Aliaksandra Sasnovich - Page 14 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 11th, 2013, 11:26 AM   #196
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Aliaksandra Sasnovich

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy55313 View Post
ChingChing-- maybe you can explain this to me. If I'm a player, I would be entering
tourneys in which I made the main draw-- tourneys in which I stood a fair chance of
winning. If I was Sasha, I would've signed up for Caserta next week, where I dont see
anyone that could beat Sasha, though it's on clay.
First, Natalia Vajdova is a very dangerous player. Very good Junior and is really a Top 500 Player
She is the Daughter of Djokovic's coach
Sasha should win but she must be prepared for a fight

As for your very nicely asked question, I think the reason is accesibility, not tiring herself, maybe funds and Prize Money.
I am not sure why she chose not to play Caserta as she played many Italian Tournaments last year but maybe she has a personal commitment
She is on lists for tournaments in following weeks so that is most likely the case
As for why she chose to play the 100K, I think she wants to try herself at this higher level where there are more points and Prize Money up for grabs
Also, it is very easy to get from Belarus to Prague

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by moby View Post
The Chernobyl mutant is in her element within China's waste and pollution.
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 12th, 2013, 03:51 AM   #197
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Sasha won 6-0 6-3
Obviously Chiasso was just a bad performance by her
Now beat Alison
I really think she can on the Clay

Quote:
Old May 12th, 2013, 01:20 PM   #198
country flag chingching

Sasha won against Riske 7-5 in the 3rd after being down 5*-4
Great effort
She went into what seemed like GOAT mode after being down as she almost won 12 points in a row
Really nice to see an Eastern European with Fighting Abilities, not Choking ones (although Riske may have just thrown it away)
Now Qualify
Unless she gets a LL spot, these are her potential opponents in MD if she makes it

(1)Klara Zakopalova (CZE) v Irina Falconi (USA)
Elina Svitolina (UKR) v Q
Maria Sanchez (USA) v Eleni Daniilidou (GRE)
(5)Johanna Larsson (SWE) v (wc)Tereza Smitkova (CZE)

(4)Annika Beck (GER) v Alexandra Cadantu (ROU)
Shahar Peer (ISR) v Q
Vesna Dolonc (SRB) v Q
(8)Misaki Doi (JPN) v (wc)Anna Karolina Schmiedlova (SVK)

(6)Jana Cepelova (SVK) v Julia Cohen (USA)
Alexa Glatch (USA) v Q
Nina Bratchikova (RUS) v (SE)Barbora Zahlavova Strycova (CZE)
(3/wc)Lucie Hradecka (CZE) v Melinda Czink (HUN)

(7)Monica Puig (PUR) v Olivia Rogowska (AUS)
(wc)Katerina Siniakova (CZE) v Akgul Amanmuradova (UZB)
Kristyna Pliskova (CZE) v Yvonne Meusburger (AUT)
(2)Lucie Safarova (CZE) v Aleksandra Krunic (SRB)

All very challenging but I think she has a decent shot against all of them

She still has Dabrowski to overcome though who is in good form: GOOD LUCK SASHA

I hope she plays Doubles with Diana again BTW

Quote:
Old May 12th, 2013, 02:53 PM   #199
country flag Ollie.

Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Sasha!

Rybarikova _ Hradecka _ K.Bondarenko _ Kleybanova _ Flipkens _ Govortsova _ Krajicek _ Martic _ Cetkovska _ Rezai _ Peer _ Begu _ Dulgheru _ Arvidsson _ Larsson _ Goerges _ Mattek-Sands _ Scheepers _ Peng _ Minella _ Puchkova _ Voegele _ Laine
Ollie. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2013, 08:25 PM   #200
battista

battista is a splendid one to behold battista is a splendid one to behold battista is a splendid one to behold battista is a splendid one to behold battista is a splendid one to behold battista is a splendid one to behold battista is a splendid one to behold battista is a splendid one to behold battista is a splendid one to behold battista is a splendid one to behold battista is a splendid one to behold

Here are photos of Aliaksandra from Prague

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ralfrei...7633456763189/
battista is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2013, 09:26 PM   #201
country flag chingching

Nice pics
I don't think she's actually naturally bad on clay but just didn't play well in Chiasso againt a dangerous opponent
I really hope she can qualify and win a round
She only needs a handful of points for US Open Qualies

Quote:
Old May 13th, 2013, 09:56 PM   #202
country flag jimmy55313

jimmy55313 is a splendid one to behold jimmy55313 is a splendid one to behold jimmy55313 is a splendid one to behold jimmy55313 is a splendid one to behold jimmy55313 is a splendid one to behold jimmy55313 is a splendid one to behold jimmy55313 is a splendid one to behold jimmy55313 is a splendid one to behold jimmy55313 is a splendid one to behold jimmy55313 is a splendid one to behold jimmy55313 is a splendid one to behold

Lost to Dabrowski in three-- I was watching the score and it seemed
Sasha didnt wake up until the 2nd set. She tore thru Dabrowski in the
second set and in the beginning of the third-- she was up 3-0. Then
for some reason it all crumbled. Tired perhaps ? The win against Riske
was also a three set affair... irregardless, I was surprised and very
impressed by the Riske win. She's no joke. Probably still time for her
to sign up for Caserta as well..
jimmy55313 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2013, 10:06 PM   #203
country flag jimmy55313

jimmy55313 is a splendid one to behold jimmy55313 is a splendid one to behold jimmy55313 is a splendid one to behold jimmy55313 is a splendid one to behold jimmy55313 is a splendid one to behold jimmy55313 is a splendid one to behold jimmy55313 is a splendid one to behold jimmy55313 is a splendid one to behold jimmy55313 is a splendid one to behold jimmy55313 is a splendid one to behold jimmy55313 is a splendid one to behold

ChingChing-- OK so when I look at the event she signed up for in the week of 5/27-- the
one in Italy.. looks like it's a whole lot tougher draw than the same $25K event thats
in Moscow- she'd make the main draw in Moscow, but for the Italian event she's likely
to be in the quallies again. If I were Sasha, I'd be heading east.. Minsk is a lot
closer to Moscow than Italia..
Old May 14th, 2013, 07:31 AM   #204
country flag chingching

Quote:
ChingChing-- OK so when I look at the event she signed up for in the week of 5/27-- the
one in Italy.. looks like it's a whole lot tougher draw than the same $25K event thats
in Moscow- she'd make the main draw in Moscow, but for the Italian event she's likely
to be in the quallies again. If I were Sasha, I'd be heading east.. Minsk is a lot
closer to Moscow than Italia..
I think its because Moscow is quite expensive to get to and she would find it easier to travel around Europe if she plays in Italy. She can just get a Eurail Train Pass and go from tournament to tournament without hassle
Sasha never seems to take the easy way out when it comes to points which IMO is a good thing

Its sad that she was up 3-0 in the 3rd
I saw her at 1-6 and was sure she'd lose then she came out of nowhere and won the 2nd 6-2 and I thought she would win
Still, its all a learning curve and I am sure she will learn from this experience and Dabrowski was in far from bad form
No Doubles unfortunately but I am sure she will be ready for next weeks

Quote:
Old May 14th, 2013, 08:54 PM   #205
battista

battista is a splendid one to behold battista is a splendid one to behold battista is a splendid one to behold battista is a splendid one to behold battista is a splendid one to behold battista is a splendid one to behold battista is a splendid one to behold battista is a splendid one to behold battista is a splendid one to behold battista is a splendid one to behold battista is a splendid one to behold

Aliaksandra today photo:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ralfrei...in/photostream
Old May 14th, 2013, 09:15 PM   #206
country flag jimmy55313

well well-- it appears our dear Sasha is listening to me-- she's withdrawn
from the Italian event on 5/27 and is in the main draw in Moscow !!
This is one she should be able to get pretty far in.
Old May 15th, 2013, 06:33 AM   #207
battista

I like this one

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ralfrei...in/photostream
Old May 15th, 2013, 08:34 AM   #208
country flag chingching

Quote:
well well-- it appears our dear Sasha is listening to me-- she's withdrawn
from the Italian event on 5/27 and is in the main draw in Moscow !!
This is one she should be able to get pretty far in.
Woot
Say more things

Quote:
Old May 17th, 2013, 10:47 PM   #209
country flag jimmy55313

Sasha is in the quallies in Brussels and plays tomorrow
against Alexa Glatch. If she's on top of her game she can
win this one. Melanie Oudin and Gabriella Dabrowski are
also in the same draw. You can do it Sasha !!
Old May 18th, 2013, 04:56 AM   #210
country flag chingching

Quote:
Sasha is in the quallies in Brussels and plays tomorrow
against Alexa Glatch. If she's on top of her game she can
win this one. Melanie Oudin and Gabriella Dabrowski are
also in the same draw. You can do it Sasha !!

Did not expect that
Good Luck
I think shell win this one and maybe even Qualify on her WTA debut at a Premier event
It's nice to see her trying these harder events
BTW Dabrowski won a round in MD and almost beat Cepelova so she is obviously in good form :smile:

Quote: