Maria Sharapova will win Roland Garros 2012 - Page 11 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old May 1st, 2012, 11:20 PM   #151
country flag Charlatan
Diabolical

Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Maria Sharapova will win Roland Garros 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradbury View Post
Let them have their little celebration . Maria finally won a title and beat Vika; its obviously a HUGE deal for her fan base.
NID you would finally come out of your hole at last to come to this thread...can't wait for your predictions for RG, like how you predicted her to lose at R4 at AO

Old May 2nd, 2012, 12:35 AM   #152
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Let them have their little celebration . Maria finally won a title and beat Vika; its obviously a HUGE deal for her fan base.
Quote:
Originally Posted by young_gunner913 View Post
Revenge for Stanford!!
Didn't take you guys long for the bitterness to start seeping through

Do you really think Maria's fans are happy JUST because she won Stuttgart? The main reasons people are happy is that (a) she smoked the world #1 who had had her number of late, and (b ) she played amazing. But if she'd won the Stuttgart title just by beating Safarova or some other non-contender in the final, we'd've been pleased she broke her finals losing streak, but we wouldn't've been partying anywhere near as hard. No-one is under the impression that a Stuttgart title in itself is a huge achievement, it's more that we hope it's signposting success at bigger tournaments in the weeks to come.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 2nd, 2012, 01:20 AM   #153
country flag Sharapowerr

Sharapowerr is a splendid one to behold Sharapowerr is a splendid one to behold Sharapowerr is a splendid one to behold Sharapowerr is a splendid one to behold Sharapowerr is a splendid one to behold Sharapowerr is a splendid one to behold Sharapowerr is a splendid one to behold Sharapowerr is a splendid one to behold Sharapowerr is a splendid one to behold Sharapowerr is a splendid one to behold Sharapowerr is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
Didn't take you guys long for the bitterness to start seeping through

Do you really think Maria's fans are happy JUST because she won Stuttgart? The main reasons people are happy is that (a) she smoked the world #1 who had had her number of late, and (b ) she played amazing. But if she'd won the Stuttgart title just by beating Safarova or some other non-contender in the final, we'd've been pleased she broke her finals losing streak, but we wouldn't've been partying anywhere near as hard. No-one is under the impression that a Stuttgart title in itself is a huge achievement, it's more that we hope it's signposting success at bigger tournaments in the weeks to come.
No, because Maria's serve is allmost as it was before the injury and Maria beat 3 top 5 players in a row including Vika.
Old May 2nd, 2012, 04:23 AM   #154
country flag stromatolite

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by $uricate View Post
Its worth noting I boldly predicted this before Maria beat Petra and Vika.

Its just a vision that came to me, is all
It's cool, really, and who knows, you may turn out to be right. For the record, based on how well she played against Sam I wasn't surprised that Maria beat Petra and Vika. The next few weeks are going to very interesting for all of us.
stromatolite is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 2nd, 2012, 07:26 AM   #155
country flag Mistress of Evil
mean-spirited, vicious bitch witch

Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Thank you, your Grace! It is so nice & gracious of you to let us - the Americanized Russian peasants of Belorussian descent have our long-awaited moment of joy. I know that we might be too wild & loud in our celebrations considering how humble Martha's achievement is but you must forgive us such moments happen to us once in a blue moon. And in the end of the day we still know our place:

Old May 2nd, 2012, 10:04 AM   #156
country flag vixter

vixter has a reputation beyond repute vixter has a reputation beyond repute vixter has a reputation beyond repute vixter has a reputation beyond repute vixter has a reputation beyond repute vixter has a reputation beyond repute vixter has a reputation beyond repute vixter has a reputation beyond repute vixter has a reputation beyond repute vixter has a reputation beyond repute vixter has a reputation beyond repute

I think Maria has a good chance too. She is one of the favourites.

Maria is about to have a career resurgence, big time! Her game and her serve looked so THERE last week.

Tennis-fan since 2001 Serena-fan since 2001
Don't hate the player hate the game. I dislike noone. Not even Sharapova.
vixter is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 2nd, 2012, 10:15 AM   #157
country flag StoneRose

StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute

~5 serious contenders with roughly equal chances. Maria one of them. Right now i think she has about 20% to win it, we'll know more after Madrid/Rome.
Old May 2nd, 2012, 10:31 AM   #158
country flag Steven.

Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneRose View Post
~5 serious contenders with roughly equal chances. Maria one of them. Right now i think she has about 20% to win it, we'll know more after Madrid/Rome.
at the moment there's 4 people with odds <10 with Vika and Petra clear faves, and Serena and Maria lagging a bit behind. That said, there's still 2 big tournaments to go and that'll make or break things.
Old May 2nd, 2012, 10:41 AM   #159
country flag Comebacksova

Comebacksova has disabled reputation

She's 25 now. Maybe it's her last chance. I don't see her winning at the age of 26-30 years old. She's no Schiavone.
Comebacksova is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 2nd, 2012, 10:45 AM   #160
country flag Steven.

Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT2009 View Post
She's 25 now. Maybe it's her last chance. I don't see her winning at the age of 26-30 years old. She's no Schiavone.
idk it's pretty rare for a proven champions to just fade away like, for example, Amelie did after 2006. Most of them last for their entire career being a factor in slams and tournaments so odds are Maria will still be at least top 10 for a few more years to come bar something drastic.
Old May 2nd, 2012, 10:57 AM   #161
country flag vozas

vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven. View Post
idk it's pretty rare for a proven champions to just fade away like, for example, Amelie did after 2006. Most of them last for their entire career being a factor in slams and tournaments so odds are Maria will still be at least top 10 for a few more years to come bar something drastic.
Maria is an odd case, as she has been improving her fitness as she gets older. She's a much better athlete nowadays than during her prime years. That's the one positive coming from her serve and groundgame deteriorating after the injury; she had to work on everything else.
vozas is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 2nd, 2012, 11:03 AM   #162
country flag Steven.

yeah I gotta say her defense has become impeccable, much better than people give credit for. You can no longer catch her off balance unlike before and she hits amazing shots on the run on all surfaces! Her movement on clay has also improved. No longer does she move with awkward little hops but actually sliding even if they're only small slides.
Old May 2nd, 2012, 11:50 AM   #163
country flag Matt01

Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster View Post
It is

Matt01 is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 2nd, 2012, 11:59 AM   #164
country flag Comebacksova

Comebacksova has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven. View Post
I just don't see her as fit as Schiavone or Na Li to win RG in the last stages of her career. I think she's physically capable of winning by now, not when she turns 26 or older. But no doubt that she's still the contender of any other slams until she retires.
Comebacksova is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 2nd, 2012, 12:04 PM   #165
country flag madmax

madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT2009 View Post
I just don't see her as fit as Schiavone or Na Li to win RG in the last stages of her career. I think she's physically capable of winning by now, not when she turns 26 or older. But no doubt that she's still the contender for every other slams until she retires.
what is the big difference from being 25 and 26 in your opinion?
Maria is also a power player and doesn't need to work for her points by running all day long like grinders have to - this way she saves her joints and avoids leg issues too. So unless she gets another serious injury, I just don't see why she should decline so badly in just 1 year
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp!ffy View Post
Sharapova is so popular her owns fans have haters.
madmax is online now View My Blog!  
Closed Thread