Happy 35th Birthday to Tamarine Tanasugarn - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 24th, 2012, 04:53 PM   #1
country flag the jamierbelyea
I did it for the aesthetics.

the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute
Happy 35th Birthday to Tamarine Tanasugarn

Born May 24, 1977 Tamarine Tanasugarn has been the face of Thai Tennis for 18 years!

Some facts you may not know about Tammy:

Beat Anna Kournikova at the 1995 Junior Wimbledon before losing in the finals.

Carried the Thai flag in the closing ceremonies at the 1996 Atlanta Olympics where she made the Quarterfinals in the doubles competition with Benjamas Sangaram. (Would also make the Doubles QF in 2000 in Sydney losing 7-5 in the third to eventual Silver medalists Booert/Oremans, SO CLOSE to playing for a medal!)

Made her first career final at the age of 19, at the 1996 Pattaya Open. It would take 7 years and 4 more finals losses before she breaks through into the winners circle.

Made a grand slam beak through in 1997, reaching the 3R of Melbourne, Wimbledon, and the US Open.

Played the first ever match on Arthur Ashe Stadium in 1997 defeating Chanda Rubin in straight sets.

Finished 1997 in the worlds top 50.

Made her first grand slam 4R at the 1998 Australian Open, defeating reigning RG winner Iva Majoli.

Had her first of 5 consecutive Wimbledon 4R appearances in 1998. She'd get there again in 2004.

In 2001 Tanasugarn broke into the worlds top 30.

Reached a career high ranking in 2002 at #19.

She finally won her first career title in 2003 in Hyderabad, India defeating Maria Kirilenko, Flavia Pennetta, and then Iroda Tulyaganova in the final.

She contemplated retirement in the 2006 season when her ranking dropped out of the worlds top 100. After qualifying for Wimbledon and reaching the 3R, and making the finals in Bangkok she reconsidered.

2007 was another injury plagued season along with 2005, where ranking again dropped out of the worlds top 100.

Ranked #85 she stunned everyone by qualifying and WINNING in s'Hertogenbosch for her 2nd career title. Defeating the RG runner up Dinara Safina in the final.

She'd carry the great form in Wimbledon in 2008 where for the first time in her career she'd reach a GS QF defeating Jelena Jankovic in the 4R. She'd play Venus Williams tough in the quarters despite losing in straight sets.

In 2009 she repeated her success in s'Hertogenbosch taking out world #1 Dinara Safina enroute to her 2nd straight win.

In 2010 she won her fourth title of her career defeating Marion Bartoli in SF and Date-Krumm in the finals of Osaka.

As a lucky loser she and Marina Erakovic made it all the way to the Wimbledon SF.

Tammy has had a long, long career and I hope somehow she's gets a WC to play in the Olympics at Wimbledon. She's been injured throughout most of this year

4 Singles Titles (11 career finals) 14 ITF titles
7 Doubles Titles (13 career finals) 7 ITF titles

Has made the 4R in every major including the French Open.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDRsOaxWsZI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkaOQEE6IVk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7WL-rAIAwE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxDj-3bml0A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ct_OyxjvtKY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCrv_nQH5RI
the jamierbelyea is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 24th, 2012, 05:01 PM   #2
country flag *Jool*

*Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Happy 35th Birthday to Tamarine Tanasugarn

KATA - AMG -
APS

Serena- Garcia- Hercog- KDK- Daniilidou- Puig- Muguruza...

*Jool* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2012, 05:04 PM   #3
country flag Tenis Srbija

Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute

+ She has the most wins among active players

Instagram
Tenis Srbija is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2012, 05:15 PM   #4
country flag hiraki_schmiraki

hiraki_schmiraki is a glorious beacon of light hiraki_schmiraki is a glorious beacon of light hiraki_schmiraki is a glorious beacon of light hiraki_schmiraki is a glorious beacon of light hiraki_schmiraki is a glorious beacon of light hiraki_schmiraki is a glorious beacon of light hiraki_schmiraki is a glorious beacon of light hiraki_schmiraki is a glorious beacon of light hiraki_schmiraki is a glorious beacon of light hiraki_schmiraki is a glorious beacon of light hiraki_schmiraki is a glorious beacon of light

Very comprehensive. Thank you very much for reminding us what a solid career she's had.
hiraki_schmiraki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2012, 05:30 PM   #5
Trickle
Cetkovstan

Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute

Love Tammy! Such a good representative for the sport. Will always be one of the reasons why I got into tennis. Have a happy birthday sweetheart!
Trickle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2012, 05:37 PM   #6
country flag GoofyDuck

GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute

Tammy

Jelena Jankovic - Vera Zvonareva - Zhang Shuai - Duan Ying-Ying - Venus Williams - Petra Kvitova - Zheng Jie - Li Na - Serena Williams - Peng Shuai - Hsieh Su-Wei
GoofyDuck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2012, 05:40 PM   #7
country flag SVK
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute SVK has a reputation beyond repute

10 years ago she was TOP 20 And she is still playing...Happy Birthday
SVK is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2012, 05:45 PM   #8
country flag Ryan
NeverWoz

Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute

One of the best smiles in the game. I love when she (thought) she beat Hantuchova at the US Open (I believe), celebrating a game early.
Ryan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2012, 05:48 PM   #9
country flag toxina90

toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute

This girl on s'Hertogenbosch grass

I miss the days when people like her came from nowhere to drop seeds like flies and win titles

Zakopalova~Dulko~Paszek~Pironkova~Clijsters~Golovi n~K.Bondarenko~Bouchard~Tsurenko

Schiavone~Li~Petkovic~Perebiynis~Mirza~Morigami~Fe dak~Wickmayer~Peer
toxina90 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2012, 11:07 PM   #10
country flag the jamierbelyea
I did it for the aesthetics.

the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenis Srbija View Post
+ She has the most wins among active players
I forgot to mention she was one of the few active players with over 500 career wins. Venus, Serena & Kim are it I think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
One of the best smiles in the game. I love when she (thought) she beat Hantuchova at the US Open (I believe), celebrating a game early.
I posted a link to the match in the OP, but yeah that was such a crazy moment!
the jamierbelyea is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2012, 11:13 PM   #11
country flag Pebbles

Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute

Happy Birthday Tammy! I hope we see her around for a long time to come.
Old May 24th, 2012, 11:24 PM   #12
country flag Buitenzorg

Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute

Happy Birthday Tammy
Buitenzorg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2012, 11:42 PM   #13
country flag Dexter
Team WTAworld
Polish & Serbian Kingdoms

Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute

Awww, we almost share birthdays. One of these players who is impossible to dislike. All the best, Tammy!
Old May 24th, 2012, 11:53 PM   #14
country flag Lord Choc Ice
Hot Messes Need Love

Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute

Aw, happy b'day .

Maria
Venus
ANA
Petra
Lord Choc Ice is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2012, 12:26 AM   #15
country flag fede33

fede33 has much to be proud of fede33 has much to be proud of fede33 has much to be proud of fede33 has much to be proud of fede33 has much to be proud of fede33 has much to be proud of fede33 has much to be proud of fede33 has much to be proud of fede33 has much to be proud of fede33 has much to be proud of fede33 has much to be proud of

Tammy

Forever: Hingis|Davenport|Henin|Dementieva|Safina
fede33 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote