2012 NCAA Team Championship FITD - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 2nd, 2012, 06:53 AM   #16
country flag Amalgamate

Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future
Re: 2012 NCAA Team Championship FITD

Quote:
Originally Posted by knoxt View Post
Do you have to sign up to get an account?
Nothing more than your name and email. Could be fake
Amalgamate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 2nd, 2012, 06:54 AM   #17
country flag Amalgamate

Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future

Quote:
Duke has a cakewalk draw, provided they can get through UVA which they should...
I'd say Florida has the cakiest of walks. Duke vs. UGA should be a good match.
Old May 2nd, 2012, 08:25 AM   #18
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all

Long Beach State better be careful in case Arkansas tries to poach some of LBS's foreign players.

The 49ers got lucky drawing an over ranked Arkansas team that got an at-large by beating an injured Tennessee team.
gouci is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2012, 02:15 PM   #19
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post

prizes?!! Should I then be absolutely objective? Damn I don't want to put STAN above USC ...
2nd_serve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2012, 04:21 PM   #20
country flag fantic

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalgamate View Post
Nothing more than your name and email. Could be fake
then you can't receive the prizes?

Anyway, interesting fact;

played matches most; BU 30
least; STAN 18
"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Nil admirari (never enthuse over things).
- Horace, Epistles
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2012, 04:22 PM   #21
country flag fantic

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalgamate View Post
I'd say Florida has the cakiest of walks. Duke vs. UGA should be a good match.
True. Anyway, I think I'll register just before the deadline
"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old May 2nd, 2012, 06:36 PM   #22
country flag fantic

Is that...the MIGHTY TREE?

- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old May 2nd, 2012, 07:42 PM   #23
country flag fantic

so, since we're not actually putting out picks here we might as well write anything concerning the team championship, right?

About the Quarterfinal USC vs STAN

This might be the last time for a while non STAN team can win the championship, so the stakes could be high.

USC MUST WIND THE DBLS, and it's possible.

USC can win #1 & 3, hey let's say they can sweep all 3. Tan/Tsay lost to Oregon dbls at Ojai, so

SINGLES

1. ZOE VS GIBBS

Possible. If Zoe's serve works, possible. What's Zoe better than Gibbsy? Only serve and defense. So, utilize it. Oh, she's taller too, right?
So follow Amanda Fink's tactic which was successful against Barte at 2009 Ojai semi.
RELENTLESSLY ATTACK GIBBSY'S BH SIDE, SENDING HIGH BALLS FOR GOOD MEASURE.
I don't care how much Zoe gets hit winners by Nicole. Amanda was the same, yet she won.

2. STAN, Lao will be blown away.

3. Sabs vs Stacey;

Hmm, could be interesting, no? Sabs can hit hard too. But Stacey beat Juricova..will be
difficult.

4. KK vs Tsay

Last time KK lost easily to Tsay. Tsay will naturally come up to the net. Can KK pass her?

5. Li vs DeSimone/Pulido

Pulido beat Gabi to win the invite. What'll be the lineup? Curious.
Li hits harder, but D/P are more consistent.

6. Dillon vs D/P

A MUST win for USC.

--------
Now let's say Ahn plays at #4;

KK vs Ahn

Anything is fair in love and war and match
KK, move Ahn AROUND. RELENTLESSLY. Ahn decided to play, despite the ankle injury, so don't be soft against her. ATTACK. If Ahn is rusty, and can't move around fast, KK might actually have a chance

If Ahn plays at #5 and Gabi plays her, same scenario. Gabi can move the opponents around relentlessly, as shown in Ojai.
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles

Last edited by fantic : May 2nd, 2012 at 09:24 PM.
Old May 2nd, 2012, 10:32 PM   #24
country flag form

form has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouci View Post
Long Beach State better be careful in case Arkansas tries to poach some of LBS's foreign players.

The 49ers got lucky drawing an over ranked Arkansas team that got an at-large by beating an injured Tennessee team.
Definitely the weakest 2 in the field. Still gotta play the match though... and then hello # 1.

Interesting the committee sent both E. Kentucky teams to UCLA... has that ever happened?

Maybe UCI should ask Arkansas for tips... or just get some BETTER PLAYERS ..... how great a run could UCI tennis have been if LB were not in the league that last 12 years?
form is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2012, 01:22 AM   #25
country flag fantic

From the TAM profile,

NCAA div. 1 first-timer Sun Wen

is 6 feet tall,
her hobby is sleeping and eating,
and want's to be a housewife
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old May 3rd, 2012, 01:45 AM   #26
country flag Amalgamate

#1 Seed. Bow down bitches.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-7TcARWg2kc...0/Will5-11.jpg
Old May 3rd, 2012, 02:27 AM   #27
country flag CTSEMT

CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all

I think I accidentally entered the same bracket twice. Is there a way to delete one? Or can we enter as many times as we want?

Kind of a boring bracket overall, but it's definitely more open than I would've thought going into this season. I decided to take a flyer on Cal. Might as well live dangerously every once in a while
CTSEMT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2012, 03:59 AM   #28
country flag knoxt

knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold

Why is Allie Will seeded #1.. should be Beatrice Capra
knoxt is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2012, 04:56 AM   #29
country flag fantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTSEMT View Post

Kind of a boring bracket overall, but it's definitely more open than I would've thought going into this season. I decided to take a flyer on Cal. Might as well live dangerously every once in a while
That's the spirit

Quote:
Why is Allie Will seeded #1.. should be Beatrice Capra
Allie actually beat Trice at WAATC, and moreover is the winner.
Trice won the Consolation at NIIC, not exactly a result for the #1 seed(lost to Ellis in MD)..
Moreover, she also lost to Anderson at the Team Indoors final.

Allie only lost to Gullickson.
And beat Gibbs.
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles

Last edited by fantic : May 3rd, 2012 at 05:01 AM.
Old May 3rd, 2012, 05:09 AM   #30
country flag fantic

During the Team competition;

Can the coach switch the lineup at will?

Like..can coach Thornquist play #1 as
Will vs Capra
Embree vs Gullickson
Embree vs Gibbs?

And, can we check how others predicted at that site Amal registered?

Also, can we submit different picks at the Main Pool & Private Pool which Amal created? I might pick STAN/UF as the winner at Main and USC at Private

I have a free TRN acct, but can't log in on that site Do I have to make a separate acct to compete? Weird..
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles

Last edited by fantic : May 3rd, 2012 at 02:52 PM.