Mutua Madrid Open 2012-Blue clay what?Serena who? Bring on the real clay! - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 30th, 2012, 07:56 PM   #31
country flag zigga

zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of
Re: Mutua Madrid Open 2012

Can't wait to see Maria on blue clay
And I'm pretty positive she will play there and will try her best to win it. Some peolpe also thought she would tank Stuttgart and we all saw how this turned out
So I'm hoping for another great result for Maria, but I realise that conditions in Madrid aren't the best suited for Maria (she's got 1st round there in 2010 and 3rd round last year).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 30th, 2012, 08:04 PM   #32
country flag Kon.

Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute

I really look forward to this tournament now.
I don't think Maria should tank it or something. Even though I don't particularly like it I'd love a deep run here.
Some points would be great to compensate for any points she doesn't defend in Rome. Still Rome's more important.
Good luck Maria
Kon. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30th, 2012, 08:31 PM   #33
country flag Jack89

Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light

Don't really like the Madrid tournament. Think it tries too hard to be relevant, plus it doesn't really play like RG. Much prefer Rome.

That being said, still want her to have a good result here. Draw could be interesting though, what with Serena being #9.
Jack89 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30th, 2012, 08:46 PM   #34
country flag Advantage Me

Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold

Maria plays well when she is more relaxed. There were no expectations or hype from the media. Even the bookies expected Vika to beat her so she proved everyone wrong. It is when the pressure is on her to win that she gets too uptight on court and she makes all those DFs and UEs. Last year, after she won Rome there was so much hype from the media saying she was the favourite to win RG and Wimby. That itself was a lot of pressure going into a tournament. It seemed to me she was really relaxed and happy from the beginning of this tournament in Stuttgart

Last edited by Advantage Me : Apr 30th, 2012 at 08:51 PM.
Advantage Me is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2012, 05:41 AM   #35
faboozadoo15

faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute

It will be interesting to see how she does here. Does the pressure build now that she's a clay favorite? Or does she relax and play just as well, knowing she's already gotten good preparation and snatched some wigs along the way?

This tournament is absolutely abysmal compared to Roma. I hope she gets a cakewalk in Madrid and stays fresh for RG and Roma. A loss here wouldn't disappoint me much.
faboozadoo15 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2012, 08:00 AM   #36
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSV View Post
Maria plays well when she is more relaxed. There were no expectations or hype from the media. Even the bookies expected Vika to beat her so she proved everyone wrong. It is when the pressure is on her to win that she gets too uptight on court and she makes all those DFs and UEs. Last year, after she won Rome there was so much hype from the media saying she was the favourite to win RG and Wimby. That itself was a lot of pressure going into a tournament. It seemed to me she was really relaxed and happy from the beginning of this tournament in Stuttgart
Kinda true but at the same time, Vika was also the overwhelming favorite in IW and that didn't help Maria a bit. There was no pressure at all over there too but she still lost and played a crappy match.
In Stuttgart she was just the better player on the surface, her serve was there and that really helped her to be relaxed and destroy Vika in the final.

Last edited by doomsday : May 1st, 2012 at 08:10 AM.
doomsday is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2012, 01:29 PM   #37
country flag shaktincredible

shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold

she's already won Rome, so i prefer her to win Madrid instead

RG trophyyyy is what matter anyway

SUICIDE title : prague 2009, Moskow 2010, Paris 2011
FITD title : Stuttgart 2012
shaktincredible is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2012, 01:37 PM   #38
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

I'm one of the few people here who think Masha played well at RG up until that SF, barring R2 of course.

And I think she was very relaxed the whole way through the tournament, I think she just loves the challenge of clay w/o thinking too much about the pressure etc. associated with clay-court tournaments.

Plus after all the shitty results and matches she played, I think she's proving something more to herself than the media.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaktincredible View Post
she's already won Rome, so i prefer her to win Madrid instead

RG trophyyyy is what matter anyway
That's the only reason why I'd want her to win Madrid, although simply because Rome plays more like RG it would be more beneficial to win there.
Old May 1st, 2012, 02:39 PM   #39
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Maria may not win Madrid but who is there to beat her? Petra or Serena? Anyone else?
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2012, 06:37 PM   #40
country flag vozas

vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute

Why don't the conditions in Madrid suit here ? She was playing crap last year until Rome changed everything, and in 2010 she had an elbow injury from Indian Wells or something, hence the early exits.

The balls fly with the altitude, which is great for Maria's serve and winners, and they're slowed down once they hit the court, which is also great for her ROS. Only difference from Stuttgart is it's played outdoors...

She "only" played 3 matches in Stuttgart. I don't think she'll tank Rome nor Madrid, even if she wins Madrid, because winning the tournament is the reason why she's flying there.

Plus, I want another re-match with Extremely Injured ASAP
vozas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2012, 07:57 PM   #41
country flag Charlatan
Diabolical

Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute

The only thing that I am slightly worried is how her serve will hold up outdoors, with conditions a bit hampering her serves...hope she can keep it up, though

if she can serve all the way like she did in stuttgart, that'd be
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenus Christ View Post
Wait Kerber's ankle I thought it was her shoulder..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairi View Post
I hope its both.
Charlatan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2012, 07:57 PM   #42
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

LOL I like Extremely Injured better than Fakerenka.

Madrid last year was when Maria started to serve well again so I hope it can improve even more from Stuttgart, however the wind there can be
Old May 1st, 2012, 08:12 PM   #43
country flag vozas

vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute

Well, at least to me, one of the most remarkable improvements in her game that I noticed right away in Australia was her serve. She was just too solid, especially in the Hampton and Kerber matches where it was very windy. The motion she's been using this year has been very, very effective, and close to what it was in 2007/2008. Watching highlights from 2011 matches really allowed me to see how awkward that service motion was last year, what with that wonky halt with the racquet next to her body during the ball toss.
vozas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2012, 08:20 PM   #44
country flag Qetusi

Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by vozas View Post
Why don't the conditions in Madrid suit here ? She was playing crap last year until Rome changed everything, and in 2010 she had an elbow injury from Indian Wells or something, hence the early exits.

The balls fly with the altitude, which is great for Maria's serve and winners, and they're slowed down once they hit the court, which is also great for her ROS. Only difference from Stuttgart is it's played outdoors...

She "only" played 3 matches in Stuttgart. I don't think she'll tank Rome nor Madrid, even if she wins Madrid, because winning the tournament is the reason why she's flying there.

Plus, I want another re-match with Extremely Injured ASAP
Right, + in 2010 she faced Safarova, who was on fire and was playing realy good tennis
in 2011 our '' cow on ice'' was geting better and the same here Cibulkova on clay isn't the last person , after beating Maria she lost to Kvitova in 3 , so played good as well

now Maria is in a different position, she is one of the favorites, plays realy well , so why not
the most important for her is to stay healthy, she has game , ranking, confidence - everything she needs to win

Just do it Masha, DAVAI
Qetusi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2012, 08:47 PM   #45
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qetusi View Post
Right, + in 2010 she faced Safarova, who was on fire and was playing realy good tennis
in 2011 our '' cow on ice'' was geting better and the same here Cibulkova on clay isn't the last person , after beating Maria she lost to Kvitova in 3 , so played good as well

now Maria is in a different position, she is one of the favorites, plays realy well , so why not
the most important for her is to stay healthy, she has game , ranking, confidence - everything she needs to win

Just do it Masha, DAVAI
Yes, if Maria stays healthy, everything else will fall into place beautifully.
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote