Clay Season - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 16th, 2012, 02:50 PM   #31
country flag #kArLoS#
Who knows where the time goes

#kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Clay Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_P View Post
The back injury has completely destroyed her serve and that was such an important part of her game. I'm afraid she's never going to reach her peak form again (2010 Australian Open IMO).
She clearly has no self confidence on clay: that match against Mayr was simply tragic. And the coaching problems only make matters worse.

I hope the event in Brussels can bring out the best in her...
Just curious to know whether Yanina herself has said that or it is just an impression you got . Either way, I noticed that too. Sucks big time
#kArLoS# is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 16th, 2012, 05:35 PM   #32
country flag T_P

T_P has much to be proud of T_P has much to be proud of T_P has much to be proud of T_P has much to be proud of T_P has much to be proud of T_P has much to be proud of T_P has much to be proud of T_P has much to be proud of T_P has much to be proud of T_P has much to be proud of T_P has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by #kArLoS# View Post
Just curious to know whether Yanina herself has said that or it is just an impression you got . Either way, I noticed that too. Sucks big time
She says that she had to change her serving technique because of her back. I'm no tennis teacher, but now she barely bends her knees while serving and it just looks useless: much less power or top spin.
So now she gets almost no free points from her first serve. And she used to have such a great kicker as a 2nd serve which is gone too I'm afraid...
Old May 17th, 2012, 10:23 AM   #33
country flag #kArLoS#

#kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_P View Post
She says that she had to change her serving technique because of her back. I'm no tennis teacher, but now she barely bends her knees while serving and it just looks useless: much less power or top spin.
So now she gets almost no free points from her first serve. And she used to have such a great kicker as a 2nd serve which is gone too I'm afraid...
yup,I know what you mean. Especially when she came back in January, her serve was more or less a puffball serve. But it has gotten better with time,I believe . But doesn´t come close to what it used to be (when I started following Yanina in 2008,her serve was much better: more aces,more 1st serves % won, more holds...).But it has been disappearing gradually on those years...Fuck the back
Old May 20th, 2012, 01:37 PM   #34
country flag WhoAmI?

WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute

Yanina's quarter in Brussels:

Jankovic vs Halep
Niculescu vs qualifier
Wickmayer vs Chakvetadze
McHale vs Cibulkova

Tough draw Chakvetadze's kind of unpredictable, but so has Yanina been. I hope for the best
WhoAmI? is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2012, 03:24 PM   #35
country flag #kArLoS#

Yanina d Anna 36 64 61

Hard fought win,but we get this . Cibulkova next,she can do it
Old May 22nd, 2012, 03:25 PM   #36
country flag WhoAmI?

WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute

w00t!

Very happy for this win! Next up Cibulkova. Given their season, this should be a close match.
Old May 22nd, 2012, 08:16 PM   #37
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute

She won but back problems again I hope she can finish her match tomorrow but really not sure about that...

Andrea Petkovic - Sara Errani - Jarka Gajdosova - Alizé Cornet
Dorien. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2012, 08:23 PM   #38
country flag WhoAmI?

Really?
Old May 23rd, 2012, 12:16 PM   #39
country flag benbest

benbest has a reputation beyond repute benbest has a reputation beyond repute benbest has a reputation beyond repute benbest has a reputation beyond repute benbest has a reputation beyond repute benbest has a reputation beyond repute benbest has a reputation beyond repute benbest has a reputation beyond repute benbest has a reputation beyond repute benbest has a reputation beyond repute benbest has a reputation beyond repute

Wickmayer: "Als ik hier niet kan spelen, dan gaat het ook niet op Roland Garros."

"If I can't play here, I won't be able to do much at Roland Garros."

"Ik was nerveus omdat ik dit jaar maar weinig gewonnen heb op gravel. Ik wou te veel mijn best doen en blokkeerde."

"I was nervous because I haven't won many matches on gravel this year. I tried too hard to do my best en I blocked."

Wickmayer says the pain is not so bad like it was last year, the physiotherapist told her it's nothing much to worry about.

http://sporza.be/cm/sporza/tennis/120523_Wickmayer_rug
benbest is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2012, 06:01 PM   #40
country flag #kArLoS#

Marvellous choke,Yanina

Led *4-1 in the 2nd,had 2Bps at 4-2*,and lost an endless game at *4-3 in which she had serveral GPs(wasted both of them with DFs), then missed 2 returns in a row on 2nd serve at 4-4* 30-30 and lost the game to love when serving to stay in the match

No expectations in RG,I doubt she will defend her 3rd pts
Old May 23rd, 2012, 06:04 PM   #41
country flag WhoAmI?

Disappointing, 2nd set should have been hers

Good thing is she could play a competitive match And now can prepare for RG.

As a non-seed, she could draw whoever, but I hope she'll get at least one win.
Old May 24th, 2012, 05:29 PM   #42
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute

Such a frustrating match. It's really mentally she isn't winning these matches.

Old May 25th, 2012, 04:58 PM   #43
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

She is playing against Pironkova in the first round of Roland Garros. Should win this one. In the second round probably Schiavone

Old May 29th, 2012, 02:16 PM   #44
country flag #kArLoS#

Another awful loss in this clay season,this time Pironkova bagelled her.And that serve...

Things are looking frankly rough for Yanina,I feel she´s been sucking ever since she beat Kim @ Miami. I hope the grass season gives her some light,atleast her serve should have some effect there
Old May 29th, 2012, 04:09 PM   #45
country flag WhoAmI?

I couldn't watch the match The result is disappointing though Only place she's going at the moment is down Well, there's only hope she doesn't become a random top 80 player, who's highlight of the year would be reaching a Tashkent quarterfinal