paris, if she hopes to get a win ... She has not yet found her red clay brain.

Mirjana ... your red clay brain is in the green cooler next to the ugly lineswoman! Please ... go and take your brain from the cooler and place it back into your head and attempt some tennis.

Thanks very much, delaney.
mikireturns is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 9th, 2012, 06:24 PM   #17
country flag mikireturns

mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future

As of this afternoon, Mirjana is 2nd ALT for Rome qualification draw.

She is barely going to make it, if she makes it at all.

Wow, really fear for her ranking.

Come on, Mirjana ... get some wins and heave yourself back into the Top 100. FAST.
Old May 10th, 2012, 03:25 PM   #18
country flag SERVivor

SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold

Yeah, she may still make it in to Rome qualifying. Venus got a main draw WC and Lucie Hrdadecka is still playing in Madrid, so she should be in or down to first alternate. I hope she makes it as she can at least get one match in or more before Strasbourg. It would suck for her to try to defend all those Strasbourg points without at least a little bit more match play.
SERVivor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2012, 06:37 PM   #19
country flag mikireturns

^
Mirjana squeaked into the quallies of Rome today. Another great opportunity. Hopefully she can pull together and make some inroads, work on that serve and find her red clay feet. Wish her the very best luck and hopefully an ideal draw. Would be great if she qualified, obviously, and won at least one MD match. Viva Roma, Mirjana. Toss a coin in the Trevi Fountain so you'll be sure to come back next year!
Old May 11th, 2012, 05:41 PM   #20
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute

Hampton in QR1
ajmo! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2012, 06:38 PM   #21
country flag mikireturns

She KNOWS she can beat Jamie. Watching Hampton play Mattek-Sands last year in Stanford, I just think that a focused Mirjana absolutely must muscle past her convincingly. So long as she is serving in at least the 50s and isn't hitting everything toward the moon. Hampton makes a lot of errors, too, and is hardly the best mover. Tends to get very negative.

C'mon, Mirjana ... this girl can certainly be knocked-out on red clay in Europe. Bring some grit and concentration. Ass-in-gear, Lucic!

Who knows?
Old May 11th, 2012, 08:00 PM   #22
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute

Well Jamie has a great year, she had that amazing week in IW and I was impressed watching her against Aga. But if I remember well Mirjana beat her twice. Two years ago on clay 75 62 and last year i Quebec 64 62.
If Mirjana's at her 80-90% she'll win.
Also, I really hope she draws Yakimova or somebody that bad in Paris.
ajmo! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2012, 10:54 PM   #23
country flag mikireturns

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmo! View Post
Also, I really hope she draws Yakimova or somebody that bad in Paris.
Oh yes, someone utterly ghastly or severely injured would be ideal. Yakimova or Amanmuradova, or anyone with a stress fracture, a pulled groin, or on crutches.

Or, some 16 year-old French junior who is just going to be thrown into her first tournament ever via wc.

But, of course, it will be Stosur or Woz.
Old May 11th, 2012, 11:58 PM   #24
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikireturns View Post
But, of course, it will be Stosur or Woz.

Worse: it'll be Azarenka, Serena or a WC Henin.
networthy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2012, 12:04 AM   #25
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmo! View Post
Hampton in QR1
And if Mirjana manages to beat Hampton she'll likely get the top Q seed, Suarez Navarro (#45), who eats clay for breakfast.

If it gets to that, Mirjana will need divine .
Old May 12th, 2012, 09:59 AM   #26
country flag MLF

MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute

Lucic d. Hampton 6/4 6/2

Too many double faults making several games harder than necessary but also excellent that she only faced one break point.
MLF is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2012, 10:07 AM   #27
country flag SERVivor

SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold

Pretty routine win over Hampton. Could have won the second set 6-0 with all the bps she had. Let's hope Navarro and Dulko run each other around the court for 3.5 hours and the winner is depleted when she faces Lucic. Really, though, if Lucic could play so well against Medina-Garrigus last year, she should be able to test Navarro who isn't any better than Garrigus was last year at this time, Garrigus also being the #1 qualifying seed last year.
SERVivor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2012, 10:33 AM   #28
country flag networthy

Easy 20 points
Old May 12th, 2012, 10:46 AM   #29
country flag networthy

Here's the comparison between Mirjana's points last year through Rome and so far this year:

Auckland, 6
Sydney, 1
AUS Open, 5
Indian Wells, 20
Nassau, 1
Miami, 1
Charleston, 1
Stuttgart, 1
Barcelona, 30
Madrid, 1
Rome, 1

Total: 68 pts

Brisbane, 1
Sydney, 8
AUS Open, 40
Midland, 18
Memphis, 1
Indian Wells, 1
Nassau, 20
Miami, 20
Osprey, 1
Charleston, 52
Dothan, 18
Cagnes sur mer, 1
Rome, 20

Total: 201 pts

Things start to get tricky next week, when Mirjana will be defending 86 points from Strasbourg
Old May 12th, 2012, 10:48 AM   #30
country flag frenchie

frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute

good win.

I hope she can secure her Wimbledon MD spot this week

Radwanska - S. Williams - V. Williams - Kerber
frenchie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote