Big 12 - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 11:21 PM   #61
country flag Embittered

Embittered has disabled reputation
Re: Big 12

Oh, G_d, do I have to become a Texas fan now: http://www.texassports.com/news/2013...822132442.aspx?
Embittered is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 3rd, 2014, 06:12 PM   #62
country flag Bigmanserve

Bigmanserve is just really nice Bigmanserve is just really nice Bigmanserve is just really nice Bigmanserve is just really nice Bigmanserve is just really nice Bigmanserve is just really nice Bigmanserve is just really nice Bigmanserve is just really nice Bigmanserve is just really nice Bigmanserve is just really nice Bigmanserve is just really nice

Can someone please tell me why Makenzie Craft isn't playing for Baylor? A former blue chip player and texas native. She had a winning record at Ga including a 64 60 win against Baylor's own #2/3 Victoria K, and a win against then Florids's ( now VA's) Danelle Collins. She is a great doubles player and everyone knows Baylor needs good doubles play. Am I missing something? Surely she can play atleast #6. I think Joey just doesn't know how to coach players like Craft. Good aggressive ball strikers. So if you struggle, you're done.
Bigmanserve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3rd, 2014, 06:48 PM   #63
country flag randy72391

randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmanserve View Post
Can someone please tell me why Makenzie Craft isn't playing for Baylor? A former blue chip player and texas native. She had a winning record at Ga including a 64 60 win against Baylor's own #2/3 Victoria K, and a win against then Florids's ( now VA's) Danelle Collins. She is a great doubles player and everyone knows Baylor needs good doubles play. Am I missing something? Surely she can play atleast #6. I think Joey just doesn't know how to coach players like Craft. Good aggressive ball strikers. So if you struggle, you're done.
She hasn't played well at all . I go to baylor. I agree she should be top 6 but she's been shaky since the beginning of the season when put it in the lineup. But I agree she should Atleast be 6th.
Old Mar 3rd, 2014, 07:56 PM   #64
country flag 10sE

10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all

Rumor has it Makenzie Craft is transferring (again)
10sE is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3rd, 2014, 08:04 PM   #65
country flag Bigmanserve

Bigmanserve is just really nice Bigmanserve is just really nice Bigmanserve is just really nice Bigmanserve is just really nice Bigmanserve is just really nice Bigmanserve is just really nice Bigmanserve is just really nice Bigmanserve is just really nice Bigmanserve is just really nice Bigmanserve is just really nice Bigmanserve is just really nice

I can believe that. She transfered to Baylor to be able tp play I assume. Rumor also has it that she isnt the only one. Its a shame, this team can be pretty good and they're young, but I think major changes are on the horizon for next year.
Old Mar 3rd, 2014, 08:49 PM   #66
country flag Bigmanserve

She isn't any more shaky than A. Clay who hasn't played well since she arrived at Baylor and post shoulder surgery, or Meagan who hasn't won a match since she was inserted in the line-up, and by the way had a losing record at #6 2 years ago before she was moved up to # 2 last year still with a losing record before her accident. I just think he needs to give Craft a chance. I have seen her play. she isn't bad. Definitely a better choice at 6 that the players who played #6 the last few matches. Maybe they would have won the match against Vanderbilt or TAMU or both had Craft played that spot instead of Meagan played her first matches of the season against those teams. I like the other girls, but Craft I think is better at #6.

Last edited by Bigmanserve : Mar 3rd, 2014 at 11:57 PM.
Old Mar 3rd, 2014, 10:33 PM   #67
country flag 10sE

10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all

They run a tough program at Baylor and don't put up with much nonsense. The fact that one can't transfer twice without sitting out means he can take transfers and have them on a tight leash. If she's talented and not playing, it's most likely because she is not willing to work as hard as Scrivano wants her to work.
Old Mar 3rd, 2014, 11:42 PM   #68
country flag Bigmanserve

Talking Re: Big 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10sE View Post
They run a tough program at Baylor and don't put up with much nonsense. The fact that one can't transfer twice without sitting out means he can take transfers and have them on a tight leash. If she's talented and not playing, it's most likely because she is not willing to work as hard as Scrivano wants her to work.
Reguardless its pretty stupid to 1) have a talented player and not play her and 2) waste a scholarship ona player and not play her. JS already has a very bad reputation which makes it tough for recruiting top players Hes not doing his reputation any good treating players that way. Word gets around. At he end of the day he will still need to recruit players while Craft moves on. Treating players that way will hurt him in the long run. Who will even transfer there with that treatment. Besides sacrificing the 6 spot is not smart . Especially if its just to make a point and not good for the team. Also if that tight ship is making many of ur players leave the ship needs to loosen up or sink. Jusy saying. And no im not.famly.

Last edited by Bigmanserve : Mar 3rd, 2014 at 11:59 PM.
Old Mar 4th, 2014, 12:05 AM   #69
country flag randy72391

randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I can believe that. She transfered to Baylor to be able tp play I assume. Rumor also has it that she isnt the only one. Its a shame, this team can be pretty good and they're young, but I think major changes are on the horizon for next year.
who else is on the rumor to transfer?
Old Mar 4th, 2014, 05:04 AM   #70
country flag 10sE

Quote:
Reguardless its pretty stupid to 1) have a talented player and not play her and 2) waste a scholarship ona player and not play her. JS already has a very bad reputation which makes it tough for recruiting top players Hes not doing his reputation any good treating players that way. Word gets around. At he end of the day he will still need to recruit players while Craft moves on. Treating players that way will hurt him in the long run. Who will even transfer there with that treatment. Besides sacrificing the 6 spot is not smart . Especially if its just to make a point and not good for the team. Also if that tight ship is making many of ur players leave the ship needs to loosen up or sink. Jusy saying. And no im not.famly.
I agree with most of this. Its no secret the way they do things there and I'm surprised someone would transfer into Baylor unless they wanted that environment.
Old Mar 5th, 2014, 12:28 AM   #71
country flag tucker1989

tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute

Regarding Craft, at a certain point, it's the player, not the program. I know that JS doesn't have the best reputation, but Jeff Wallace at Georgia is one of the most well-respected college coaches around, and she had some snide remarks presumably about Georgia when she first transferred to Baylor. I really believe that after so many years of competing and living pretty much alone in the juniors, some girls just don't respond well to the team environment (ex. Julia Cohen), and switching schools usually doesn't help.
tucker1989 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5th, 2014, 01:49 AM   #72
country flag 10sE

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker1989 View Post
Regarding Craft, at a certain point, it's the player, not the program. I know that JS doesn't have the best reputation, but Jeff Wallace at Georgia is one of the most well-respected college coaches around, and she had some snide remarks presumably about Georgia when she first transferred to Baylor. I really believe that after so many years of competing and living pretty much alone in the juniors, some girls just don't respond well to the team environment (ex. Julia Cohen), and switching schools usually doesn't help.
Amen to that.
Old Mar 5th, 2014, 05:59 AM   #73
country flag Bigmanserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker1989 View Post
I would more inclined to believe that it's the player if it was any other coach. JS reputation precedes himself. And I know there were, and still are issues with the players from last year and new players other than Craft. Not being able to adapt to the " team environment", is a quote JS tend to use often. But it seems like its just to deflect the problems away from himself and his system. Most players have had and are use to a higher level of coaching, so it shouldnt be a surprise when some players question flawed systems and poor coaching. College coaches are not high level coaches by any means. Which is why very few player turn pro out of college. Infact many players get much worse. JS is no different. He never takes any responsibility for his own obvious mistakes or short comings. (Ex. Poor doubles strategies and mistakes in lineups. ) Although he is quick to blame the players. If Craft has an attitude problem, (which I doubt) why did Joey only recognize it after the transfer? Btw, he recruited 2 other transfers who had an even worse reputation for having a bad attitude before Craft. Its the coach's responsibility to recruit players who are good team fit.
Old Mar 5th, 2014, 06:42 AM   #74
country flag 10sE

Lots of flawed logic in that last post. Not all college coaches are equal. Many are bad, but some are very good. Lack of player development has more to do with other factors in most cases, IMO. If great coaching always produced great players it would all be so simple. A skilled builder can no more build a great house with poor material than an idiot with the finest supplies.

Don't know Craft. Do know two very different and if not good then at least very successful coaches didn't want her on their team.
Old Mar 5th, 2014, 08:24 AM   #75
country flag Bigmanserve

Wink Re: Big 12

You calling my logic flawed is of no concern to me. Just because 2 of ur college coaching friends claim they wouldn't put her on their team, doesn't mean a thing. Maybe she never considered their school in the recruitment process. ( get over it) It doesnt make her " poor material". She has had coaches and already a level of development and success. Bottom line, she can play. Most of the college women have some bad attitude and diva in them. Baylor WT definitely has its share. Btw , regardless of what most college coaches will say, tennis is still and always will be an individual sport and the "team environment" is secondary to the individual player performing on the court by themselves with no help from rhe team. ( other than doubles and the cheering) Again, secondary. Will coaches will give a scholarship to a player who has a great team attitude, but can't win matches, or the player with a bad attitude but can win matches. At the end of the day. The coaches will take the best player available.

Craft is a great girl who is young and probably made some mistakes, but who hasn't. She deserves to play. At least she wants to play. But its ok, because maybe can just be patient and wait it out because rumors are saying JS interviewed for the Pepperdine WT job.

Last edited by Bigmanserve : Mar 5th, 2014 at 09:31 AM.