Mutua Madrid Open 2012-Blue clay what?Serena who? Bring on the real clay! - Page 54 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 11th, 2012, 06:21 PM   #796
country flag zigga

zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of
Re: Mutua Madrid Open 2012-Blue clay what?Serena who? Bring on the real clay!

These stats
I had a feeling it would be difficult for Maria to win this match but I didn't expect she would lose so badly. But I'm staying optimistic for the future, I believe Maria's best chance to defeat Serena is on red clay the way she is playing on red clay for the last couple of years. But I am a bit less optimistic after today's match, looks like Maria has some sort of mental issues when she plays Serena
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 11th, 2012, 06:24 PM   #797
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lachy View Post
I told myself not to expect anything but there was a definite opportunity in that second set to level at 4-4 and take the momentum. She had 2 game points I think Such a shame, had she of taken it who knows what would have happened. Shoulda, woulda, coulda. Onwards to Rome
There were opportunities to go 2-4 in the first set, i know it's not a lot, but it's something but again Maria loses her service games while she lead 40-0 and then at 2-2 she basically gives the games away with DF.
At 4-4 it is quite different, Serena came up with aces on break points there wasn't much that Maria could do. She really fucked it up at 2-2 you can't just DF like that against Serena, what the hell is that it's like she doesn't know that Serena is the real deal. PATHETIC as shit now go in Italy to work on your mental, your serve and everything tbh.
doomsday is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2012, 06:43 PM   #798
country flag Craig.
MA5HA

Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute

Silly me for thinking she might actually make it competitive. Silly fucking me.
Craig. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2012, 07:00 PM   #799
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster View Post
Silly me for thinking she might actually make it competitive. Silly fucking me.
With the way she has been serving in Stuttgart I can understand that some Masha fans believed that it would be a battle but God she was so pathetic, I watched the match an hour ago and her serve was nowhere near from what I saw in Stuttgart final the flat one was non existent she went on Serena's FH so many times that Serena wasn't even surprised and could hit those huge returns.
Serve needs to be hit harder than that to compete over Rena but you guys already know that.
doomsday is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2012, 07:39 PM   #800
country flag MashaFan01

MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of

Y'all should stop whining over what Masha could have done to win that match - Geeeezzz - it's all water under the bridge now - Get over it and move on - Dwelling over this loss is unhealthy and doesn't serve any purpose - It's not like Masha is watching us and read all these good advises
MashaFan01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2012, 08:06 PM   #801
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

Maria

Caroline enjoyed the challenge, Maria on the other hand seemed intimidated by Serena

Impressive performance from Serena. She had the better serve and more power than Maria, especially with her forehand. Played really attacking tennis. Very strong first set. And her serve was on fire. Stuttgart being indoors suits Maria a lot more than Madrid. And the talking about "Maria has won French Open already" in GM from some stupid posters has to stop!

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2012, 09:03 PM   #802
country flag swissmr

swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute

Maria had her chances in the second set but didn't take them, I'm not too disappointed. I honestly believe she will beat Serena again, hopefully this year. She definitely has a better chance on the Rome or RG clay.
swissmr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2012, 09:18 PM   #803
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

When did ASELTO become such a c unt. I know Aga fans are naturally insecure but

Last edited by jameshazza : May 11th, 2012 at 09:52 PM.
jameshazza is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2012, 09:29 PM   #804
country flag pedropt

pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute

Group hug, anyone?
Old May 11th, 2012, 09:47 PM   #805
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedropt View Post
Group hug, anyone?
Yea, I posted one a few pages back.
Old May 11th, 2012, 10:29 PM   #806
country flag nelsondan

nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute

She was terrible in the final in australia. She figured out a way to beat that opponent. Against Serena, she actually played a little better the second set. She is capable of figuring things out.
Old May 11th, 2012, 10:35 PM   #807
country flag perseus2006
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute

The losing streak to Vika was bound to end because Pova plays her often. What makes matters worse with The Part Timer is how seldom they play. Pova had opportunities in the second set and she and Hogg can work on making them opportunities TAKEN. But not if they don't play again until 2014!

Serena is the only player that Pova loses to before the match starts. I think Hogg can help her with that.
perseus2006 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2012, 11:49 PM   #808
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

It has been ages (3-4 years) that both Nadal and Djokovic are out of a tournament before SF. Like Nadal and Djokovic, luckily, Maria is out of Madrid and can dedicate herself to Rome and RG.
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2012, 11:59 PM   #809
Cherry.

Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by perseus2006 View Post
The losing streak to Vika was bound to end because Pova plays her often. What makes matters worse with The Part Timer is how seldom they play. Pova had opportunities in the second set and she and Hogg can work on making them opportunities TAKEN. But not if they don't play again until 2014!
Exactly what I was thinking. Her chance to win is much much higher if they could play each other more often.
London Olympics 2012 - Proud Flag Bearer of Russian Federation & Silver Medalist

Martina Hingis|Roger Federer|Stanislas Wawrinka|Grigor Dimitrov
Cherry. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2012, 01:08 AM   #810
country flag perseus2006
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute

A good thing about being out of Madrid is that Pova will not be injured by the odd surface.

The Madrid tournament is a one off oddball surface and there is no real benefit for getting good on it. She is in a bind this year with two Zero tournament already, but next year, she should save room for taking a Zero in Madrid. Especially since the owner has repeatedly expressed his desire to make even more of a clown show out of it.

This guy is a bad matchup for tennis. He isn't interested in tennis, he is interested in stroking his EGO by having a unique and bizare event in his Gotham Stadium. The idea of being a warmup event to RG must turn him blue with envy!

Yeah, I wouldn't be upset if Pova planned a headache for the Madrid tournament, at least next year.
perseus2006 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote