Andrea Jaeger Video Tribute - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 27th, 2007, 10:49 PM   #1
country flag HanaFanGA

HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold
Andrea Jaeger Video Tribute

Someone called "PlushHoney" has kindly made a tribute to the "Illinois Kid" as Bud Collins used to call her. It's a series of pics set to a Queen song. It's worth a look.

Now, the only thing I wanna know from you guys is, who s "PlushHoney?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqBF_3vBF84

Last edited by HanaFanGA : Mar 28th, 2007 at 01:21 PM.
HanaFanGA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 27th, 2007, 11:01 PM   #2
country flag HammerToFall

HammerToFall is a name known to all HammerToFall is a name known to all HammerToFall is a name known to all HammerToFall is a name known to all HammerToFall is a name known to all HammerToFall is a name known to all HammerToFall is a name known to all HammerToFall is a name known to all HammerToFall is a name known to all HammerToFall is a name known to all HammerToFall is a name known to all
Re: Andrea Jaeger Video Tribute

Thanks for putting the link up here, HanaFanGA!

It's a really lovely video, and don't you just love the song Jaegs wanted to "break free" alright!

Ah, the mysterious PlushHoney strikes again....

Please contact me with any Jaeger matches you have! I can offer swaps or $$$!
HammerToFall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2007, 11:19 PM   #3

HammerToFall is a name known to all HammerToFall is a name known to all HammerToFall is a name known to all HammerToFall is a name known to all HammerToFall is a name known to all HammerToFall is a name known to all HammerToFall is a name known to all HammerToFall is a name known to all HammerToFall is a name known to all HammerToFall is a name known to all HammerToFall is a name known to all

Seeing as though Plush did such a nice job with the Jaeger video, maybe you should ask 'em to do a Hana one for you!

Old Mar 27th, 2007, 11:32 PM   #4
country flag HanaFanGA

HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerToFall View Post
Seeing as though Plush did such a nice job with the Jaeger video, maybe you should ask 'em to do a Hana one for you!
One day when I master screenshots and such I might just do that myself. It would be a fun project to work on.

This person did a great job on Andrea I thought. It was a nice song for her personality. And I really enjoyed the pics used. I especially like pics of Andrea from 1982 and 1983. There were a couple from the 82 French and several each from Wimbledon 1983 and Fed Cup 1983.
Old Mar 27th, 2007, 11:42 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanaFanGA View Post
One day when I master screenshots and such I might just do that myself. It would be a fun project to work on.
Let me know if you ever get it done!

I'd like to czech that out! (sorry about the bad joke)

Old Mar 28th, 2007, 12:39 PM   #6
country flag PlushHoney

PlushHoney is just really nice PlushHoney is just really nice PlushHoney is just really nice PlushHoney is just really nice PlushHoney is just really nice PlushHoney is just really nice PlushHoney is just really nice PlushHoney is just really nice PlushHoney is just really nice PlushHoney is just really nice PlushHoney is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanaFanGA View Post
This person did a great job on Andrea I thought. It was a nice song for her personality. And I really enjoyed the pics used. I especially like pics of Andrea from 1982 and 1983. There were a couple from the 82 French and several each from Wimbledon 1983 and Fed Cup 1983.
Thanks a million for the kudos, HanaFan!!! I'm really glad that you liked the vid!!! : I'm also glad that you feel that the song suits Rockys personality- I thought the exact same thing, that's the reason why I chose the song!

I agree with Hammer, I would love to see your video tribute to Hana, if you get to making one! I'm sure that you would do a great job!

If I was making one, I think that I would use the song "Tear It Up" from Queen's album "The Works"..... It has always reminded me of Hana's personality, for some reason!
Old Mar 28th, 2007, 01:20 PM   #7
country flag HanaFanGA

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlushHoney View Post
Thanks a million for the kudos, HanaFan!!! I'm really glad that you liked the vid!!! : I'm also glad that you feel that the song suits Rockys personality- I thought the exact same thing, that's the reason why I chose the song!

I agree with Hammer, I would love to see your video tribute to Hana, if you get to making one! I'm sure that you would do a great job!

If I was making one, I think that I would use the song "Tear It Up" from Queen's album "The Works"..... It has always reminded me of Hana's personality, for some reason!
No, THANK YOU for making that! I really enjoyed it. Andrea will always hold a special place in my heart because the first tennis match I ever remember seeing live on television was her 1981 US Clay Courts win over Virginia Ruzici. Andrea also played in the first Wimbledon final I ever saw live. She made a big impression on me and I rooted so hard for her to get back into that second set.

I love Martina. But back then my top 3 players to root for were Hana, Andrea, and Ruzici. I hated for Andrea to leave us so soon. I suppose because of her age I thought I would get more chances to see her play live.
Old Mar 28th, 2007, 03:08 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlushHoney View Post

Old Mar 28th, 2007, 03:30 PM   #9
country flag OrdinaryfoolisNJ

OrdinaryfoolisNJ has a brilliant future OrdinaryfoolisNJ has a brilliant future OrdinaryfoolisNJ has a brilliant future OrdinaryfoolisNJ has a brilliant future OrdinaryfoolisNJ has a brilliant future OrdinaryfoolisNJ has a brilliant future OrdinaryfoolisNJ has a brilliant future OrdinaryfoolisNJ has a brilliant future OrdinaryfoolisNJ has a brilliant future OrdinaryfoolisNJ has a brilliant future OrdinaryfoolisNJ has a brilliant future

I enjoyed it. Thanks, Plush Honey.

"I still feel in the back of my mind that when Serena is committed and in shape, she's the best player"
Chris Evert ESPN May 2007
OrdinaryfoolisNJ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2014, 04:11 AM   #10
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute

Here's what I think is a cool interview of Andrea from the David Letterman show in 1983. Fun to see her off court:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibJqr1-UOt4
Rollo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2014, 04:17 AM   #11
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute

OMG funny --she talks about an escapade at Wimbledon sans underwear AND dished about the incident where she shoved someone after some words-does anyone remember the other woman involved?
Old Apr 27th, 2014, 11:36 AM   #12
country flag Ms. Anthropic

Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
OMG funny --she talks about an escapade at Wimbledon sans underwear AND dished about the incident where she shoved someone after some words-does anyone remember the other woman involved?
Renee Blount. And I don't think they were laughing about it at the time. Luckily for Andrea, the rules were different then. If it happened today, she'd probably be suspended and/or fined.

http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost....&postcount=289
Ms. Anthropic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2014, 10:56 PM   #13
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Quote:
While we're on the tennis players behaving badly theme...

JAEGER DENIES PUTTING A FIST ON HER OPPONENT
The Miami Herald
Friday, August 12, 1983
DICK HELLER

So why did Andrea Jaeger, the world's third-ranked women's tennis player, allegedly beat up on opponent Renee Blount after a doubles match Wednesday in a tournament at Manhattan Beach, Calif.?

Blount's partner, Camille Benjamin, says she heard Jaeger mutter, "There's something about her I don't like," during the match. But the real reason, we suppose, could involve the continual pressures and tensions that appear when one is 18, relatively rich and famous.

The problem between the two began on court after the second set. "Andrea was acting kind of crazy," Benjamin said. "She kept trying to hit Renee with the ball."

The morning after, Jaeger denied that she subsequently had hit Blount, pushed her and slammed her up against a locker-room wall, as Benjamin had claimed.

"I didn't punch her or push her," Jaeger said. "I said, 'Why don't we talk this over in the bathroom?' I nudged her trying to push her in. She went against the door, and she slipped and fell."

Blount, of course, described the circumstances differently.

"I waited outside the locker room for 10 minutes after she went in," Blount said. "When I did, she started shoving and pushing me. I ended up falling to the ground. No words were exchanged. I think it was very unprofessional."

The immediate question at hand is whether the Women's Tennis Association will discipline Jaeger. "It happened off court, and that makes a hell of a difference," President Jerry Diamond said. The WTA will review the incident and make a ruling before next month's U.S. Open.
Thanks Mrs A! You are right of course. The Diamond quote floors me. One wonders what the reaction would have been had lower ranked and non-star Blout done the shoving.

Peter Bodo wrote that by this point Andrea was a real loose cannon-even taking to carrying a switchblade.

Deep down I feel for Andrea. Like Tracy Austin and Evert in the early 70s she was deeply feared by the other women and perhaps even shunned. Sure, a lot was self destructive, but a saner parental influence might have kept her out of trouble.
Old Apr 28th, 2014, 01:21 PM   #14
country flag Ms. Anthropic

Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
Thanks Mrs A! You are right of course. The Diamond quote floors me. One wonders what the reaction would have been had lower ranked and non-star Blout done the shoving.

Peter Bodo wrote that by this point Andrea was a real loose cannon-even taking to carrying a switchblade.

Deep down I feel for Andrea. Like Tracy Austin and Evert in the early 70s she was deeply feared by the other women and perhaps even shunned. Sure, a lot was self destructive, but a saner parental influence might have kept her out of trouble.
Yet another reason why I say there is no way to compare eras, even times as close as 1983-1984 and 1987-1988. There were so many things that the stars or "promoter's pet" players could get away with that just weren't possible a few years later. As bad as Jennifer Capriati's tailspin was, it never reached the stage of public physical violence against another player. And imagine what it would have been like if Steffi or Serena shoved someone to the ground in the locker room (or cursed out a policeman while stopped for speeding or walked off the court before play was called, etc.)

There are times when I don't know whether to laugh or groan at some of the attempts to portray the early WTA as one big happy family. "Oh, we all got along so much better than these kids today do!" Uh huh.
Ms. Anthropic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2014, 06:27 PM   #15
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Quote:
(or cursed out a policeman while stopped for speeding or walked off the court before play was called, etc.)
Did Andrea do that as well? Oh my....