Pac 12 - Page 97 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 20th, 2013, 11:53 PM   #1441
country flag slickshoes510

slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Pac 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by tie_breaker View Post
I was watching what I could too on the video feed. Hope they clean the lenses on court #1.

Zhao had a tough time out there fighting against a backboard. Ultimately, she made too many unforced errors into the net. I don't think she was use to the pace coming too slow

Doyle looked great and was hitting the ball great, especially her forehand. I thought Davidson made a nice comeback down 1-4 in the second set, but she had the toughest opponent out there today.
Stanford might have gained more than they lost from last season. I can't wait for dual matches.
slickshoes510 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 21st, 2013, 12:03 AM   #1442
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickshoes510 View Post
Stanford might have gained more than they lost from last season. I can't wait for dual matches.
Especially, when you consider that they were always down 0-1 at the #6 position.
tie_breaker is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21st, 2013, 12:55 AM   #1443
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Q Klocker/Rey d. Doyle/Hardebeck 8-5

Klocker/Rey who?

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21st, 2013, 05:04 AM   #1444
country flag cowsonice

cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
cowsonice you must be torn between Denise winning and Krista losing
Denise winning!
Just because I see her around sometimes

Faves: Sharapova, Hantuchova, Safarova, Goerges
GO BEARS!
cowsonice is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21st, 2013, 05:51 AM   #1445
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowsonice View Post
Denise winning!
Just because I see her around sometimes
Where's the loyalty to Krista
I guess out of sight, out of mind

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Old Oct 21st, 2013, 08:21 PM   #1446
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Jenny schooling Caroline with her consummate skill

Wonder what's the SW R Final dbls score?

Maybe USC should put the dbls lineup in a following order considering their Fall results so far;

1.Gugu/Zoe
2.Brynn/Zoe
3.KK/Sabs

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Oct 21st, 2013, 09:52 PM   #1447
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Jenny schooling Caroline with her consummate skill
This is what's wrong with college tennis.

That "consummate skill" would be getting bagels on the pro tour.

It's good enough in college because not many college players can consistently put away a short ball, make a passing shot, and win some easy points on a serve.
Old Oct 21st, 2013, 09:54 PM   #1448
country flag tie_breaker

Quote:

Maybe USC should put the dbls lineup in a following order considering their Fall results so far;

1.Gugu/Zoe
2.Brynn/Zoe
3.KK/Sabs

Well, USC did have a hard time at the #3 spot so this may help their chances
Old Oct 21st, 2013, 10:32 PM   #1449
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Quote:

It's good enough in college because not many college players can consistently put away a short ball, make a passing shot, and win some easy points on a serve.
You 're too harsh on Caroline

Did you see Jenny move Caroline around so effectively with variety

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Oct 21st, 2013, 10:35 PM   #1450
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Quote:
Well, USC did have a hard time at the #3 spot so this may help their chances
Yeah I like their chance winning #3 this time against Stanford..to whom did Caroline/Krista lost again?

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Oct 21st, 2013, 10:47 PM   #1451
country flag tie_breaker

Quote:
You 're too harsh on Caroline

Did you see Jenny move Caroline around so effectively with variety
I could NOT see the spin of the ball because of the video cam, but all I could see was that the ball was coming back towards the middle of the court and short. Sabs or Gibbsy would have hit a forehand with enough spin to make it go wide left.

For the most part, Jenny was able to get ball back and run it down from side to side and wait for her opponent to make the winner. I saw more unforced errors than winners. That's college tennis.

Last edited by tie_breaker : Oct 22nd, 2013 at 05:19 AM.
Old Oct 21st, 2013, 10:48 PM   #1452
country flag tie_breaker

Quote:
Yeah I like their chance winning #3 this time against Stanford..to whom did Caroline/Krista lost again?
I don't know...never heard of them
Old Oct 21st, 2013, 10:50 PM   #1453
country flag tie_breaker

Quote:

1.Gugu/Zoe
2.Brynn/Zoe
3.KK/Sabs

USC may have one of the top 3 best doubles line-up in the nation...no disagreement there.
Old Oct 22nd, 2013, 05:21 AM   #1454
country flag tie_breaker

Championship Tuesday Set
Courtesy: Stanford Athletics
Release: 10/21/2013
Send this article to a friend
STANFORD, Calif.- Championship Tuesday at the USTA/ITA Northwest Regional Championships will have a definite Stanford feel, with Kristie Ahn attempting to claim titles in both singles and doubles.

Ahn, who won the same event as a freshman in 2010, is seeking her third career singles crown after Monday’s 6-0, 6-1 semifinal victory over top-seeded Zsofia Susanyi of California. Ahn has looked sharp throughout the tournament, winning all her matches in straight sets.

Ahn’s opponent in the 12:30 p.m. championship match will be Jenny Jullien of Saint Mary’s. Jullien defeated Cardinal freshman Caroline Doyle 7-6 (5), 6-2 in the other semifinal. Doyle’s tournament run had been even more impressive, surrendering no more than four games in a set prior to Monday.

Tuesday’s 10:30 a.m. doubles final will be an all-Stanford affair, with Taylor Davidson and Ellen Tsay squaring off against Ahn and Carol Zhao.
Old Oct 22nd, 2013, 05:50 PM   #1455
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Quote:

Why do you even WATCH college tennis then? Or WTA, for that matter? You do know they also routinely DF and sink overheads?

Denigrating Jenny's win..

tsk tsk!

- Woodrow Wilson

Last edited by fantic : Oct 22nd, 2013 at 07:43 PM.