stuttgart 2012 - Page 54 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 29th, 2012, 11:55 PM   #796
country flag vozas

vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute
Re: stuttgart 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameshazza View Post
Yeah. 7th. Not sure what to expect there anyway. Would like a QF to keep this years streak though. And then defend Rome
Some people say it plays too quick for Maria... If it plays as quick as Stuttgart she'll be fine. I am really curious though as to see how her serve holds up outdoors. It was great at the AO, and she really seems to have gotten the groove of it throughout a match on a consistent basis.

Otherwise, balls flying quickly and the surface slowing it down and bouncing at Maria's hitting zone sounds great. Hope she gets another go at Azarenka, but I'm sure BFFrena is DYING to screw up this rivalry :P
vozas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 29th, 2012, 11:58 PM   #797
Cherry.

Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickfalsetto View Post
Oh hell yes...that'd be amazing
Your sig Those trolls I seriously can't.
London Olympics 2012 - Proud Flag Bearer of Russian Federation & Silver Medalist

Martina Hingis|Roger Federer|Stanislas Wawrinka|Grigor Dimitrov
Cherry. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30th, 2012, 12:00 AM   #798
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by vozas View Post
Some people say it plays too quick for Maria... If it plays as quick as Stuttgart she'll be fine. I am really curious though as to see how her serve holds up outdoors. It was great at the AO, and she really seems to have gotten the groove of it throughout a match on a consistent basis.

Otherwise, balls flying quickly and the surface slowing it down and bouncing at Maria's hitting zone sounds great. Hope she gets another go at Azarenka, but I'm sure BFFrena is DYING to screw up this rivalry :P
Maria served well at 2012 AO but the differences this week are that her serves are bigger (>105 mph, >110 mph several times) and her strike angles are steeper, more like the old times.
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30th, 2012, 12:10 AM   #799
country flag Craig.
MA5HA

Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18majors View Post
Chris Skelton‏@sharapovanovic

Only two players have won at least one title in each of the last 10 seasons (2003-12): Sharapova and Federer
GOATs
Craig. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30th, 2012, 12:47 AM   #800
country flag Fed_Ds

Fed_Ds is a name known to all Fed_Ds is a name known to all Fed_Ds is a name known to all Fed_Ds is a name known to all Fed_Ds is a name known to all Fed_Ds is a name known to all Fed_Ds is a name known to all Fed_Ds is a name known to all Fed_Ds is a name known to all Fed_Ds is a name known to all Fed_Ds is a name known to all

Maria!!!!!
What do we owe you for this masterclass?

brb, gonna go read the match thread in GM
Fed_Ds is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30th, 2012, 12:50 AM   #801
country flag vozas

vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute

Btw guys, can we agree this is probably Maria's biggest and most meaningful victory since she came back from injury?
vozas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30th, 2012, 01:22 AM   #802
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vozas View Post
Btw guys, can we agree this is probably Maria's biggest and most meaningful victory since she came back from injury?
Hard to say really. On the one hand, it is "just" a Tier2 (albeit one of the biggest). On the other hand, Azarenka was probably her biggest foe of recent times
On balance, I think Rome felt like more of a watershed moment because that was really the time where she finally announced her return to the elite after a 3-year exile.

That said, I felt like Kvitova and Azarenka were two of the players she really needed to get convincing wins over during the claycourt season to have the confidence to win RG. Now all she needs to do in either Rome or Madrid is finally beat Serena and give Radwanska a revenge beatdown and we'll be set
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30th, 2012, 01:26 AM   #803
country flag Craig.
MA5HA

Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, it sucks that she beat those players to ''only'' win Stuttgart, as much as I love this tournament.
Craig. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30th, 2012, 01:32 AM   #804
country flag JamieOwen3

JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute

When she won Rome it was awesome and it's her biggest title since her return, top 8 all in stuttgart and defeating 3 current slam title holders back to back shows she has what it takes to win another slam and I believe it's more impressive because of that.
Maria Sharapova Venus & Serena Martina Hingis Anna Kournikova Monica Seles Ana Ivanovic Victoria Azarenka Jelena Dokic Laura Robson Eugenie Bouchard Heather Watson Elena Baltacha R.I.P Petra Kvitova Donna Vekic

Official Siberian Death Stare Of The Maria Mafia
Andy Murray 2013 Wimbledon Champion. @TheGrandSlams
JamieOwen3 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30th, 2012, 01:36 AM   #805
country flag Charlatan
Diabolical

Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I am just thinking the same thing

On a different note, this is such a great season with maria getting revenges left and right

Dulko at AO and IW
Kvitova at AO and Stuttgart
Kirilenko at IW
LiNa at Miami
Wozniacki (if we are solely talking about the hardcourt, since she lost her last two hardcourt matches to woz) at Miami
Stosur and Azarenka at Stuttgart

Now we all know who else is left in her to-revenge list like dsander said
Though I am never going to believe she can win a set off of serena
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasey View Post
Can't grab a Slam, grab cash then
Charlatan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30th, 2012, 01:49 AM   #806
country flag perseus2006
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute

The Tennis Channel has a replay of the match scheduled for 45 minutes from now.
perseus2006 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30th, 2012, 02:10 AM   #807
country flag pedropt

pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute

I think beating Vika in Stuttgart is as meaningful as it was beating Karolina in Rome. Stuttgart still tops Rome though, she couldn't have had tougher opponents: best of the 5-8 group, best of the 3-4 group and world #1. And she played like a boss all three matches, serving greatly and not looking tight.
Old Apr 30th, 2012, 03:44 AM   #808
Crux Squall

Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickfalsetto View Post
Yeah, I am just thinking the same thing

On a different note, this is such a great season with maria getting revenges left and right

Dulko at AO and IW
Kvitova at AO and Stuttgart
Kirilenko at IW
LiNa at Miami
Wozniacki (if we are solely talking about the hardcourt, since she lost her last two hardcourt matches to woz) at Miami
Stosur and Azarenka at Stuttgart

Now we all know who else is left in her to-revenge list like dsander said
Though I am never going to believe she can win a set off of serena
I want her to revenge Arn, Safarova, DateKrumn, Oudin (Lead H2H 1-0 ) and Voskoboeva, Pennetta,Kerber
And I really want Maria will face Kerber, Serena, Venus and Barthel (especially Barthel)in Madrid and Rome
Suicide Tennis
Tipping Rank:#42
PAW Rank:#107
FITD Rank:#188.
Crux Squall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30th, 2012, 04:21 AM   #809
Crux Squall

Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future

Maria Sharapova vs. Players who were number one at the time of the match (6 - 6 | 50%)
Suicide Tennis
Tipping Rank:#42
PAW Rank:#107
FITD Rank:#188.

Last edited by Crux Squall : Apr 30th, 2012 at 04:32 AM.
Crux Squall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30th, 2012, 04:23 AM   #810
country flag atominside

atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future

Serena played Indian Wells last year?
atominside is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote