stuttgart 2012 - Page 56 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 30th, 2012, 12:03 PM   #826
country flag JoPova

JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future
Re: stuttgart 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry. View Post
I didn't even follow the Cornet match AT ALL. Not even scoreboarding. So that was really a "What the fuck" moment when I turned on the scoreboard and saw her down MP to Sam 'cause I wasn't prepared at all.
Her match vs Sam is the only one I missed from this tournament! It would've been unbearable for my nerves!

Novak Djokovic Roger Federer Tomas Berdych Juan Martin Del Potro Richard Gasquet
JoPova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 30th, 2012, 02:14 PM   #827
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by vozas View Post
Btw guys, can we agree this is probably Maria's biggest and most meaningful victory since she came back from injury?
Absoulutely, the way she beat Kvitova and Azarenka with serves and guts is vintage Maria.
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30th, 2012, 02:26 PM   #828
country flag Lachy
ICE QUEENS.

Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know if I have posted yet but this final gave me so much life! Such authoritative play from Masha. What an amazing week.
Lachy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30th, 2012, 03:43 PM   #829
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

I think that if Masha were to beat Rena on clay it'll be Rome or Paris. Madrid plays fast but the balls seriously fly at that altitude. But last year it was her first clay court tournament which kinda' explains the suckage.

On slower clay like Rome and Paris Rena's serve is slowed down so much and bounces in the strike zone. Plus with the way Masha serves on clay she would have the advantage there. See how Serena imploded when she realised her serve on clay had nothing against Stosur's - RG QF '10.

Personally I would prefer if Masha has the better run in Rome simply because it plays more like RG. But what excites me is that she's been moving better on the Stuttgart courts than any other clay courts, and they are much more slippery than at RG. Can't wait to see her movement at the other tournaments.
Old Apr 30th, 2012, 04:46 PM   #830
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of

I still droll over that volley in the last game, it was totally unexpected for me...
Old Apr 30th, 2012, 04:54 PM   #831
country flag madmax

madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maja12 View Post
I still droll over that volley in the last game, it was totally unexpected for me...
that volley simply confirmed the fact that Maria is a confidence player and when she feels good about her game, she can pull off any shot in the book.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp!ffy View Post
Sharapova is so popular her owns fans have haters.
madmax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30th, 2012, 05:11 PM   #832
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

24 hours later, and still so proud
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30th, 2012, 05:18 PM   #833
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
24 hours later, and still so proud
I feel the same, I've just gone around with a stupid smile on my face all day, lol
Few minutes ago they even made a clip on Sky Sports 24 about the tournament with images of Maria on the Porsche and a little interview in the end, they never did something so "big" for the other WTA tournaments this year. I was like
Trih is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30th, 2012, 07:07 PM   #834
country flag Laechler

Laechler has much to be proud of Laechler has much to be proud of Laechler has much to be proud of Laechler has much to be proud of Laechler has much to be proud of Laechler has much to be proud of Laechler has much to be proud of Laechler has much to be proud of Laechler has much to be proud of Laechler has much to be proud of Laechler has much to be proud of

I love the fact that the final of Australian Open and Indian Wells had an other winner in this tournament.

I've been on the tournament the whole 9 days, in my opinion best match was her vs Stosur, when she wins such a battle she really deserves the tournament win too.

Did you recognized she drove down the Porsche with locked handbrake? You can hear it in my video. Guess she was quite nervous, but who wouldn't. At least she knew the ignition in a Porsche is on the left, Jelena Jankovic need in 2008 much longer to get it running
Laechler is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30th, 2012, 07:58 PM   #835
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vozas View Post
Btw guys, can we agree this is probably Maria's biggest and most meaningful victory since she came back from injury?
This is the biggest, no doubt in my mind. And like many stated, the Wimbledon champ/OA champ and US Open Champion en route to the title . This is very impressive, her serve hold in her last three matches against very good returners especially Petra and Vika. She lost her serve like 3 times against those 3 players this is unreal especially when we know that not too long ago she was losing her serve about 5 times only against Vika
I'm still happy 24 hours after the match I swear, this is so good.
I watched Sharapova's highlights vs Vika at my work and when I came back home I watched the whole match vs Petra, seriously she played so well you just want her to play this well in every event and win them all you can do it Maria.
doomsday is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30th, 2012, 08:18 PM   #836
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

This thread gives me so much joy. But TF has really taken away from my study time this week. Was worth it though, I'llmiss most of Madrid/ Rome

Thanks Masha
Old Apr 30th, 2012, 08:51 PM   #837
country flag Jack89

Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light

I'm just so proud of how Maria played all week, and especially how she played in the final. I just feel like this is the first proper tournament, since her comeback, where she has a played a high quality level of tennis throughtout each match.

I mean, I know she won Rome and Cincinatti last year which are technically higher level tournaments. But her Cincy final against JJ was a mess and I think her form was a bit inconsitent in Rome.

But here she had a really hard draw and she beat every single opponent infront of her. She never got lucky or got gifted any match. And her game stayed at a consitent level too. So thats make me happy!
Jack89 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30th, 2012, 08:55 PM   #838
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack89 View Post
I'm just so proud of how Maria played all week, and especially how she played in the final. I just feel like this is the first proper tournament, since her comeback, where she has a played a high quality level of tennis throughtout each match.

I mean, I know she won Rome and Cincinatti last year which are technically higher level tournaments. But her Cincy final against JJ was a mess and I think her form was a bit inconsitent in Rome.

But here she had a really hard draw and she beat every single opponent infront of her. She never got lucky or got gifted any match. And her game stayed at a consitent level too. So thats make me happy!
Well said.
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30th, 2012, 09:05 PM   #839
country flag lefty24

lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute

I deffinetly think Maria does better when she has harder draws.
She usually doesn't do well with cakewalks.
Old Apr 30th, 2012, 09:35 PM   #840
country flag Craig.
MA5HA

Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute

Still celebrating
Craig. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote