stuttgart 2012 - Page 7 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 11th, 2012, 03:34 PM   #91
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute
Re: stuttgart 2012

That's what I feel. She only needs the one big one. And I can only imagine her reaction if she wins another one. It would make her USO '06 reaction look tame.
Advertisement

Old Apr 11th, 2012, 04:08 PM   #92
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of

jamesshazza; I do not think so, I think she would react - a lot more mature and is gonna be a lot more dunno, emotional? Anyway, did you have to remnid me? I was imagining her reaction if she won Wimby last year, repeated the same mistake with AO this year. But I really wanna see her reaction after winning a Slam post-injury...
Old Apr 11th, 2012, 04:24 PM   #93
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

It would be arms in air as she falls to her knees, eyes welling up. A look of confused disbelief is written on her face intertwined with ecstatic joy. She walks to the net, looking and smiling at her box. She shakes her opponents hand, then the umpires.

Realisation quickly dawns, and she starts to jump up and down, fists clenched. She falls to her knees once again, rears her head to the sky and the lioness roars. A roar of triumph after all the battles. Every bird in a 10 mile radius flees.

Then she composes herself, sits down. And this is when the true realisation dawns, she's done it. She's proved it to herself. Everything comes flooding back - the doctor's , the surgery, the pain, the waiting, the not-knowing, the R1 losses. The tears start to flow and Masha then delivers one of the best speeches ever. And finished it by dedicating the trophy to us, the fans, for sticking by her and believing in her even though the road was long and winding. But we never game up and neither did she.
Old Apr 11th, 2012, 04:24 PM   #94
country flag domon17th

domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future

Agree on all counts with you guys. It's so funny regarding her advert for Head that she claims her game is about Instinct but she no longer has that killer instinct anymore, least not in the 28740 finals so far

She needs not only confidence, but the killer instinct again to not only go for her shots, but also with controlled aggression. She used to be so good in this during her heydays
domon17th is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11th, 2012, 04:27 PM   #95
country flag domon17th

domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameshazza View Post
It would be arms in air as she falls to her knees, eyes welling up. A look of confused disbelief is written on her face intertwined with ecstatic joy. She walks to the net, looking and smiling at her box. She shakes her opponents hand, then the umpires.

Realisation quickly dawns, and she starts to jump up and down, fists clenched. She falls to her knees once again, rears her head to the sky and the lioness roars. A roar of triumph after all the battles. Every bird in a 10 mile radius flees.

Then she composes herself, sits down. And this is when the true realisation dawns, she's done it. She's proved it to herself. Everything comes flooding back - the doctor's , the surgery, the pain, the waiting, the not-knowing, the R1 losses. The tears start to flow and Masha then delivers one of the best speeches ever. And finished it by dedicating the trophy to us, the fans, for sticking by her and believing in her even though the road was long and winding. But we never game up and neither did she.
OMG *DEAD*
Your posts are always so detailed that they get to me everytime. I don't think it will be THAT dramatic though, probably something that rivals her first slam win in Wimby. Mandatory drop to her knees motion, look for disbelief, shake hands, and run to the stands to hug Sasha (Yea that means next slam is either RG or Wimby )
domon17th is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11th, 2012, 04:29 PM   #96
country flag vozas

vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute

She needs a comprehensive win over Azarenka and Serena (not expecting this one to ever happen again, seeing as Jameka apparently tanks the previous round everytime prospects are it'll be more competitive than a beatdown).

Really, 2010 was kind of her fall cometh season. The chokes against Cheatine, Serena (even if she'd go on to lose the match, which was very likely, she really deserved that first set given how she managed to take it to a tiebreak despite Serena's 134 aces), and Clijsters really were tough to swallow and she lost a lot of her drive during that year.
vozas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11th, 2012, 06:30 PM   #97
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Thanks for great posts, they're great readings!
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11th, 2012, 06:37 PM   #98
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of

oh, and we talk about Slams in a thread about Stuttgart... She hasn't won a MM tourney this year, let alone a Slam.
Old Apr 11th, 2012, 06:48 PM   #99
country flag Qetusi

Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maja12 View Post
oh, and we talk about Slams in a thread about Stuttgart... She hasn't won a MM tourney this year, let alone a Slam.
the only tournament Stosur won last year was USO
Qetusi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12th, 2012, 11:21 AM   #100
country flag Steven.

Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute

Jameshazza, she's done that before

Quote:
It would be arms in air as she falls to her knees, eyes welling up. A look of confused disbelief is written on her face intertwined with ecstatic joy.

Quote:
She walks to the net, looking and smiling at her box. She shakes her opponents hand, then the umpires.

close enough

Quote:
Old Apr 12th, 2012, 11:28 AM   #101
country flag claypova
#sugarfamily

claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute

2006 celebration was the best she was so cute!
2004 was also cute and she was just so shocked!
eh .. 2008 sucked cos the Aussie crowd didn't want her to win
claypova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12th, 2012, 11:31 AM   #102
country flag Steven.

Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by claypova View Post
2006 celebration was the best she was so cute!
2004 was also cute and she was just so shocked!
eh .. 2008 sucked cos the Aussie crowd didn't want her to win
the 2006 one was a bit ott didn't she drop the trophy as well or something? I am still so embarrassed for her.
Old Apr 12th, 2012, 11:39 AM   #103
country flag claypova
#sugarfamily

claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven. View Post
the 2006 one was a bit ott didn't she drop the trophy as well or something? I am still so embarrassed for her.
its not embarrasing, its dorky and cute
claypova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12th, 2012, 11:42 AM   #104
country flag Steven.

Quote:
Originally Posted by claypova View Post
its not embarrasing, its dorky and cute
i gotta admit it is her best celebration though, but I just can't at her dropping it

I can't believe Stuttgart is still over a week away. Tennis is so boring without Maria... I've been following Copenhagen though and the atmosphere is so shit and all the players are shit.
Old Apr 12th, 2012, 04:16 PM   #105
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

Thank God the clay season is here . She's so gonna kick some ass.
Mr.Sharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote