Random Shots III - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 16th, 2012, 11:33 PM   #16
country flag Linnie
drinking

Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Random Shots III

I have tickets for the Eastbourne semis, but so far Vika hasn't entered But, as it'll be only my second day in the UK, I'll be there for the sea air as well

Linnie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 19th, 2012, 12:14 AM   #17
country flag AmeDevotee

AmeDevotee has a reputation beyond repute AmeDevotee has a reputation beyond repute AmeDevotee has a reputation beyond repute AmeDevotee has a reputation beyond repute AmeDevotee has a reputation beyond repute AmeDevotee has a reputation beyond repute AmeDevotee has a reputation beyond repute AmeDevotee has a reputation beyond repute AmeDevotee has a reputation beyond repute AmeDevotee has a reputation beyond repute AmeDevotee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerri View Post
I know - and it's not as though the RG crowd was always nice to Amelie anyway I'm sure GM wasn't quite such a moron magnet back in the day as it is now. I shouldn't waste my time there but i can't help myself

I'm pretty neutral about Vika on the whole but obviously I hope she does well now. And that she comes to Eastbourne and brings Amelie with her Not for any selfish reason at all, I just think it's a good idea to have a warmup event before Wimbledon. And the OG. And get some sea air.
I think at least half of those who post there are still in their teens. Not that that excuses the other half.

Au Revoir

"Form is temporary; class is permanent."
AmeDevotee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2012, 07:20 PM   #18
country flag AmeDevotee

AmeDevotee has a reputation beyond repute AmeDevotee has a reputation beyond repute AmeDevotee has a reputation beyond repute AmeDevotee has a reputation beyond repute AmeDevotee has a reputation beyond repute AmeDevotee has a reputation beyond repute AmeDevotee has a reputation beyond repute AmeDevotee has a reputation beyond repute AmeDevotee has a reputation beyond repute AmeDevotee has a reputation beyond repute AmeDevotee has a reputation beyond repute

Just watched Amelie on ITV's highlights programme with Jim Courier and John Inverdale. She had a lot to say and was clearly occasionally frustrated at having to pause and search for the word in English. She looked great, of course.

They showed an interview with Vika, who said Amelie brings her a lot of "positive energy". They talk about all kinds of things, tennis-related and otherwise. It's helpful because Amelie's been through the same experiences as she has. She's also hoping to develop a slice like Amelie's.

Au Revoir

Old May 27th, 2012, 10:52 PM   #19
country flag Gerri

Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeDevotee View Post
Just watched Amelie on ITV's highlights programme with Jim Courier and John Inverdale. She had a lot to say and was clearly occasionally frustrated at having to pause and search for the word in English. She looked great, of course.

They showed an interview with Vika, who said Amelie brings her a lot of "positive energy". They talk about all kinds of things, tennis-related and otherwise. It's helpful because Amelie's been through the same experiences as she has. She's also hoping to develop a slice like Amelie's.
I think she was just frustrated being stuck with John Inverdale Hope to see and hear a lot more from her and that she commentates too. She was indeed looking fab

Pleased Sammy got through easily I felt bad for Bally though, that was a pretty tough draw.
Old May 28th, 2012, 10:29 AM   #20
country flag sunsets21

sunsets21 has disabled reputation

Amelie is looking extremely charming, as usual, while watching Azarenka's match . I'm sort of hoping Azarenka wins just so there would be more Amelie.
Old May 28th, 2012, 02:35 PM   #21
country flag Gerri

Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsets21 View Post
Amelie is looking extremely charming, as usual, while watching Azarenka's match . I'm sort of hoping Azarenka wins just so there would be more Amelie.
You're not alone there I've started to quite like Vika actually and she did show the odd nice touch at the net today. I really hope Amelie has a good influence on her, I miss players with variety in their game.
Old May 28th, 2012, 07:39 PM   #22
country flag AmeDevotee

Quote:
I think she was just frustrated being stuck with John Inverdale Hope to see and hear a lot more from her and that she commentates too. She was indeed looking fab

Pleased Sammy got through easily I felt bad for Bally though, that was a pretty tough draw.
Quite possibly - the man's a chauvinistic boor. She chipped in with "2007" when he couldn't remember which year Marion made the Wimby final.

She was on again today, along with Fabrice (whose caption said he defeated a record 18 #1s - wow).

She discussed Vika's match and admitted she thought it was all over at 7-6 4-0 down. She thinks it was partly Brianti choking and partly Vika digging deep. She said every slam is different - at Aussie 06 she started slowly, but at Wimby 06 she was on fire from the start.

Serena and Maria were briefly discussed - Amelie agreed that what distinguishes the champions is their work ethic and said Serena was the greatest opponent she faced in her career. She jokingly gestured to herself and Fabrice as proof of what happens when you stop working hard.

Au Revoir

Old May 28th, 2012, 09:18 PM   #23
country flag Gerri

I missed the bit where Amelie was talking about Vika. I wanted her to win today but part of me is hoping she'll lose early and request a wildcard for Eastbourne. I'm so self-centred

at John saying how the french players must have a great advantage playing in Paris. Doesn't he remember Jana Kandarr?
Old May 28th, 2012, 10:47 PM   #24
country flag Linnie
drinking

Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I missed the bit where Amelie was talking about Vika. I wanted her to win today but part of me is hoping she'll lose early and request a wildcard for Eastbourne. I'm so self-centred

at John saying how the french players must have a great advantage playing in Paris. Doesn't he remember Jana Kandarr?
OMG, that was racing through my mind when Vika was down a set and 0-4

I hope Vika does well here, but also hoping for that wildcard for Eastbourne

Old May 29th, 2012, 06:55 PM   #25
country flag marilyne

marilyne has much to be proud of marilyne has much to be proud of marilyne has much to be proud of marilyne has much to be proud of marilyne has much to be proud of marilyne has much to be proud of marilyne has much to be proud of marilyne has much to be proud of marilyne has much to be proud of marilyne has much to be proud of marilyne has much to be proud of

Amélie might be retired, but we now have Virginie to play with our nerves!!!

Allez Virginie!!
Old May 29th, 2012, 09:06 PM   #26
country flag Gerri

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyne View Post
Amélie might be retired, but we now have Virginie to play with our nerves!!!

Allez Virginie!!
I know! That was a match and a half, such drama. I can't believe Serena's out in the first round

Amelie was so cute in the studio tonight I was very impressed with her simultaneous translation of Virginie's interview. She even manages to make John Inverdale bearable
Old May 29th, 2012, 10:03 PM   #27
country flag AmeDevotee

Quote:
I know! That was a match and a half, such drama. I can't believe Serena's out in the first round

Amelie was so cute in the studio tonight I was very impressed with her simultaneous translation of Virginie's interview. She even manages to make John Inverdale bearable
She really was. That white shirt against her tanned skin was beautiful.

It was lovely to see how pleased she was for Virginie. They even showed her reactions on some of the missed match points.

Au Revoir

Old May 30th, 2012, 12:25 AM   #28
country flag Linnie
drinking

Virginie!

Pure, pure emotion :

Last edited by Linnie : May 30th, 2012 at 12:35 AM.
Old Jun 2nd, 2012, 09:00 PM   #29
country flag AmeDevotee

Amelie commentated in English for the first time today alongside Fabrice and, unfortunately, John Inverdale.

I suppose someone thought she might need backup, but frankly she didn't. John talked during rallies (to be fair, so did Amelie and Fabrice, but not important ones). He even talked during match points! Someone gag him.

The matches were Mathieu/Granollers and Kanepi/Wozniacki. Amelie and Fabrice were fair in their commentary whilst clearly rooting for their compatriot. Incidentally, Granollers has a grunt as loud as any on the women's tour, but did John mention this? No, but Amelie did.

She hopes to do more English commentary later in the tournament.

Au Revoir

Old Jun 2nd, 2012, 10:08 PM   #30
country flag Gerri

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeDevotee View Post
Amelie commentated in English for the first time today alongside Fabrice and, unfortunately, John Inverdale.

I suppose someone thought she might need backup, but frankly she didn't. John talked during rallies (to be fair, so did Amelie and Fabrice, but not important ones). He even talked during match points! Someone gag him.

The matches were Mathieu/Granollers and Kanepi/Wozniacki. Amelie and Fabrice were fair in their commentary whilst clearly rooting for their compatriot. Incidentally, Granollers has a grunt as loud as any on the women's tour, but did John mention this? No, but Amelie did.

She hopes to do more English commentary later in the tournament.
Yay I hope so! Her commentary was better than most of the English speaking lot on the BBC. Not that is saying much. Glad she mentioned the god awful noise some of the men make, but not surprised John and Fabrice chose to ignore it Granollers sounded like he was severely constipated.

Sorry to see Fran lose today, pleased Sveta seems to be getting her act together and that Masha and Sam are looking good. Keep it going girls