Sorana's sandbox tour on the clay - join for 2013! - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 12th, 2012, 09:32 PM   #16
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sorana's sandbox tour on the clay - join for 2012!

Really, oh I mixed up the draw again, I guess. My bad.
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 12th, 2012, 09:59 PM   #17
country flag Rovegun

Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold

damn I couldn´t watch due to controlling my thesis! but so happy I´ll get another chance to watch Sori in another match... I thought she wouldn´t be able to beat LDL but Sori is a fighter.... well done Sori!

Last edited by Rovegun : Apr 13th, 2012 at 10:06 PM.
Rovegun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2012, 01:07 PM   #18
country flag soimu

soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all

I hope Sorana will win today and get some more points.
soimu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2012, 05:32 PM   #19
country flag traddles

traddles has much to be proud of traddles has much to be proud of traddles has much to be proud of traddles has much to be proud of traddles has much to be proud of traddles has much to be proud of traddles has much to be proud of traddles has much to be proud of traddles has much to be proud of traddles has much to be proud of traddles has much to be proud of

I saw only the final set... very good performance by Sorana
traddles is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2012, 05:35 PM   #20
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

Another come-back win
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2012, 05:57 PM   #21
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Defeated Govortsova 2-6 6-1 6-3

from GM:

I really don't understand Sorana's mindset here. After going down miserably yesterday against Lourdes in that first set with low percentage tennis, she's doing exactly the same crap again today. Yes, Olga is a different kind of player, but still there were only 5 rallies on Olga's serve in the opener that went over more than 3 shots. She won nearly all of them, but hammered a good dozen of returns mile into the out. With a performance like the one there, she would struggle against nearly any player out there. Ironically, she is swearing the whole time at herself for not going so much risk again on the next try, but the same story again and again and she keeps on swearing.

However, this time again, she somehow noticed that it can't go on like that, took some pace off her strokes and tried to rally with big success, hitting some clean winners on both sides as well as some good droppers and you don't believe it - Olga is also hitting unforced errrors if you let her.

Came back from 1-3 in the 3rd as well with that tactic, although Olga was godawful at the end, no 1st serves, no consistency on bh or fh, some really loose shots mixed with a deflated body language and poor shot selection.

Sorana really has to be awake from the start of her semifinal match tomorrow. There are players other than Lourdes and Olga that won't allow her such a comeback again.
Old Apr 13th, 2012, 06:26 PM   #22
country flag ALIEN

ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold

Wish she would develop a brain in the first sets. By the way, the tournament is live on Digi Sport 3.
ALIEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2012, 06:27 PM   #23
country flag Dan_Doe

Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future

Sori saved my day
Dan_Doe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2012, 08:45 PM   #24
country flag noname29

noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all

sorana a intrat in top 40 cu 1351pct.
noname29 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2012, 08:59 PM   #25
country flag Andiyan

Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALI3N View Post
Wish she would develop a brain in the first sets.
Andiyan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2012, 10:09 PM   #26
country flag Rovegun

Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold

from my favs only Sorana won at least... if the losing of the first set means winning the match than go on Sori good luck tomorrow against Dominika.... Sori is top 40... nice to see Sori going back where she belongs...
Rovegun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14th, 2012, 07:57 AM   #27
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Sori. Domi will be tough. The tennis balls will get smacked pretty hard in that match.
HowardH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14th, 2012, 09:09 AM   #28
country flag ALIEN

ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold

She better make sure she wins the first set and not screws around , otherwise she's done.
ALIEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14th, 2012, 12:47 PM   #29
country flag traddles

traddles has much to be proud of traddles has much to be proud of traddles has much to be proud of traddles has much to be proud of traddles has much to be proud of traddles has much to be proud of traddles has much to be proud of traddles has much to be proud of traddles has much to be proud of traddles has much to be proud of traddles has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALI3N View Post
Wish she would develop a brain in the first sets. By the way, the tournament is live on Digi Sport 3.
yeah, I watched on internet final set of Sorana's match, and later in the night, I noticed that DS3 broadcasted Cibulkova's match against the ukrainean... their match today, around 5 pm
traddles is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14th, 2012, 02:47 PM   #30
country flag Curcubeu

Lost 1-6 1-6

Well, Dominika is no jetlaged Polona, Lourdes or Olga and even she was average at best today...

Pathetic serving, pathetic returning. However, reaching the semifinal is already a result exceeding my expectations for this tournament in her regard, so she should forget about this one like she did with the Watson match and focus on Stuttgart Q.