Kim's year-end honours list - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 20th, 2002, 04:40 PM   #1
country flag KaseyL

KaseyL has disabled reputation
Thumbs up Kim's year-end honours list

As we could expect, the nominations for honours are commencing in Belgium.

Kim has been nominated for the Sports Woman of the Year today (she is a permanent value on that list ) She might succeed herself yet once again!

(btw Justine Henin has been nominated again as well)

Sis Elke was nominated in the category Promising Youngster.

I have a feeling that this thread might become a long one.
Note to Lei: keep some evenings free, you might have to collect trophies again!

Kim, Queen of the US Open '05!

"Ships in harbor are safe, but that's not what ships are built for." (J. Shedd)

Last edited by KaseyL : Nov 29th, 2002 at 04:33 PM.
KaseyL is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 20th, 2002, 05:56 PM   #2
country flag Hawk

Hawk has much to be proud of Hawk has much to be proud of Hawk has much to be proud of Hawk has much to be proud of Hawk has much to be proud of Hawk has much to be proud of Hawk has much to be proud of Hawk has much to be proud of Hawk has much to be proud of Hawk has much to be proud of Hawk has much to be proud of
How many people are nominated in the Sports Woman of the Year award?
Hawk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20th, 2002, 07:06 PM   #3
country flag Lleyki

Lleyki is a glorious beacon of light Lleyki is a glorious beacon of light Lleyki is a glorious beacon of light Lleyki is a glorious beacon of light Lleyki is a glorious beacon of light Lleyki is a glorious beacon of light Lleyki is a glorious beacon of light Lleyki is a glorious beacon of light Lleyki is a glorious beacon of light Lleyki is a glorious beacon of light Lleyki is a glorious beacon of light
Go Kim!!! and Elke!!!

Ingrid, where did you find that information?

... And To My FriendS
AxeL - David - Dario - PauL - Martin - Wojtek
Kevin - Felix - Amri - Jordan - Manu - James - Bram - Ellen

Lleyki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20th, 2002, 07:14 PM   #4
country flag Bigkimfan

Bigkimfan has a spectacular aura about Bigkimfan has a spectacular aura about Bigkimfan has a spectacular aura about Bigkimfan has a spectacular aura about Bigkimfan has a spectacular aura about Bigkimfan has a spectacular aura about Bigkimfan has a spectacular aura about Bigkimfan has a spectacular aura about Bigkimfan has a spectacular aura about Bigkimfan has a spectacular aura about Bigkimfan has a spectacular aura about
Come on Kim!!!!!
Bigkimfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20th, 2002, 08:22 PM   #5
country flag Lleykimmy1

Lleykimmy1 is just really nice Lleykimmy1 is just really nice Lleykimmy1 is just really nice Lleykimmy1 is just really nice Lleykimmy1 is just really nice Lleykimmy1 is just really nice Lleykimmy1 is just really nice Lleykimmy1 is just really nice Lleykimmy1 is just really nice Lleykimmy1 is just really nice Lleykimmy1 is just really nice
GO KIM AND ELKE, I HOPE YOU ARE GOING TO WIN !!!
Lleykimmy1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21st, 2002, 05:14 PM   #6
country flag sanstamtam

sanstamtam is on a distinguished road sanstamtam is on a distinguished road sanstamtam is on a distinguished road sanstamtam is on a distinguished road sanstamtam is on a distinguished road sanstamtam is on a distinguished road sanstamtam is on a distinguished road sanstamtam is on a distinguished road sanstamtam is on a distinguished road sanstamtam is on a distinguished road sanstamtam is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Hawk
How many people are nominated in the Sports Woman of the Year award?
There are 10 people who are nominated and Kim is the favourite

Le sens de l'humour est un signe d'intelligence élevée!

Kim for number 1
sanstamtam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22nd, 2002, 12:16 AM   #7
country flag 2284

2284 is just really nice 2284 is just really nice 2284 is just really nice 2284 is just really nice 2284 is just really nice 2284 is just really nice 2284 is just really nice 2284 is just really nice 2284 is just really nice 2284 is just really nice 2284 is just really nice
Kim would deserve it even if LA was the only tournament she had won all year
2284 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22nd, 2002, 08:39 PM   #8
country flag Bigkimfan

Bigkimfan has a spectacular aura about Bigkimfan has a spectacular aura about Bigkimfan has a spectacular aura about Bigkimfan has a spectacular aura about Bigkimfan has a spectacular aura about Bigkimfan has a spectacular aura about Bigkimfan has a spectacular aura about Bigkimfan has a spectacular aura about Bigkimfan has a spectacular aura about Bigkimfan has a spectacular aura about Bigkimfan has a spectacular aura about
Which people are nominated?? I really hope she wins it!!!

Come on Kim!!!
Old Nov 24th, 2002, 11:11 AM   #9
country flag Bigkimfan

I found it!!!!

KIM CLIJSTERS
Kim Gevaert
Justine Henin
Marleen Renders
Muriel Sarkany
Kathleen Smet
Evy Van Damme
Gella Vandecaveye
Liesbet Vindevoghel
Ann Wauters

Come on Kim!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Nov 27th, 2002, 06:17 PM   #10
country flag BelgianGirl

BelgianGirl is just really nice BelgianGirl is just really nice BelgianGirl is just really nice BelgianGirl is just really nice BelgianGirl is just really nice BelgianGirl is just really nice BelgianGirl is just really nice BelgianGirl is just really nice BelgianGirl is just really nice BelgianGirl is just really nice BelgianGirl is just really nice
Last year Justine could have won it too in my opinion, but this year Kim is my clear fave to win it!
Kirsten Flipkens is my fave for most promising youngster! (she is nominated isn't she? I thought I read it somewhere but I'm not sure about it)
BelgianGirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28th, 2002, 08:37 AM   #11
country flag KaseyL

Smile another nomination for Kim

The people who visited Clijsters City last year will remember that Kim won the vote in Knack's (a Flemish leading magazine) and VTM's (a big Flemish TV channel) annual poll 'People of the Year', category 'Sports'.

Big surprise she is nominated again this year!
She has 4 competitors for this title: Stefan Everts, Kim Gevaert, Johan Museeuw and Kathleen Smet.

I have the feeling that 'our' Kim might be the favourite, again.

What all fans have to do is simple: JUST VOTE! You even can win something (citytrips to Paris, movie tickets, MTV CD's,...) , so

to all Kim (C!!! ) fans: do your duty and vote ASAP!

How? 1) if you have a Knack access code: go to Knack's website www.knack.be Click on 'Mensen van het Jaar 2002'.
2) if you're no Knack reader, you should be able to vote through VTM's website. So far I haven't found any info there, think that the info still has to come up there (as it did last year too).

!Votes close on Dec. 2 (midnight local Belgian time).

Last edited by KaseyL : Nov 28th, 2002 at 08:51 AM.
Old Nov 28th, 2002, 09:19 AM   #12
country flag KaseyL

The text that comes along with Kim's presentation as nominee in Knack, is the following:

Source: Knack, Nov. 20, 2002

(translation by Ingrid)

'Doing better than the miracle year of 2001 was difficult. The tennis wonder from Bree finally did manage to do exactly that.
The 19 year old Limburg girl already proves at the Australian Open that she is ready for a new super season. She only meets her superior in Jennifer Capriati at the semis.

Kim is ranked third in March for a while, the highest ranking for a Belgian player ever. But that nasty shoulder had emerged then already. The first sign of physical wear and tear?

The chronical shoulder pain becomes a regular excuse on lesser days. She now early bites the dust in Grand Slams she used to perform at in such a fantastic way during 2001. Roland Garros; third round out against Fernandez. Wimbledon: 2nd round exit through Likhovtseva.

Midway the season: change of coach.The long-time collaboration between Kim and Carl Maes ends even before Wimbledon.
In his place appears Marc Dehous, a coach from the Flemish Tennis federation. The physiotherapist from Ghent, Evelyne Coppens, will from now on travel with Kim.

There is improvement at the US Open. Only a strong Amélie Mauresmo is able to keep Kim from the quarters. But above all: the shoulder is healed!
This brings two victories in October (Filderstadt and Luxembourg). Together with her win earlier in the year in Hamburg, beating Venus Williams in the finals, she brings her result to 9 victories, with still one tournament to play; the Masters, the unofficial world championships.

There she reaches a new height in her still young career. Serena Williams, the current world number one, proves to be unable to counter the power and the precision of "our" Kim.
Clijsters hits herself with 7/5 and 6-3 into Belgian tennis history.

Old Dec 2nd, 2002, 07:27 AM   #13
country flag KaseyL

Thumbs up another nomination for Kim

As to be expected, and just like last year, Kim's name is popping up for the annual nominations and rewards in Belgium

Kim is also nominated for the 'Sport Personality of the Year' in Flanders.

She lost the election last year due to the jury vote that went to IOC president Rogge, although she had won the vote of the public with a great majority of votes.

The first voting round starts right now, so all Flemish Kim fans: do your duty= vote for Kim!

All info on the 'Sport Personality of the Year' on www.radio1.be

Old Dec 2nd, 2002, 09:54 AM   #14
country flag Bigkimfan

How can we vote??

Come on Kim!!!
Old Dec 2nd, 2002, 05:38 PM   #15
country flag Elleke

Elleke is a name known to all Elleke is a name known to all Elleke is a name known to all Elleke is a name known to all Elleke is a name known to all Elleke is a name known to all Elleke is a name known to all Elleke is a name known to all Elleke is a name known to all Elleke is a name known to all Elleke is a name known to all
Quote:
how can we vote?
Hoe kan u stemmen?
U kan op twee manieren stemmen:
1) via telefoon
2) via sms

televoting:
U vormt het nummer 0900/27879
U hoort een stem die u stap per stap begeleidt.

sms-voting:
U tikt op uw GSM volgende boodschap in:
sport
dan laat u één spatie
dan tikt u het cijfer in van de eerste persoon die u wil nomineren
dan laat u één spatie
dan tikt u het cijfer van de tweede persoon die u wil nomineren
dan laat u één spatie
dan tikt u het cijfer van de derde persoon die u wil nomineren
u stuurt die boodschap naar het nummer 3620
Opgelet: per genomineerde moet u 2 karakters intikken, dus diegene die als eerste op de lijst staat krijgt het cijfer 01

U kan de lijst van de genomineerden ook raadplegen in Het Nieuwsblad en op VRT Teletekst pagina 490

Voor de televoting betaalt u 0,45 /minuut, voor het stemmen via sms betaalt u 0,50 /sms.

De personen die stemmen via sms kunnen een MMS-toestel winnen. Proximus schenkt 3 toestellen.
Uit alle sms-stemmers worden 3 personen geloot. De winnaars worden bekendgemaakt in Sportweekend van 22 december 2002.
De winnaars zullen ook hier, op de website van TV1 en op VRT teletekst pagina 490 staan.

Het wedstrijdreglement is op eenvoudige vraag te verkrijgen bij:
VRT
Sportpersoonlijkheid
Kamer 2L73
August Reyerslaan 52
1043 Brussel

Elleke is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote