Clay season 2012 - Anna sliding back into our hearts and up the rankings! - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 21st, 2012, 05:29 PM   #1
country flag sammy01

sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute
Clay season 2012 - Anna sliding back into our hearts and up the rankings!

Ok i have made the thread for the clay season 2012.

1st stop stuttgart qualies.

QR1 - chakvetadze bt cristea - 6-0, 6-1

QR2 - chakvetadze bt pavlovic - 6-1, 3-6, 6-3

QFR - chakvetadze bt bondarenko 6-3, 7-6

MDR1 - chakvetadze lost to cornet 3-6, 4-6

Points earned - 21, Prize money earned - $5,500

Madrid -

QR1 - chakvetadze bt mattek-sands 6-4, 6-4

QFR -

Points earned so far - 20

Total clay points earned - 41

clay season schedule - stuttgart, madrid, rome, brussels and french open.

good luck Anna

Kim Clijsters - Supporting the comeback!

I have no other faves, I just hate

Follow me on twitter, I talk lots of shit about tennis - https://twitter.com/#!/Sammyb01

Last edited by sammy01 : May 4th, 2012 at 03:47 PM. Reason: edit
sammy01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 21st, 2012, 06:03 PM   #2
country flag Melange

Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Clay season 2012 - Anna sliding back into our hearts and up the rankings!

with that schedule i have no expectations so each win is a shock to me. good win against the romanian especially if she totally outplayed her
Old Apr 21st, 2012, 06:19 PM   #3
country flag sammy01

sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute

btw i think chak will need a MD wildcard or qualies wildcard to play french open. the entry list is out and she isn't in the MD as you cant you a PR to enter 2 slams. her ranking as it is will be way off qualifying entry cut off to. so she will need a wildcard to play. i would hope she gets a qualifying wildcard as it is 50 points to win a round in qualies of a slam and that would be against a non top 100 player.

Follow me on twitter, I talk lots of shit about tennis - https://twitter.com/#!/Sammyb01
Old Apr 21st, 2012, 06:25 PM   #4
country flag Wintermute

Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute

Love the scoreline but a bit shocked by it too, especially considering it's on clay. I thought Sorana had been playing a lot better recently too. But I suppose when I've seen her lose before she really has switched into 'brainless ballbasher' mode and the errors fly.

Anyway it's very nice and the next round looks like an easier prospect: Irena Pavlovic or wildcard Julia Kimmelmann.
Wintermute is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21st, 2012, 06:27 PM   #5
country flag Wintermute

Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy01 View Post
btw i think chak will need a MD wildcard or qualies wildcard to play french open.
Maybe this is why she's playing such high level tournaments in the lead-up. She wants to get back on the radar.
Old Apr 21st, 2012, 06:30 PM   #6
country flag sammy01

cirstea has been in good form this year, she is #29 in the race. the thing that cirstea has been doing this year is turning around her form when in brainless basher mode. if you look at some of her scorelines she has turned a lot of matches round.

while i don't doubt cirstea was probably a mess, it is positive anna didn't throw in 3 or 4 games of df's and errors herself. when she beat niculescu and pironkova in hobart i liked she was trying to play consistent yet aggressive tennis without ball bashing. if she draws shrarpova or vika, yeah then go for it, but while she is working her way back up the rankings and playing lower ranked girls chak's consistent flat strikes that are well placed are more than enough to beat most of them.

Last edited by sammy01 : Apr 21st, 2012 at 06:31 PM. Reason: edit
Old Apr 21st, 2012, 06:37 PM   #7
country flag Melange

Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintermute View Post
Maybe this is why she's playing such high level tournaments in the lead-up. She wants to get back on the radar.
there can be no logic to it. what she needs is cheap points and easy wins, not playing 3 tough matches in 3 days
Old Apr 21st, 2012, 06:39 PM   #8
country flag sammy01

good news is there is a qualifier vs qualifier round in the MD should chak make it, the bad news is the other 2 spots are against bartoli and pennetta (the winner of that to face sharapova).

Old Apr 21st, 2012, 06:58 PM   #9
country flag _inocencia_

_inocencia_ is a name known to all _inocencia_ is a name known to all _inocencia_ is a name known to all _inocencia_ is a name known to all _inocencia_ is a name known to all _inocencia_ is a name known to all _inocencia_ is a name known to all _inocencia_ is a name known to all _inocencia_ is a name known to all _inocencia_ is a name known to all _inocencia_ is a name known to all

no DF, what about UE? does anyone know that? ue tell a bit of story if there's no stream
Old Apr 21st, 2012, 07:27 PM   #10
country flag sammy01

chakvetadze will play pavlovic who just won in 3 sets. she is world #198 and that is all i know about her. on paper it looks like a nice draw, especially considering pavlovic just finished at 9.30pm at night and it was a 2.30 hour match she won.

Old Apr 21st, 2012, 07:36 PM   #11
country flag Wintermute

Quote:
especially considering pavlovic just finished at 9.30pm at night and it was a 2.30 hour match she won.
And it took her three tough sets to defeat world #675.
Old Apr 21st, 2012, 08:34 PM   #12
country flag Melange

third rd going to be tough
Old Apr 21st, 2012, 08:47 PM   #13
country flag sammy01

yep almost certainly to be katya bondarekno who has beaten chak before and is having an ok season

Old Apr 21st, 2012, 10:29 PM   #14
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintermute View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melange View Post
there can be no logic to it. what she needs is cheap points and easy wins, not playing 3 tough matches in 3 days
well if she wants a WC then a breaking-news win over a good player will put her again under the spotlight and she might get bigger chances for a MD WC
Quote:
good news is there is a qualifier vs qualifier round in the MD should chak make it, the bad news is the other 2 spots are against bartoli and pennetta (the winner of that to face sharapova).
well, obviouly -if she can make it to qualify- that QvsQ shot would be awesome, but considering the packed draw Pennetta is probably the worst player in the MD as for poor form and horrible confidence, so she could stand chances against her too (though the H2H isn't really on Anna's side)

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21st, 2012, 10:55 PM   #15
country flag sammy01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasy Hero View Post
well if she wants a WC then a breaking-news win over a good player will put her again under the spotlight and she might get bigger chances for a MD WC

well, obviouly -if she can make it to qualify- that QvsQ shot would be awesome, but considering the packed draw Pennetta is probably the worst player in the MD as for poor form and horrible confidence, so she could stand chances against her too (though the H2H isn't really on Anna's side)
QvsQ would be best me thinks, especially given a few of the seeds have lost in qualies so might be some lower ranked surprise qualifiers.

i think pennetta on clay would still be very tough for anna right now

oh and anna plays last (4th match) on court 1 tomorrow, play starts at 11am