Glee - Whitney Week = Disaster - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 26th, 2012, 04:50 AM   #1
country flag Moveyourfeet

Moveyourfeet has a brilliant future Moveyourfeet has a brilliant future Moveyourfeet has a brilliant future Moveyourfeet has a brilliant future Moveyourfeet has a brilliant future Moveyourfeet has a brilliant future Moveyourfeet has a brilliant future Moveyourfeet has a brilliant future Moveyourfeet has a brilliant future Moveyourfeet has a brilliant future Moveyourfeet has a brilliant future
Glee - Whitney Week = Disaster

As we all know, this show sucks majorly, but I was interested when I learnt this week's episode would be Whitney-themed.

I had high hopes when Amber Riley started off the first 2 lines of 'How will I know' but then Lea Michele and her sterile voice had to jump in.
It went downhill from there. The cheerleader dancer chick singing 'I wanna dance with somebody' was beyond tragic. She's a great dancer but really?? Who thought it was a great idea for her to sing WHITNEY???? Just, no.

Then wheelchair girl and her anorexic voice dragged 'Saving all my love for you' through the mud. SMH.
The only thing that salvaged 'It's not right but it's ok' was they did the Thunderpuss remix (still needed more bass) and Darren Criss looked extremely sexy in that black suit. There should be a rule that you can't sing that song if you can't/don't sing and sustain the 'you were making a fool of me' line. It's sex with no climax without it, and that's what we got. UGH!

The feminine guy's voice was too weak for 'I have nothing', but I guess it wasn't a total disaster.
'Your love is my love' was ok, because it is not a demanding song, so they could all hack it.

This episode was an awful way to pay tribute to the amazing talent of Whitney.
Moveyourfeet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 26th, 2012, 12:14 PM   #2
country flag Sam L
Sunset, Moonrise, Winter

Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Glee - Whitney Week = Disaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moveyourfeet View Post

As we all know, this show sucks majorly, but I was interested when I learnt this week's episode would be Whitney-themed.

I had high hopes when Amber Riley started off the first 2 lines of 'How will I know' but then Lea Michele and her sterile voice had to jump in.
It went downhill from there. The cheerleader dancer chick singing 'I wanna dance with somebody' was beyond tragic. She's a great dancer but really?? Who thought it was a great idea for her to sing WHITNEY???? Just, no.

Then wheelchair girl and her anorexic voice dragged 'Saving all my love for you' through the mud. SMH.
The only thing that salvaged 'It's not right but it's ok' was they did the Thunderpuss remix (still needed more bass) and Darren Criss looked extremely sexy in that black suit. There should be a rule that you can't sing that song if you can't/don't sing and sustain the 'you were making a fool of me' line. It's sex with no climax without it, and that's what we got. UGH!

The feminine guy's voice was too weak for 'I have nothing', but I guess it wasn't a total disaster.
'Your love is my love' was ok, because it is not a demanding song, so they could all hack it.

This episode was an awful way to pay tribute to the amazing talent of Whitney.
I, too, only liked the part with Amber Riley in front of the lockers. I would've been happy to just see and hear her for the whole song in front of the lockers. But I'm not a fan of this show and whilst I think it was well intentioned and they all gave it their best, it just wasn't great.
Old Apr 26th, 2012, 05:28 PM   #3
country flag Mary Cherry.

Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute

For once, I actually loved the opening. But, as you both said, it was downhill from there.

As much as I like his character, Chris Colfer should be banned from singing anything.
Mary Cherry. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26th, 2012, 08:03 PM   #4
LeRoy.

LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute

"Glee" went down the toilet after season 1 so I am not suprised its total shit these days.
LeRoy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26th, 2012, 08:14 PM   #5
country flag AjdeNate!
I'm so current, I'm tomorrow.

AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute

This show is barely watchable on a good day, but this episode was so beyond horribly atrocious.
AjdeNate! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26th, 2012, 08:53 PM   #6
country flag lefty24

lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute

Well I loved the opening.
I cheerleader duet was cute. I think the fault was more in how they did the song then the actual voices.
Old Apr 27th, 2012, 08:14 PM   #7
country flag Monica_Rules

Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sorry but you are talking total and utter bullshit.

How will I know was a great acapella rendition

Of course its not as good as Whitney she was the grestest voice of the past 50/60 years

And if you hate Glee so much why are you watching?

To coin a phrase Haterz gon' hate

Naomi Broady, Tara Moore, Heather Watson , Laura Robson

Johanna Konta, Eleanor Dean
, Sam Murray
Katy Dunne Katie Boulter
Monica_Rules is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2012, 12:02 AM   #8
country flag Sam L
Sunset, Moonrise, Winter

Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monica_Rules View Post

And if you hate Glee so much why are you watching?
Because it's a Whitney tribute. Duh!
Old Apr 28th, 2012, 02:26 AM   #9
country flag ranfurly

ranfurly has a reputation beyond repute ranfurly has a reputation beyond repute ranfurly has a reputation beyond repute ranfurly has a reputation beyond repute ranfurly has a reputation beyond repute ranfurly has a reputation beyond repute ranfurly has a reputation beyond repute ranfurly has a reputation beyond repute ranfurly has a reputation beyond repute ranfurly has a reputation beyond repute ranfurly has a reputation beyond repute

As long as that silly little toad, stops dry humping over Barbra Streisand, that is all I care for.
ranfurly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2012, 02:27 AM   #10
country flag Sam L
Sunset, Moonrise, Winter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranfurly View Post
As long as that silly little toad, stops dry humping over Barbra Streisand, that is all I care for.
LOL who are you talking about?
Old Apr 28th, 2012, 02:44 AM   #11
country flag Pops Maellard
Hot Messes Need Love

Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute

Glee sucks.

Maria
Venus
ANA
Petra
Pops Maellard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2012, 02:58 AM   #12
country flag Sir Stefwhit

Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute

I thought they did a respectable job. I mean it's not even worth comparing, so my mind didn't even go there. I think it was about honoring her spirit which I think they did rather well. I appreciated the show doing the tribute and applauded everyone's efforts.
The REAL GOAT Rafael Nadal
Future Inductees: Clijsters, C.Evert, A.Agassi, A.Berasategui, N. Zvereva, I.Majoli, M.Safin, Li Na, VIKA, and Del Potro
Sir Stefwhit is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2012, 03:59 AM   #13
country flag ranfurly

ranfurly has a reputation beyond repute ranfurly has a reputation beyond repute ranfurly has a reputation beyond repute ranfurly has a reputation beyond repute ranfurly has a reputation beyond repute ranfurly has a reputation beyond repute ranfurly has a reputation beyond repute ranfurly has a reputation beyond repute ranfurly has a reputation beyond repute ranfurly has a reputation beyond repute ranfurly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam L View Post
LOL who are you talking about?
Lea Michele
ranfurly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2012, 09:56 AM   #14
country flag Monica_Rules

Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam L View Post
Because it's a Whitney tribute. Duh!
If you hate a show why watch it for one week when its about someone in particular? Its not going to suddenly change overnight, why bother?

Naomi Broady, Tara Moore, Heather Watson , Laura Robson

Johanna Konta, Eleanor Dean
, Sam Murray
Katy Dunne Katie Boulter
Monica_Rules is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2012, 10:05 AM   #15
country flag Rerun
procrastination

Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute

point is that no one there is capable to join Whitney in her vocal tones
so they had two chances: do the tribute episode or definitely drop the idea

They chose to make it and probably the only huge mistake was to chose the annoying Rachel in one of the songs
her voice is way far from Whitney's notes

after all we are comparing an immortal diva with an annoying singing machine

and I wanna point out that I'm a fan of the show, it's not a heater whos talking
Rerun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote