Sorana's sandbox tour on the clay - join for 2013! - Page 17 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 3rd, 2013, 08:47 PM   #241
country flag grs

grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of
Re: Sorana's sandbox tour on the clay - join for 2013!

Only Kuznetsova, if she will beat Serena, could make Sorana loses nr 24 WTA place.
grs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 3rd, 2013, 08:49 PM   #242
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Did you also count what could happen in Birmingham/Nuremberg in view of the Wimbledon seeding?

Anyway, she lost in her first match in Birmingham last year, so nothing to defend.
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3rd, 2013, 10:13 PM   #243
country flag grs

grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of

Let's see what could happen next week. (considering that Serena will win tomorrow)

At the beginning of the week Sorana will be Top 22 and, if she will not make QF she could be passed by

Makarova - need QF Birmingham
Cornet - need to win Nuremberg
Lisicki - QF Birmingham
Paszek - if she will make 212 pct from Notthingam 75k and Birmingham

If Sorana will stop in QF she could be passed by

Makarova - need SF Birmingham
Cornet - need to win Nuremberg
Lisicki - SF Birmingham
Paszek - if she will make 222 pct from Nottingham 75k and Birmingham

If Sorana will stop in SF she could be passed by

Makarova - need F Birmingham
Lisicki - need F Birmingham
Paszek - if she will make 282 pct from Nottingham 75k and Birmingham - practical F in Birmingham

In this case the worse situation is a final at B 220 between 2 of those 3.

Conclusion - Sorana has a big chance to be seeded in top 24 at Wimbledon even if she does nothing in Birmingham.
To be sure of that she must go till semifinal.
But first let's hope that Serena will continue her win run tomorrow

Last edited by grs : Jun 3rd, 2013 at 10:40 PM.
Old Jun 3rd, 2013, 10:38 PM   #244
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Good and to be honest, at the moment and with her current mindset, I'd give her better chances to do some damage on grass than on clay.
Old Jun 3rd, 2013, 10:43 PM   #245
country flag Belle de Jour

Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute

Being seeded 22nd at the Championships only means she will draw one of the seeds ranked between 9 and 16 in the 3rd round. And those players are all dangerous.

But first let's see her qualify in the 3rd. This girl never stops to amaze me when she's seeded. The bigger the favorite she is, the bigger the upset.
Old Jun 4th, 2013, 05:48 PM   #246

Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute

You lost just in time... what a coincidence

Ii pasa asteia de tenis cum imi pasa mie de agricultura in Alaska.
Old Jun 4th, 2013, 06:30 PM   #247
country flag Curcubeu

Strategic tank against Serena to care about what really counts - her family.

Good one.
Old Jun 4th, 2013, 06:39 PM   #248

Man, she never stood a chance against Bivolu', it was about her doubles and her mixed doubles.

But that's not even the point. The point is she couldn't care less

It's nice though how we all make predictions here, praying that she's seeded in tournaments, hoping for good draws for her, and the fact is she couldn't care less. I really hope she's the 22nd seed at the Championships, but boy... if she has another christening or a weeding that week, or if she feels like taking a walk on the streets of Ploiesti the next day...
Old Jun 4th, 2013, 06:59 PM   #249
country flag Curcubeu

To be honest, I wouldn't read that much into this. She is happy about her niece in the first place.

You can't expect tennis players to rant about any loss on the social media. There was a time it seemed worse with her I would say.
Old Jun 4th, 2013, 07:12 PM   #250

I can appreciate her loving her family members and being there for them in the important events of their lives. And I don't expect her to mourn after losing a tennis match, no matter how important that match is. I actually like strong players who get over a loss immediately, shake themselves and are ready for another fight. There are certainly more important things in life, like health, family, love, friends and so on.
But you don't put those two in a sentence just like that. I lost this and I lost that but i'm here just in time. Or you put them, but then expect your followers to read into it. Or not, which seems to be your case.

But for me it's always been pretty obvious that she's not very much into making performance. She goes on the court to make some money, maybe get some fashion deals, and obviously to get the attention of a famous & rich man, who will eventually marry her.
Old Jun 5th, 2013, 09:22 PM   #251
country flag grs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncurv View Post
Being seeded 22nd at the Championships only means she will draw one of the seeds ranked between 9 and 16 in the 3rd round. And those players are all dangerous.

But first let's see her qualify in the 3rd. This girl never stops to amaze me when she's seeded. The bigger the favorite she is, the bigger the upset.
Sorana has been 4 times seeded at a Grand Slam tournament - every time she won 2 matches - no upset.
Old Jun 6th, 2013, 10:16 AM   #252
country flag Doggy964

Doggy964 is just really nice Doggy964 is just really nice Doggy964 is just really nice Doggy964 is just really nice Doggy964 is just really nice Doggy964 is just really nice Doggy964 is just really nice Doggy964 is just really nice Doggy964 is just really nice Doggy964 is just really nice Doggy964 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncurv View Post
and obviously to get the attention of a famous & rich man
Rats! I'd better find another tennis player to follow...

no way! Sorana for ever!
Doggy964 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2013, 06:42 PM   #253
country flag ALIEN

ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold

Nobody cares about doubles matches anyway, and at least she won a game more than Errani against Serena
ALIEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2013, 06:49 PM   #254
country flag Curcubeu

Even twice the amount of games!
Old Jun 6th, 2013, 10:33 PM   #255

Let's face it, semifinal Serena is not the same as first rounds Serena. And Sorana is not Errani, it was only natural for Serena to give her best today.