The Italian Open Championships - Page 7 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 1st, 2012, 04:37 PM   #91
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Italian Open Championships

1950 added. I was sadly unable to find a pic of Annalisa Bossi (or Annalies, Annalise, etc).
Rollo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 9th, 2012, 12:01 AM   #92
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute

1951 added.

also added a pic of Mauresmo from 2008 and pictures of the statues at the Foro Italico
Old May 12th, 2012, 03:26 PM   #93
country flag ugarte

ugarte is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Rollo

I Have These Results

Sf
Lucia Valerio D Rosie Berthet 6/3-4/6-6/4
Dorothy Andrus D Giulia Grioni 6/2-2/6-6/2

She Is Maria Covi
ugarte is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2012, 03:27 PM   #94
country flag ugarte

Sf
Lucia Valerio D Cilly Aussem 3/6-8/6-6/2
Ida Adamoff D Marie Louise Horn 6/3-7/5
Old May 12th, 2012, 03:30 PM   #95
country flag ugarte

Sf
Elizabeth Ryan D Lucia Valerio 6/2-6/4
Ida Adamoff D Elsa Riboli 6/1-6/2
Old May 12th, 2012, 03:33 PM   #96
country flag ugarte

1 Round
Susan Noel D Jacqueline Horner 6/1-6/1

2 Round
Susan Noel D Lolette Payot 6/0-3/6-6/2

1/4f
Lucia Valerio D Ida Adamoff 9/7-6/3
Cilly Aussem D Jacqueline Goldschmidt 1/6-7/5-7/5
Jadwiga Jedrzejowska D Susan Noel 10/8-6/2
Hilde Sperling D Nancy Lyle 6/3-6/2

Sf
L Valerio D C Aussem 6/4-6/4
H Sperling D J Jedrzejowska 6/1-6/4
Old May 12th, 2012, 03:34 PM   #97
country flag ugarte

Sf
Lily De Alvarez D Maud Rosenbaum Levi 6/2-6/1
Lucia Valerio D Anna Luzzatti W.0
Old May 16th, 2012, 08:33 PM   #98
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Thanks Ugarte!

I added in your scores and the fact that the meana and women are playing a combined event here for the 1st time since 1978.
Old May 17th, 2012, 06:05 AM   #99
country flag alfajeffster

alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
Thanks Ugarte!

I added in your scores and the fact that the meana and women are playing a combined event here for the 1st time since 1978.
1978, the year I was born! How nice of you to include it in your posts, Rollo!
Old May 17th, 2012, 03:23 PM   #100
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Quote:
1978, the year I was born! How nice of you to include it in your posts, Rollo!
Anytime youngster!
Old May 30th, 2012, 09:20 PM   #101
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Added youtube links for 1987, 1991, and 1992 featuring Navratilova, Sabatini, and Seles.

And links for 1989 (Sabatini vs Sanchez) and a brief clip of 1983!

Jimbo found a great link to Italian results. I'll be gradually adding those in.

Last edited by Rollo : May 30th, 2012 at 09:28 PM.
Old Jul 18th, 2012, 04:50 PM   #102
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Added results for 1962 and a ton of images I found-even one of Mo Connolly winning in 1954! My favorites though are of the dynamic duo of Pericoli and Lazzarino, the twin terrors of the Foro.
Old Jul 19th, 2012, 02:42 PM   #103
tennisvideos
Love the Legends of Tennis

tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo View Post

18 year-old Christine Truman lost just 8 points in the first set and 11 in the second in a final rout of Sandra Reynolds en route to her first major international title. She went on to win at Roland Garros. Reynolds had beaten holder Maria Bueno 46 75 63 in a thrilling semi-final.

At the Foro Italico in 1959. Lea Pericoli
Fantastic pic! I would have loved to have seen Pericoli play ... and playing doubles with Sylvana! Would remind me of myself against a lot of the S&V players I compete against
60s/70s: Evonne Goolagong .. Francoise Durr .. Chris Evert .. Margaret Court .. Nancy Richey .. Maria Bueno .. Billie-Jean King .. Lesley Turner .. Virginia Wade .. Ken Rosewall .. Rod Laver .. Bjorn Borg ..
Entertainers: .. Diana Ross .. Dionne Warwick .. Shirley Bassey .. Randy Crawford .. Burt Bacharach .. ABBA .. Woody Allen .. Maggie Smith .. Gena Rowlands .. Judy Davis .. Heath Ledger .. Little Britain ..
Inspiration: .. Jeshua Ben Josepth .. Conversations with God .. Abraham with Esther & Jerry Hicks .. P'taah ..
tennisvideos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19th, 2012, 06:53 PM   #104
country flag gabybackhand

gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of

FANTASTIC pic!
Merciless Monica - Barcelona Bumblebee
gabybackhand is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8th, 2012, 07:35 PM   #105
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Added 1966 with a pic of Ann Jones