Random Shots III - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 21st, 2012, 07:59 PM   #1
country flag Sapphisto
French Gorgeousness

Sapphisto has a reputation beyond repute Sapphisto has a reputation beyond repute Sapphisto has a reputation beyond repute Sapphisto has a reputation beyond repute Sapphisto has a reputation beyond repute Sapphisto has a reputation beyond repute Sapphisto has a reputation beyond repute Sapphisto has a reputation beyond repute Sapphisto has a reputation beyond repute Sapphisto has a reputation beyond repute Sapphisto has a reputation beyond repute
Random Shots III

Hey y'all, I thought we could leave "Random Shots II" as the unofficial (official?) "chat" thread, and make one for Random Shots (stuff not necessarily directly/immediately related to Amélie, but more or less tennis related).

I saw Marilyne's lonely post about FedCup this weekend, so here ya go - ALLEZ LES BLEUES!!!

Let's hear it for Virginie (so great to see her playing FC, poor love) and Pauline! Yowza!! They even got a Twitter cheer from Julien Benneteau (speaking of poor loves - not only a sprained ankle, but a fractured elbow?! and he was playing so damn well the other day, too):

julien benneteau @julienbenneteauBravo les filles #fedcup 2 0 france plus qu'un point..
Retweeted by @AmeMauresmo

VWWD ... © Copyright 2009, Sapph Productions

Amélie Mauresmo, je suis tellement fière de toi.

"It's all about the light...."
Sapphisto is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 22nd, 2012, 01:12 AM   #2
country flag AmeDevotee

AmeDevotee has a reputation beyond repute AmeDevotee has a reputation beyond repute AmeDevotee has a reputation beyond repute AmeDevotee has a reputation beyond repute AmeDevotee has a reputation beyond repute AmeDevotee has a reputation beyond repute AmeDevotee has a reputation beyond repute AmeDevotee has a reputation beyond repute AmeDevotee has a reputation beyond repute AmeDevotee has a reputation beyond repute AmeDevotee has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Random Shots III

Glad to hear the French ladies are doing well; I hope they keep it up.

Au Revoir

"Form is temporary; class is permanent."
AmeDevotee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22nd, 2012, 01:11 PM   #3
country flag marilyne

marilyne has much to be proud of marilyne has much to be proud of marilyne has much to be proud of marilyne has much to be proud of marilyne has much to be proud of marilyne has much to be proud of marilyne has much to be proud of marilyne has much to be proud of marilyne has much to be proud of marilyne has much to be proud of marilyne has much to be proud of

It was tough, but I'm glad the frenchies did it!!!
Specially for Virginie. I know there's the whole talk about Amélie coaching the guys, but I'd rather like to see her be captain with the girls.
Old Apr 22nd, 2012, 07:47 PM   #4
country flag Sapphisto
French Gorgeousness

Sapphisto has a reputation beyond repute Sapphisto has a reputation beyond repute Sapphisto has a reputation beyond repute Sapphisto has a reputation beyond repute Sapphisto has a reputation beyond repute Sapphisto has a reputation beyond repute Sapphisto has a reputation beyond repute Sapphisto has a reputation beyond repute Sapphisto has a reputation beyond repute Sapphisto has a reputation beyond repute Sapphisto has a reputation beyond repute

Brava les Bleues!! I didn't expect them to sweep it, but that's great to see - so happy for Pauline, who could use that kind of confidence boost.

Now I have just one question: if you have a dead rubber in singles, why would you send in a low-ranking player at the end of her career, instead of giving experience to the promising youngster who'll (fingers crossed) be around for the next decade?! Yes, it went in France's favour, but I gotta question that decision. Bloody stupid if you ask me. At least the kid got to play doubles.

Anyway - ALLEZ!!

Old Apr 23rd, 2012, 09:47 PM   #5
country flag AmeDevotee

AmeDevotee has a reputation beyond repute AmeDevotee has a reputation beyond repute AmeDevotee has a reputation beyond repute AmeDevotee has a reputation beyond repute AmeDevotee has a reputation beyond repute AmeDevotee has a reputation beyond repute AmeDevotee has a reputation beyond repute AmeDevotee has a reputation beyond repute AmeDevotee has a reputation beyond repute AmeDevotee has a reputation beyond repute AmeDevotee has a reputation beyond repute

Well done to France.

Au Revoir

Old Apr 24th, 2012, 05:51 PM   #6
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute

But wasn't that because it was more than 10 years ago or something like that since she was selected for Fed Cup?

Andrea Petkovic - Sara Errani - Jarka Gajdosova - Alizé Cornet
Dorien. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2012, 10:57 PM   #7
country flag Sapphisto
French Gorgeousness

So, it's official: I hate the Smurf clay. Get over it, people, not all change is good. If it played exactly the same as the red stuff and wasn't an injury liability, I'd have no problem with it. (I'd still prefer the red stuff just cos I'm a traditionalist, but I wouldn't make a fuss about it.)

Right now, I'm in the strange position of agreeing with the Djoker: I'm just hoping with all my heart that there aren't any injuries from this crap. Having watched Fed slip and slide his way through his first two matches, I'm scared.

Old May 12th, 2012, 06:49 AM   #8
country flag Sapphisto
French Gorgeousness

OK, here's another one for you:

Is it still considered an upset when two of the greatest clay court players in the world both exit early from a tournament they have loudly criticized for introducing a new surface (which they didn't like - and didn't like it LOUDLY), and both are beaten in straight sets by players who are their good friends / countrymen (and who would never normally beat them)?

Just asking.

Having said that, I'm still crossing fingers, toes and eyebrows, hoping that Roger gets through without any injuries from this damn Smurf stuff. And everyone else, too. But mostly Roger.

Old May 13th, 2012, 04:58 PM   #9
country flag Gerri

Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphisto View Post
So, it's official: I hate the Smurf clay. Get over it, people, not all change is good. If it played exactly the same as the red stuff and wasn't an injury liability, I'd have no problem with it. (I'd still prefer the red stuff just cos I'm a traditionalist, but I wouldn't make a fuss about it.)

Right now, I'm in the strange position of agreeing with the Djoker: I'm just hoping with all my heart that there aren't any injuries from this crap. Having watched Fed slip and slide his way through his first two matches, I'm scared.
I know, it's awful. I don't know how the hell anyone thought it was a good idea I spent the week willing Sam to lose At least they all seem to have come through relatively unscathed. I never thought I'd look forward to the 'real' clay season so much. Bring on Rome............

On a different note, I'm really pissed off so many of my girls are playing in Rosmalen and not Eastbourne this year

Please sign the WDCS anti-whaling petitions
http://www.stopbloodywhaling.org/sto....php?select=15
Gerri is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2012, 06:00 PM   #10
country flag AmeDevotee

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=459242

People reading this thread who'd never heard of Amelie would assume she barely scraped the top 10 during her career. Ignorant ****holes.

Sorry if this is the wrong thread, Sapph - since it's about how Amelie can help Vika I posted it here.

Au Revoir

Old May 14th, 2012, 11:24 PM   #11
country flag Linnie
drinking

Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeDevotee View Post

People reading this thread who'd never heard of Amelie would assume she barely scraped the top 10 during her career. Ignorant ****holes.

Sorry if this is the wrong thread, Sapph - since it's about how Amelie can help Vika I posted it here.
No, I'm glad you posted it. Yes, there are certain posters who always show up (and spew their hatred) whenever Amélie's name is mentioned

I don't post a lot here, but I do read a lot

Linnie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2012, 07:10 AM   #12
country flag Sapphisto
French Gorgeousness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerri View Post
I know, it's awful. I don't know how the hell anyone thought it was a good idea I spent the week willing Sam to lose At least they all seem to have come through relatively unscathed. I never thought I'd look forward to the 'real' clay season so much. Bring on Rome............

On a different note, I'm really pissed off so many of my girls are playing in Rosmalen and not Eastbourne this year
Well, Sam certainly seemed happy to be in Rome - did you see the pic on her FB page of her giving two thumbs up to the "real clay" court in Rome?

And yeah, I'm very, very glad everyone made it through without serious injury. What a shambles!

Quote:

No, not at all, Devotee! I got steamed, too... bunch of a-holes. And I think they're all missing the point - it's all about the grass, not the clay. I'm betting Vika's just flitting through clay court season with no particular expectations while working on stuff for Wimbledon and the Olympics. And who better to have in her box for that? Also, get a clue (to those idiots): if you're going to make significant changes, it takes more than a couple of weeks to do it, and there will be uneven results during the transition. Duh.

Having said that...I firmly believe that SW's success has less to do with her tennis / athletic ability than with her undoubted talent for intimidation and self-belief. (Not that I'm saying she doesn't have the first two - clearly she does - but others have been far more talented in those areas. No-one has ever come close with the third one. ) I'd love to see someone, some day, just blow her off and spank her around the court. Sadly, I don't think it'll ever happen - or at least, not by someone we'd all want to cheer for (given what sort of personality it would take...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linnie View Post
No, I'm glad you posted it. Yes, there are certain posters who always show up (and spew their hatred) whenever Amélie's name is mentioned

Hey, Linnie! Nice to see you on the board again. You going over to Eastbourne again this year?

And you're so right - there is a never-ending supply of Hatorade out there. Thank goodness for MomoSapiens! to all of you.

Old May 16th, 2012, 01:02 AM   #13
country flag AmeDevotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linnie View Post

Nice to hear from you, Linnie.

I don't always log in, but I still check this site a lot.

Au Revoir

Old May 16th, 2012, 01:10 AM   #14
country flag AmeDevotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphisto View Post
Well, Sam certainly seemed happy to be in Rome - did you see the pic on her FB page of her giving two thumbs up to the "real clay" court in Rome?

And yeah, I'm very, very glad everyone made it through without serious injury. What a shambles!

No, not at all, Devotee! I got steamed, too... bunch of a-holes. And I think they're all missing the point - it's all about the grass, not the clay. I'm betting Vika's just flitting through clay court season with no particular expectations while working on stuff for Wimbledon and the Olympics. And who better to have in her box for that? Also, get a clue (to those idiots): if you're going to make significant changes, it takes more than a couple of weeks to do it, and there will be uneven results during the transition. Duh.

Having said that...I firmly believe that SW's success has less to do with her tennis / athletic ability than with her undoubted talent for intimidation and self-belief. (Not that I'm saying she doesn't have the first two - clearly she does - but others have been far more talented in those areas. No-one has ever come close with the third one. ) I'd love to see someone, some day, just blow her off and spank her around the court. Sadly, I don't think it'll ever happen - or at least, not by someone we'd all want to cheer for (given what sort of personality it would take...)

Hey, Linnie! Nice to see you on the board again. You going over to Eastbourne again this year?

And you're so right - there is a never-ending supply of Hatorade out there. Thank goodness for MomoSapiens! to all of you.
The most ridiculous theory I've read is that Vika enlisted Amelie so the RG crowd would be nice to her. Yeah, right. Because world #1s are usually intimidated by crowds.

As you say, who better to enlist for Wimbledon and the Olympics, which of course will also be on grass.

Au Revoir

Old May 16th, 2012, 09:57 PM   #15
country flag Gerri

Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The most ridiculous theory I've read is that Vika enlisted Amelie so the RG crowd would be nice to her. Yeah, right. Because world #1s are usually intimidated by crowds.

As you say, who better to enlist for Wimbledon and the Olympics, which of course will also be on grass.
I know - and it's not as though the RG crowd was always nice to Amelie anyway I'm sure GM wasn't quite such a moron magnet back in the day as it is now. I shouldn't waste my time there but i can't help myself

I'm pretty neutral about Vika on the whole but obviously I hope she does well now. And that she comes to Eastbourne and brings Amelie with her Not for any selfish reason at all, I just think it's a good idea to have a warmup event before Wimbledon. And the OG. And get some sea air.

Please sign the WDCS anti-whaling petitions
http://www.stopbloodywhaling.org/sto....php?select=15
Gerri is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote