Fed (Federation) Cup Trophy Pictures - 4 Left! - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 27th, 2013, 10:03 PM   #46
country flag TennisFan75

TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Fed (Federation) Cup Trophy Pictures - 6 Left!

there is a photo in Hana's book of the a cup team with the trophy but it doesn't give the year. I dont have a scanner or I would post it.
Advertisement

Old Apr 28th, 2013, 03:01 PM   #47
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute

^Well, she has won it 3 times, and here are the 3 different looks of her with the trophy. Which one is it?

T-shirt and long hair.

Long hair and blue track suit.

Short hair and blue track suit.

Last edited by Uranium : Apr 28th, 2013 at 03:09 PM.
Uranium is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3rd, 2013, 05:06 AM   #48
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute

2013 Champion added later today, but still need 1966, 1968, 1970, 1974, 1984!

Old Nov 7th, 2013, 02:43 PM   #49
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute

I will be back next week to push for those last years Uranium.
Rollo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9th, 2013, 04:33 PM   #50
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute

Ok-we are missing 1966, 1968, 1970, 1974, 1984.

1966 and 1974 were in Italy. Can Jimbo help us with these?

1968 was in Paris. Perhaps Andy T can help?

1984 was Brazil. Perhaps some Brazilians on GM can assist?

I have sent AndrewTas and TennisVideos a PM requesting help for 1970.

Lets get these elusive pics.

Last edited by Rollo : Nov 9th, 2013 at 04:41 PM.
Old Nov 17th, 2013, 05:48 PM   #51
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

I set up a thread here to with 1984.

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthrea...1#post35679641

Uranium-it seems to me that you have pictures from both 1984 and 1985. the pic with palm trees MUST be Sao Paulo. I know we are looking for a better pic-but if we have to we can say with confidence it is 1984.
Old Nov 17th, 2013, 05:50 PM   #52
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

This must be 1985. The surface and the heavy use of NEC make it clear this was Japan.
Old Nov 17th, 2013, 08:02 PM   #53
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

^Yeah, those are the years. But 1984 only has Hana in it I actually took opposite approach regarding 1984 and ask the Czech forum if they had any info/pics. And I have to put in 1985, but lazy...

Old Nov 29th, 2013, 06:50 AM   #54
tennisvideos
Love the Legends of Tennis

tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Rollo I am in touch with the president of the Australian Federation Cup Foundation now so I will ask about those pics you requested. Fingers crossed
60s/70s: Evonne Goolagong .. Francoise Durr .. Chris Evert .. Margaret Court .. Nancy Richey .. Maria Bueno .. Billie-Jean King .. Lesley Turner .. Virginia Wade .. Ken Rosewall .. Rod Laver .. Bjorn Borg ..
Entertainers: .. Diana Ross .. Dionne Warwick .. Shirley Bassey .. Randy Crawford .. Burt Bacharach .. ABBA .. Woody Allen .. Maggie Smith .. Gena Rowlands .. Judy Davis .. Heath Ledger .. Little Britain ..
Inspiration: .. Jeshua Ben Josepth .. Conversations with God .. Abraham with Esther & Jerry Hicks .. P'taah ..
tennisvideos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29th, 2013, 06:56 PM   #55
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Quote:
Hello Rollo I am in touch with the president of the Australian Federation Cup Foundation now so I will ask about those pics you requested. Fingers crossed
It would answer my prayers TV. For sentimental reasons I would really like to see a pic from 1970. Australia has such a rich history in the Fed Cup, so for now my fingers will will stay firmly crossed.

P.S. Hope the Tegart tribute went well
Old Nov 29th, 2013, 10:21 PM   #56
country flag Sumarokov-Elston

Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uranium View Post
^Well, she has won it 3 times, and here are the 3 different looks of her with the trophy. Which one is it?

T-shirt and long hair.

This looks like Hana from 1983.
Sumarokov-Elston is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29th, 2013, 05:02 AM   #57
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumarokov-Elston View Post
This looks like Hana from 1983.
It is

Google is offering me up nothing. You'd think since it was the 50th year at least one from each year would pop up somewhere

Old Jan 7th, 2014, 12:47 PM   #58
country flag HanaFanGA

HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold

The one pic that I have seen from the 1983 Fed Cup title in Zurich showed Hana with slightly permed long hair and a plain white shirt with no sponsor patches. For some reason when she was with Ellesse she couldn't wear the official Czech outfit by Adidas. This changed when she switched to Reebok in 84. She also played this event with an unmarked Wilson graphite that I suppose she was testing. By the US Open she was with the marked Wilson Ultra 2 that she played with for the next 5 years.
Old Feb 18th, 2014, 03:38 PM   #59
country flag preacherfan

preacherfan is a name known to all preacherfan is a name known to all preacherfan is a name known to all preacherfan is a name known to all preacherfan is a name known to all preacherfan is a name known to all preacherfan is a name known to all preacherfan is a name known to all preacherfan is a name known to all preacherfan is a name known to all preacherfan is a name known to all

One Federation Cup match I'd like to see all the way through is the doubles match of the 1987 final. Shriver had beaten Kohde-Kilsch and Graf killed Evert. I remember that the Americans were up like 61 41 and lost. The third set is on youtube and there are some great points played. Evert and Graf both show their abilities as very good doubles players along with two of the great doubles players of the time. Anyone see that match (especially the 2nd set comeback)?
Old Feb 22nd, 2014, 04:55 PM   #60
country flag Ms. Anthropic

Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by preacherfan View Post
One Federation Cup match I'd like to see all the way through is the doubles match of the 1987 final. Shriver had beaten Kohde-Kilsch and Graf killed Evert. I remember that the Americans were up like 61 41 and lost. The third set is on youtube and there are some great points played. Evert and Graf both show their abilities as very good doubles players along with two of the great doubles players of the time. Anyone see that match (especially the 2nd set comeback)?
The first set and the early part of the second was a lot of good doubles play by Shriver and a lot of sleep-walking by Kohde-Kilsch. Somewhere around 4-0 down, Steffi made a "Now we have them right where we want them" kind of comment and Claudia woke up or loosened up and remembered she was actually one of the best doubles players in the world. And then Evert started to make some mistakes.
Ms. Anthropic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote