Random Shots III - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 2nd, 2012, 10:24 PM   #31
country flag flyingmachine

flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Random Shots III

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeDevotee View Post
Amelie commentated in English for the first time today alongside Fabrice and, unfortunately, John Inverdale.

I suppose someone thought she might need backup, but frankly she didn't. John talked during rallies (to be fair, so did Amelie and Fabrice, but not important ones). He even talked during match points! Someone gag him.

The matches were Mathieu/Granollers and Kanepi/Wozniacki. Amelie and Fabrice were fair in their commentary whilst clearly rooting for their compatriot. Incidentally, Granollers has a grunt as loud as any on the women's tour, but did John mention this? No, but Amelie did.

She hopes to do more English commentary later in the tournament.
I do hope so too. but prefer without John Inverdale.

Smells like Kvitova spirit

Allez Forever!

Amelie Mauresmo: Wimbledon Champion 2006
flyingmachine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 2nd, 2012, 11:28 PM   #32
country flag Sapphisto
French Gorgeousness

Sapphisto has a reputation beyond repute Sapphisto has a reputation beyond repute Sapphisto has a reputation beyond repute Sapphisto has a reputation beyond repute Sapphisto has a reputation beyond repute Sapphisto has a reputation beyond repute Sapphisto has a reputation beyond repute Sapphisto has a reputation beyond repute Sapphisto has a reputation beyond repute Sapphisto has a reputation beyond repute Sapphisto has a reputation beyond repute

I am so jealous of everyone in the UK, getting to hear our Bronzed Goddess on ITV.

Enjoy it, people!!

Oh, and... Fran.

VWWD ... © Copyright 2009, Sapph Productions

Amélie Mauresmo, je suis tellement fière de toi.

"It's all about the light...."
Sapphisto is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3rd, 2012, 07:11 PM   #33
country flag Gerri

Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphisto View Post
I am so jealous of everyone in the UK, getting to hear our Bronzed Goddess on ITV.

Enjoy it, people!!

Oh, and... Fran.
Aww Oh, and we are enjoying it

Seriously though she's great. I may be slightly biased but she far better than a lot of BBC/Eurosport pundits and commentators. And she's got a great tan

Sorry but not surprised that Sveta lost today. Pretty ugly win for Sam too but that's better than losing beautifully. Please be better in the quarters
Old Jun 4th, 2012, 12:19 AM   #34
country flag AmeDevotee

AmeDevotee has a reputation beyond repute AmeDevotee has a reputation beyond repute AmeDevotee has a reputation beyond repute AmeDevotee has a reputation beyond repute AmeDevotee has a reputation beyond repute AmeDevotee has a reputation beyond repute AmeDevotee has a reputation beyond repute AmeDevotee has a reputation beyond repute AmeDevotee has a reputation beyond repute AmeDevotee has a reputation beyond repute AmeDevotee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerri View Post
Aww Oh, and we are enjoying it

Seriously though she's great. I may be slightly biased but she far better than a lot of BBC/Eurosport pundits and commentators. And she's got a great tan

Sorry but not surprised that Sveta lost today. Pretty ugly win for Sam too but that's better than losing beautifully. Please be better in the quarters
She was on again tonight. She attributed Vika's loss to physical and mental tiredness, but also credited Cibulkova. When John questioned how a 5ft 2 player could beat big hitters, Amelie said she has a big heart, as well as being talented. Classy as usual.

Au Revoir

"Form is temporary; class is permanent."
AmeDevotee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4th, 2012, 04:14 PM   #35
country flag Gerri

Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute

Amelie commentated on Masha's shitfest of a match today The match was pretty bad but her commentary with Sam Smith was pretty good. She talks a lot though! Not that I'm complaining, I thought they were a good pairing, quite funny too.

at Slava beating Li Na. Masha and Sam please get your acts together for the next rounds. I don't want to jinx them by saying I want that final but...............
Old Jun 4th, 2012, 07:57 PM   #36
country flag AmeDevotee

AmeDevotee has a reputation beyond repute AmeDevotee has a reputation beyond repute AmeDevotee has a reputation beyond repute AmeDevotee has a reputation beyond repute AmeDevotee has a reputation beyond repute AmeDevotee has a reputation beyond repute AmeDevotee has a reputation beyond repute AmeDevotee has a reputation beyond repute AmeDevotee has a reputation beyond repute AmeDevotee has a reputation beyond repute AmeDevotee has a reputation beyond repute

Only a few posts so far, but they're all nice ones.

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=460950

Au Revoir

Old Jun 4th, 2012, 08:03 PM   #37
country flag AmeDevotee

Quote:
Amelie commentated on Masha's shitfest of a match today The match was pretty bad but her commentary with Sam Smith was pretty good. She talks a lot though! Not that I'm complaining, I thought they were a good pairing, quite funny too.

at Slava beating Li Na. Masha and Sam please get your acts together for the next rounds. I don't want to jinx them by saying I want that final but...............
Sam was clearly slightly in awe of her, but did well. Amelie does talk a bit more than I'm used to, but maybe that's the French commentary style?

Anyway, I'm not complaining either. She knows what she's talking about and does so with that lovely accent.

In response to a comment from John about Maria not looking as though she enjoys playing, Amelie contended that she enjoys winning. The other thing I remember is the roundup of results - she said Shvedova's a nice friendly person and an asset to the tour.

Au Revoir

Old Jun 4th, 2012, 10:50 PM   #38
country flag Gerri

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeDevotee View Post
Sam was clearly slightly in awe of her, but did well. Amelie does talk a bit more than I'm used to, but maybe that's the French commentary style?

Anyway, I'm not complaining either. She knows what she's talking about and does so with that lovely accent.

In response to a comment from John about Maria not looking as though she enjoys playing, Amelie contended that she enjoys winning. The other thing I remember is the roundup of results - she said Shvedova's a nice friendly person and an asset to the tour.
I actually liked the fact that she talked all through the match. The tennis was pretty crap so it gave me something else to focus on.

I missed a bit of the roundup tonight as I was flicking between that and the Jubilee concert (which was great incidentally, especially Kylie ) John mentioned Maria's lack of obvious enjoyment 2 or 3 times, I don't know what he expects, she's not a comedian I'm glad Amelie disagreed with him.

Good to see all the nice comments in the GM thread too
Old Jun 5th, 2012, 10:22 AM   #39
country flag flyingmachine

flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I watched that match as well. I match was crap but the commentary was great it seems Sam and Amelie are a great team. I love the fact she talks a lot especially in a crap match like that. Anyway, I would love Sam team up with Amelie again.

Smells like Kvitova spirit

Allez Forever!

Amelie Mauresmo: Wimbledon Champion 2006
flyingmachine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2012, 03:45 PM   #40
country flag Gerri

Good to hear the dynamic duo again today for the Sam/Domi match They are a really good pairing. Sam played pretty well too especially in the second set when her forehand got going Oh and Sam Smith really loves to talk about Sam's biceps a lot
Old Jun 7th, 2012, 09:13 PM   #41
country flag Gerri

Quote:

It seems I did jinx it. Sorry Sam It was sad watching her hit so many UEs especially after a pretty good quarter final. OTOH it means I won't be torn in the final. I may be alone here but I'm so pleased for Maria. I really admire the way she's come back after her injury
Old Jun 7th, 2012, 11:05 PM   #42
country flag Sapphisto
French Gorgeousness

Sapphisto has a reputation beyond repute Sapphisto has a reputation beyond repute Sapphisto has a reputation beyond repute Sapphisto has a reputation beyond repute Sapphisto has a reputation beyond repute Sapphisto has a reputation beyond repute Sapphisto has a reputation beyond repute Sapphisto has a reputation beyond repute Sapphisto has a reputation beyond repute Sapphisto has a reputation beyond repute Sapphisto has a reputation beyond repute

What is it with Sam, feisty, pint-sized Italians, and Roland Garros?! Ohh, Sammy. Hang in there, get yer head on straight, and come back next year - it's not like you haven't proved you're a serious contender on the dirt.

On the other hand, I'm not entirely surprised to see Errani in the Final. No, really. She and Roberta Vinci both took Fran's glory to heart and went on a tear the past year or so - way beyond any reasonable expectations given their previous form. This year so far, Sara Errani has surged ahead of her dubs partner in singles performance, she's shown no fear that I've seen, and she's especially at home on the red stuff. So no, I'm not entirely surprised. And although I agree with Gerri that Maria's recovery and resurgence are great to see - it's never good to see someone's career derailed by injury - I'm afraid I won't be torn in the final, either. I'll be rooting for another small Italian woman with a big heart - all the way, baby.

VWWD ... © Copyright 2009, Sapph Productions

Amélie Mauresmo, je suis tellement fière de toi.

"It's all about the light...."
Sapphisto is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2012, 07:16 PM   #43
country flag Gerri

I'm so happy for Maria I was a bit worried after the first 4 games that it was going to be a Graf/Zvereva debacle but Sara put up a good fight and the score really didn't do her justice. I think she's made a lot of fans this week.

My sister actually cried when Maria won and I had something in my eye I'm a hard-arse usually as well My summer of sport has just kicked off and I'm already a nervous wreck. It's going to be a nightmare with the Olympics right on my doorstep too I can't wait
Old Jun 9th, 2012, 07:46 PM   #44
country flag timafi

timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm so happy for Maria I was a bit worried after the first 4 games that it was going to be a Graf/Zvereva debacle but Sara put up a good fight and the score really didn't do her justice. I think she's made a lot of fans this week.

My sister actually cried when Maria won and I had something in my eye I'm a hard-arse usually as well My summer of sport has just kicked off and I'm already a nervous wreck. It's going to be a nightmare with the Olympics right on my doorstep too I can't wait
I felt something my eye as well I appreciate the determination,self belief and hard work of Maria

Sara

as for the Olympics,everything will be fine,hang in there

Sui have a seat kid
timafi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12th, 2012, 04:49 PM   #45
country flag Angelle1986

Angelle1986 is a glorious beacon of light Angelle1986 is a glorious beacon of light Angelle1986 is a glorious beacon of light Angelle1986 is a glorious beacon of light Angelle1986 is a glorious beacon of light Angelle1986 is a glorious beacon of light Angelle1986 is a glorious beacon of light Angelle1986 is a glorious beacon of light Angelle1986 is a glorious beacon of light Angelle1986 is a glorious beacon of light Angelle1986 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphisto View Post
What is it with Sam, feisty, pint-sized Italians, and Roland Garros?! Ohh, Sammy. Hang in there, get yer head on straight, and come back next year - it's not like you haven't proved you're a serious contender on the dirt.

On the other hand, I'm not entirely surprised to see Errani in the Final. No, really. She and Roberta Vinci both took Fran's glory to heart and went on a tear the past year or so - way beyond any reasonable expectations given their previous form. This year so far, Sara Errani has surged ahead of her dubs partner in singles performance, she's shown no fear that I've seen, and she's especially at home on the red stuff. So no, I'm not entirely surprised. And although I agree with Gerri that Maria's recovery and resurgence are great to see - it's never good to see someone's career derailed by injury - I'm afraid I won't be torn in the final, either. I'll be rooting for another small Italian woman with a big heart - all the way, baby.

I absolutely loved what you said above and I totally agree. I dont know why but even though I didnt know Sara Errani before Roland Garros I still had a good feeling that she would reach the final. Even though she's a half-pint, she puts her whole heart and soul into it and definitely gained my heart Even if she didn't win she brought to me such joy to watch her and she reached so high up in the tournament for someone I didnt know at the beginning but I believe it made so many people believe in her for the future! I am a definite fan of this one

(Plus she is super awesome in looks, performance, heart, soul and character)....now i'll go and melt somewhere....
Angelle1986 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote