2012 Roland Garros - here we come - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 19th, 2012, 12:14 PM   #1
country flag Caipirinha Guy

Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute
2012 Roland Garros - here we come

This is a cheering thread for Roland Garros 2012. Aga seeded with "3". Ula in MD. GL!
Caipirinha Guy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 19th, 2012, 07:30 PM   #2
country flag saul1333
język

saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2012 Roland Garros - here we come

Crossing my fingers for good results
saul1333 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2012, 10:16 AM   #3

Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute

Agnieszka vs Jovanovski
Ula vs Parmentier

in the 1st round.
Keeping fingers crossed.
Old May 26th, 2012, 11:51 AM   #4
country flag awsk8er

awsk8er is a name known to all awsk8er is a name known to all awsk8er is a name known to all awsk8er is a name known to all awsk8er is a name known to all awsk8er is a name known to all awsk8er is a name known to all awsk8er is a name known to all awsk8er is a name known to all awsk8er is a name known to all awsk8er is a name known to all

Much as I hate to write it, I cant see her advancing deep into this tournament, to beat Venus, Sveta and most likely Ana in one competition is a tall order really. Hats off, if she can do it. anyway, go Aga!
awsk8er is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2012, 03:41 PM   #5
country flag MH1990

MH1990 is an unknown quantity at this point

Roland Garros MD

[1] Agnieszka Radwanska vs Bojana Jovanovski
Venus Williams vs Paula Ormaechea
Yung-Jan Chan vs Kateryna Bondarenko
Mirjana Lucic vs [26] Svetlana Kuznetsova

Very tough section, with Venus and Kuznetsova just to make R4, but both can be patchy so let's hope for the best If she were to make R4 she'd most likely play Errani or Ivanovic, then if she were to make the QF it'd probably be Kerber, Bartoli, Pennetta or Medina Garrigues. Apart from the first round, the QF looks like it might be the easiest match up until the SF

Best of luck to Agnieszka, I think Brussels has been good preparation for her because it's so slow!
MH1990 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2012, 03:44 PM   #6
country flag saul1333
język

saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute

Tough draw for both. Good luck
Old May 26th, 2012, 04:32 PM   #7
country flag mateusz2904
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

mateusz2904 has much to be proud of mateusz2904 has much to be proud of mateusz2904 has much to be proud of mateusz2904 has much to be proud of mateusz2904 has much to be proud of mateusz2904 has much to be proud of mateusz2904 has much to be proud of mateusz2904 has much to be proud of mateusz2904 has much to be proud of mateusz2904 has much to be proud of mateusz2904 has much to be proud of

It seems to be the worst quarter of the draw If Aga beats Venus, she should become more confident there and SF is possible. And Vika should be there because I don't see any player in her quarter who could beat her.

When it comes to Ula, she is able to make a surprise in R2, if she manages to win her first match.

TT SINGLES: 4 Olomouc'11, Barcelona'12, Olympics'12, French Open'13, Charleston'14, Bad Gastein'14, Baku'14, Montreal'14
TT DOUBLES: 2 w/AdeyC Bogota'10'11, Karuizawa'10, Montpellier'10, Birmingham'11, Poitiers'11, Bratislava'11, Zawada'12, Bad Gastein'13'14, Wimbledon'14
mateusz2904 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2012, 05:28 PM   #8
country flag awsk8er

awsk8er is a name known to all awsk8er is a name known to all awsk8er is a name known to all awsk8er is a name known to all awsk8er is a name known to all awsk8er is a name known to all awsk8er is a name known to all awsk8er is a name known to all awsk8er is a name known to all awsk8er is a name known to all awsk8er is a name known to all

beacuse it is the worst quarter. on the positive side, if she beats Venus , Sveta nad Ana none of the trolls on here will be able to say that she had an easy draw.
Old May 26th, 2012, 09:11 PM   #9
country flag Malva

Malva has a reputation beyond repute Malva has a reputation beyond repute Malva has a reputation beyond repute Malva has a reputation beyond repute Malva has a reputation beyond repute Malva has a reputation beyond repute Malva has a reputation beyond repute Malva has a reputation beyond repute Malva has a reputation beyond repute Malva has a reputation beyond repute Malva has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by awsk8er View Post
if she beats Venus, Sveta nad Ana none of the trolls on here will be able to say that she had an easy draw.
I seriously doubt that: a typical GM hater is cooked in his own hate, is incapable of anything but hate, a looser with no goals and without any achievements in his own life, compensating this by basking in the success of his fave (applies especially to Sharapova's fanboys), and by loitering at the GM, in some cases 24 hours a day, showing what a worthless person he is. Similar sociopathic individuals would not be tolerated in any civilized place, this is the whole reason why you find them in such numbers here: ludicrous lack of moderation is responsible for this situation, and none of us is capable of changing that.

My experience is telling me that responding or even noting their existence is naive and pointless to the extreme. For any form of dialog to make sense, the parties involved must display the minimum of good will.

So, my advice is: don't feel inhibited from saying whatever interesting you can say, respond and talk to those who display some good will and reason, ignoring existence of the sociopaths. Valuable discussions occasionally take place in the GM after all, and valuable posts happen too, even though they constitute probably less than 1% of the overall total.
Malva is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2012, 09:42 PM   #10
country flag SoBizarre

SoBizarre has a brilliant future SoBizarre has a brilliant future SoBizarre has a brilliant future SoBizarre has a brilliant future SoBizarre has a brilliant future SoBizarre has a brilliant future SoBizarre has a brilliant future SoBizarre has a brilliant future SoBizarre has a brilliant future SoBizarre has a brilliant future SoBizarre has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malva View Post
I seriously doubt that: a typical GM hater is cooked in his own hate, is incapable of anything but hate, a looser with no goals and without any achievements in his own life, compensating this by basking in the success of his fave (applies especially to Sharapova's fanboys), and by loitering at the GM, in some cases 24 hours a day, showing what a worthless person he is. Similar sociopathic individuals would not be tolerated in any civilized place, this is the whole reason why you find them in such numbers here: ludicrous lack of moderation is responsible for this situation, and none of us is capable of changing that.

My experience is telling me that responding or even noting their existence is naive and pointless to the extreme. For any form of dialog to make sense, the parties involved must display the minimum of good will.

So, my advice is: don't feel inhibited from saying whatever interesting you can say, respond and talk to those who display some good will and reason, ignoring existence of the sociopaths. Valuable discussions occasionally take place in the GM after all, and valuable posts happen too, even though they constitute probably less than 1% of the overall total.
To make a long story short (no pun intended ), make a use of your ignore list and DNFTT.
Old May 26th, 2012, 09:53 PM   #11
country flag awsk8er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malva View Post

oh I understand all that very well, but its sometimes really difficult to ignore them, and read X number of insults everyday.However, I shall survive

(yes I know its a tennis forum )
Old May 26th, 2012, 09:59 PM   #12

"On clay I think I need longer to warm up, not just the five minutes before the match," Radwanska said afterwards. "At the end I won nine games in a row - it was a good comeback, I think. And it's always great to win a tournament.

"I'm happy to get some good preparation in ahead of the French Open."

http://www.wtatennis.com/news/201205...256076_2789314

This tournament was a good WARM UP I think. At least she will start her RG without any rustiness. Girl knows what she's doing.
Old May 27th, 2012, 01:00 AM   #13
country flag Cinek

Cinek has a brilliant future Cinek has a brilliant future Cinek has a brilliant future Cinek has a brilliant future Cinek has a brilliant future Cinek has a brilliant future Cinek has a brilliant future Cinek has a brilliant future Cinek has a brilliant future Cinek has a brilliant future Cinek has a brilliant future

Go sisters!

Like us on Facebook!
Follow us on Twitter
Also in Tumblr
Cinek is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2012, 10:37 AM   #14
country flag Simugna Help

Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute

RG courts are noticeably faster than Brussels, good for Aga
Simugna Help is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2012, 01:04 PM   #15
country flag saul1333
język

Liezel Huber USA (1) / Lisa Raymond USA (1) v Kaia Kanepi EST / Shuai Zhang CHN
Irena Pavlovic FRA / Aravane Rezai FRA v Stephanie Foretz Gacon FRA / Kristina Mladenovic FRA
Casey Dellacqua AUS / Alexandra Panova RUS v Eva Birnerova CZE / Petra Cetkovska CZE
Irina-Camelia Begu ROU / Shahar Peer ISR v Jarmila Gajdosova AUS (14) / Anastasia Rodionova AUS (14)
Nuria Llagostera Vives ESP (12) / Maria Jose Martinez Sanchez ESP (12) v Klaudia Jans-Ignacik POL / Alla Kudryavtseva RUS
Janette Husarova SVK / Christina McHale USA v Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova RUS / Lucie Safarova CZE
Flavia Pennetta ITA / Francesca Schiavone ITA v Sorana Cirstea ROU / Ayumi Morita JPN
Angelique Kerber GER / Agnieszka Radwanska POL v Iveta Benesova CZE (8) / Barbora Zahlavova Strycova CZE (8)

Sara Errani ITA (4) / Roberta Vinci ITA (4) v Alberta Brianti ITA / Patricia Mayr-Achleitner AUT
Timea Babos HUN / Su-Wei Hsieh TPE v Alize Cornet FRA / Virginie Razzano FRA
Caroline Garcia FRA / Mathilde Johansson FRA v Eleni Daniilidou GRE / Mandy Minella LUX
Gisela Dulko ARG / Paola Suarez ARG v Bethanie Mattek-Sands USA (15) / Sania Mirza IND (15)
Natalie Grandin RSA (9) / Vladimira Uhlirova CZE (9) v Sofia Arvidsson SWE / Johanna Larsson SWE
Hao-Ching Chan TPE / Yung-Jan Chan TPE v Jamie Hampton USA / Chanelle Scheepers RSA
Dominika Cibulkova SVK / Saisai Zheng CHN v Claire Feuerstein FRA / Victoria Larriere FRA
Julia Goerges GER / Samantha Stosur AUS v Ekaterina Makarova RUS (6) / Elena Vesnina RUS (6)

Maria Kirilenko RUS (7) / Nadia Petrova RUS (7) v Lourdes Dominguez Lino ESP / Romina Oprandi SUI
Akgul Amanmuradova UZB / Kateryna Bondarenko UKR v Carla Suarez Navarro ESP / Anastasiya Yakimova BLR
Chia-Jung Chuang TPE / Vera Dushevina RUS v Polona Hercog SLO / Urszula Radwanska POL
Iryna Bremond FRA / Sophie Lefevre FRA v Anabel Medina Garrigues ESP (11) / Arantxa Parra Santonja ESP (11)
Marina Erakovic NZL (16) / Monica Niculescu ROU (16) v Severine Beltrame FRA / Laura Thorpe FRA
Shuai Peng CHN / Jie Zheng CHN v Mona Barthel GER / Varvara Lepchenko USA
Simona Halep ROU / Aleksandra Wozniak CAN v Alexandra Cadantu ROU / Anne Keothavong GBR
Tamira Paszek AUT / Jasmin Woehr GER v Vania King USA (3) / Yaroslava Shvedova KAZ (3)

Andrea Hlavackova CZE (5) / Lucie Hradecka CZE (5) v Julie Coin FRA / Pauline Parmentier FRA
Greta Arn HUN / Tsvetana Pironkova BUL v Anna-Lena Groenefeld GER / Petra Martic CRO
Sloane Stephens USA / Yanina Wickmayer BEL v Liga Dekmeijere LAT / Tamarine Tanasugarn THA
Andreja Klepac SLO / Alicja Rosolska POL v Raquel Kops-Jones USA (10) / Abigail Spears USA (10)
Svetlana Kuznetsova RUS (13) / Vera Zvonareva RUS (13) v Darya Kustova BLR / Anna Tatishvili GEO
Renata Voracova CZE / Klara Zakopalova CZE v Kimiko Date-Krumm JPN / Rika Fujiwara JPN
Ksenia Pervak KAZ / Lesia Tsurenko UKR v Olga Govortsova BLR / Galina Voskoboeva KAZ
Kristina Barrois GER / Darija Jurak CRO v Kveta Peschke CZE (2) / Katarina Srebotnik SLO (2)