Czech Republic vs Italy Fed Cup Semi Final 2012 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Czech Republic vs Italy Fed Cup Semi Final 2012

Czech Republic 11 84.62%
Italy 2 15.38%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old Apr 1st, 2012, 02:12 AM   #1
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute
Czech Republic vs Italy Fed Cup Semi Final 2012

The czechas are the favourites, chosing the venue as their favourite surface, indoor hard
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 2nd, 2012, 02:50 AM   #2
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Czech Republic vs Italy Fed Cup Semi Final 2012

Will be interesting to see if the Czechs nominate Cetkovska or Zakopalova so they can play the Olympics since Hradecka is falling down and BZS isn't doing well either (in singles)

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2012, 08:03 AM   #3
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute

Im guessing Italy has its usual lineup of Errani, Vinci, Pennetta & Schiavone

Who will Czech have? Safarova, Kvitova, and then Its just a pain for them having to chose a girl

ZARINA DIYAS. QIANG WANG. SHILIN XU. AYUMI MORITA.
LESIA TSURENKO. ALIZÉ LIM. ANA IVANOVIC. JULIA GOERGES.
CASEY DELLACQUA. NAIKTHA BAINS. PRISCILLA HON. DESTANEE AIAVA.
Kəv. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2012, 09:50 AM   #4
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Benesova, Hradecka, Hlaveackova and Kvitova will be best lineup IMO
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23rd, 2012, 05:47 PM   #5
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.fedcup.com/en/news/articl...her-final.aspx

Quote:
Kvitova leads Czechs into another Final

OSTRAVA, CZECH REPUBLIC: The Czech Republic are through to a second successive final in the Fed Cup by BNP Paribas after securing an unassailable 3-0 lead over the world No. 1 nation, Italy. Petra Kvitova’s third-rubber 64 76 victory over Francesca Schiavone confirmed their progression after a ruthless display of dominance in Ostrava.

After playing in front of a Czech crowd for the first time in over two years Petr Pala couldn’t hide his pride. The horns and drums were still booming from the partisan support in the CEZ Arena when he spoke after the third rubber. He said: “I can’t be any prouder than this. Three out of three against such a strong team, I’m very proud. Francesca put up a great fight, but I believe Petra was a little better and deserved to win.”

The challenge on the day two was always going to be extremely difficult for Italy who had never overturned a 2-0 deficit in their history. That was to remain the case when the two countries’ number ones went head-to-head in the opening match of the day.

There were several breaks of serve before a tense moment at 5-4. On Kvitova’s third set point she struck what she believed to be a winner and promptly ran to her chair in celebration, but hidden under the mild euphoria from the supporters there was a call of out. They challenged and the call was confirmed so back to the baseline she trudged.

Strangely, it was Schiavone who appeared the one adversely affected as she immediately double-faulted before a wayward backhand slice gave the Wimbledon champion the opening set.

A fired up Italian looked desperate to prove a point and she consequently found a break in the fifth game of the second set with some more deep sliced returns against a Kvitova serve beginning to show signs of tension.

Anxiety got the better of Schiavone though when attempting to serve out the second set. Her serve got noticeably weaker and just like yesterday, Kvitova catapulted back some deadly returns at the most important moments to break and ultimately force the tiebreak.

This time the World No. 3 was in the zone. There was a steely determination in her eyes that suggested she was going to seize the initiative and she did so in style. At the change of ends, almost all the pressure was off after some more power hitting saw her open up a 6-0 lead. Schiavone was blown away with Kvitova clinching it on her second match point to spark delirious celebrations among the over 7,000 Czech spectators.

Petra Kvitova said “It’s an unbelievable feeling. I really wanted to be again in the final. I hope that the public that was here come to support us in the final again.” She added: “Every Fed Cup I’m playing I’m nervous. Francesca played unbelievable tennis. I’m very happy I won.”

Schiavone felt the difference was largely down Kvitova playing better at the most intense moments. She said: “When you are so close with the score, you never know. I had a lot of chances. She played better than me at these moments. She played some good points when I was serving for the set and in the tiebreak. I was close."

In the final dead rubbers Sara Errani restored some pride to the Italian side with a 26 62 62 comeback victory against Andrea Hlavackova before she was forced to retire, playing alongside Flavia Pennetta, when leading 6-5 in the first set of the doubles leaving the final score 4-1 in favour of Czech Republic.

Petr Pala is already looking forward to a home tie in November’s final against either Russia or Serbia, while his Italian counterpart Corrado Barazzutti emphasised that the fast hard courts made the telling difference. That’s a contrasting story to almost exactly two years ago. In 2010, Italy revelled on the slow clay courts in Rome to demolish the Czechs 5-0. How times change.

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23rd, 2012, 06:36 PM   #6
country flag laylawguw

laylawguw is an unknown quantity at this point

It works well!

Last edited by laylawguw : Apr 23rd, 2012 at 06:42 PM.
laylawguw is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20th, 2012, 07:53 PM   #7
country flag Marcisek

Marcisek is a glorious beacon of light Marcisek is a glorious beacon of light Marcisek is a glorious beacon of light Marcisek is a glorious beacon of light Marcisek is a glorious beacon of light Marcisek is a glorious beacon of light Marcisek is a glorious beacon of light Marcisek is a glorious beacon of light Marcisek is a glorious beacon of light Marcisek is a glorious beacon of light Marcisek is a glorious beacon of light

CZE vs. Italy: Kvitova takes 2 wins, but doubles is 50/50
Marcisek is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st, 2012, 10:53 AM   #8
country flag aactioner

aactioner is just really nice aactioner is just really nice aactioner is just really nice aactioner is just really nice aactioner is just really nice aactioner is just really nice aactioner is just really nice aactioner is just really nice aactioner is just really nice aactioner is just really nice aactioner is just really nice

Win for CZE.

Last edited by aactioner : Nov 15th, 2012 at 11:47 AM.
aactioner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote