Pac 12 - Page 96 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 6th, 2013, 04:31 AM   #1426
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold
Re: Pac 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
Even though Amber Liu was there, and even though I wasn't even watching this match
What Fan? You went there to check out Amber Liu and not the match

Was Michael Chang there?
tie_breaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 6th, 2013, 05:04 AM   #1427
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tie_breaker View Post
I am so rooting for Anderson and Brady for the doubles final
I don't care about the outcome, remember this is USC's #2 team, I'm just content that they routed Stanford's #1 team

Quote:
What Fan? You went there to check out Amber Liu and not the match

Was Michael Chang there?
Read my blog

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th, 2013, 05:33 AM   #1428
country flag darrinbaker00
Serena's #1 Hater

darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
tiebreaker you should 'behave yourself' i just unfreed you from my ignore list but I'm sorely tempted to add back again It's hard enough tolerating your smug remarks after the NCAA win

This stupid darrin character, just added to ignore
Exactly how much did you get for selling your sense of humor on eBay?
"He who finds a wife finds a good thing, and obtains favor from the Lord." -- Proverbs 18:22

"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard." -- Herb Brooks

"A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life." -- Muhammad Ali
darrinbaker00 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th, 2013, 06:12 AM   #1429
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I don't care about the outcome, remember this is USC's #2 team, I'm just content that they routed Stanford's #1 team
I think the teams playing in the qualifiers had more match play, which worked to their advantage.

Besides, Ahn was playing with a cold and Carol was trying not to get too close to her

USC's doubles team are lucky losers so enough said...

Last edited by tie_breaker : Oct 6th, 2013 at 06:40 AM.
Old Oct 6th, 2013, 06:14 AM   #1430
country flag tie_breaker

Quote:

Read my blog
Maybe if you wore a Stanford cap, it would have been easier for you to get that autograph
Old Oct 6th, 2013, 03:39 PM   #1431
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Maybe if you wore a Stanford cap, it would have been easier for you to get that autograph
Probably But I was wearing USC visor and clapped loudly, following coach Forood's example, whenever USC won pts by nice play

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Old Oct 6th, 2013, 08:28 PM   #1432
country flag tie_breaker

Quote:
Probably But I was wearing USC visor and clapped loudly, following coach Forood's example, whenever USC won pts by nice play
Yeah I think Amber saw this USC visor try to approach her, so she stuck some food in her mouth then when it was all clear, made her getaway with Michael...
Old Oct 7th, 2013, 01:42 AM   #1433
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Quote:
Yeah I think Amber saw this USC visor try to approach her, so she stuck some food in her mouth then when it was all clear, made her getaway with Michael...
But I didn't try to approach her I just stood there, actually neglected this match and concentrated on UCLA vs UNC at the opposite court Anyway Amber couldn't have seen me because I was actually behind them at a little distance

I actually do like the red cap Gibbs and Ahn wore last season.

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Oct 20th, 2013, 06:37 AM   #1434
country flag tie_breaker

Judging strictly from the 2 tournaments so far (SMC Invitational and NW Regional), I would list the defending NCAA champs line-up as follows:

(1) K. Ahn - by default for clinching NCAA and playing #2 last year and with Gibbs turning pro
(2) C. Zhao - Defeated Anette Schutting
(3) T. Davidson - Defeated Katie Le
(4) C. Doyle - Defeated Klara Fabikova and finalist at SMC
(5) K. Hardebeck - Not likely she'll actually drop this low, but that's where I'd place her
(5) E. Tsay
Old Oct 20th, 2013, 08:30 AM   #1435
country flag slickshoes510

slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Judging strictly from the 2 tournaments so far (SMC Invitational and NW Regional), I would list the defending NCAA champs line-up as follows:

(1) K. Ahn - by default for clinching NCAA and playing #2 last year and with Gibbs turning pro
(2) C. Zhao - Defeated Anette Schutting
(3) T. Davidson - Defeated Katie Le
(4) C. Doyle - Defeated Klara Fabikova and finalist at SMC
(5) K. Hardebeck - Not likely she'll actually drop this low, but that's where I'd place her
(5) E. Tsay
I agree with the lineup but I don't think defeating Anett Schutting is that impressive. I've always thought she was ranked higher than she should be.
slickshoes510 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20th, 2013, 05:16 PM   #1436
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all

Based on yesterday, I wouldn't change the Stanford lineup from what I said earlier. But true that, C.Doyle is building a good case to move above Tsay. Still, Tsay played well, she was against the tournament #1 seed.

Krista is hitting a more conventional forehand: retooling, and hitting a different ball creates chances of random loses. But most tennis observers would say that the change she made will eliminate a way that opponents used to attack her game.

Last edited by 2nd_serve : Oct 20th, 2013 at 05:35 PM.
2nd_serve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20th, 2013, 05:34 PM   #1437
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all

TANFORD, Calif. – Three California doubles teams and three Golden Bear singles players advanced after winning in the main draws on Saturday at the USTA/ITA Northwest Regional Championships. Top-seeded Zsofi Susanyi was one of those Bears who forged her way into the Women’s Open Singles quarterfinals after winning twice on Saturday at Stanford’s Taube Family Tennis Center.

Cal’s seeded teams all won in the Women’s Open Doubles round of 32 on Saturday. The top-seeded and 11th-ranked pair of sophomore Lynn Chi and senior Anett Schutting beat the team of Maja Mladenovic/Tori Troesch, 8-2, the seventh-seeded tandem of Klara Fabikova/Maegan Manasse topped Santa Clara’s Cooke/Delphine Rouvillois, 8-5, and No. 8 seeded Susanyi/Denise Starr dominated the Sacramento State team of Olivia Boija/Sophie Lohscheidt, 8-1. The Cal duo of senior Kelly Chui and junior Cecilia Estlander fell in a close round of 32 match to the fifth-seeded Saint Mary’s team of Danielle Flores/Jenny Jullien, 8-7(1).

A junior ranked fourth in the nation, Susanyi first defeated San Francisco’s Marina Nikolic in the Women’s Open Singles round of 32, 6-3, 7-5, and then beat Stanford’s 10th-seeded Ellen Tsay, 2-6, 7-5, 6-1, in the round of 16. Cal’s other highly seeded player – Schutting, who is ranked fifth nationally – suffered an upset in the round of 16 against Stanford’s ninth-seeded Carol Zhao, 6-3, 6-1. The Bear beat Fresno State’s Sophie Watts, 6-4, 6-2, in the round of 32.

Chi and Starr joined Susanyi in the singles quarterfinals. Chi, an eighth-seeded sophomore, topped Washington’s Elianne Douglas-Miron, 7-6(7); 7-6(2), in the round of 16 and beat Fresno State’s Rana Sherif Ahmed, 6-1, 7-6(3), in the previous round. Starr, a freshman seeded 13th, upset Stanford’s fourth-seeded Krista Hardebeck, 2-6, 6-1, 6-4, to get to the quarters, after earlier surpassing Gonzaga’s Samantha Polayes, 6-3, 7-5, in the round of 32.

Two other Bears lost in the round of 16, with seventh-seeded Fabikova, a sophomore, falling to 12th-seeded Caroline Doyle, 6-3, 6-4, and 16th-seeded Manasse dropping a 6-4, 6-4 match to Stanford’s third-seeded Kristie Ahn. A round earlier, Fabikova topped Santa Clara’s Chelby Cooke, 6-4, 6-2, and Manasse, a freshman, defeated Cal Poly’s Jennifer Cornea, 2-6, 6-3, 6-4.

In the consolation singles draw, one Bear won in Saturday’s round of 64, as Chui beat Sacramento State’s Katharina Knoebl, 6-1, 6-3. But senior Alice Duranteau retired with an injury against Stanford’s Lindsey Kotsas when down 6-2, 2-0, and Estlander lost to Megan Heneghan, 7-5, 1-6, 1-0(5).

The regional ends on Tuesday.

Cal Bears Women's Tennis
2nd_serve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20th, 2013, 09:59 PM   #1438
country flag slickshoes510

slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light

I watched some of the matches on the Stanford live video feed. I liked what I saw more from Davidson and Doyle. They were driving the ball a little more than Zhao was.
slickshoes510 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20th, 2013, 11:38 PM   #1439
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

cowsonice you must be torn between Denise winning and Krista losing

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Oct 20th, 2013, 11:47 PM   #1440
country flag tie_breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickshoes510 View Post
I watched some of the matches on the Stanford live video feed. I liked what I saw more from Davidson and Doyle. They were driving the ball a little more than Zhao was.
I was watching what I could too on the video feed. Hope they clean the lenses on court #1.

Zhao had a tough time out there fighting against a backboard. Ultimately, she made too many unforced errors into the net. I don't think she was use to the pace coming too slow

Doyle looked great and was hitting the ball great, especially her forehand. I thought Davidson made a nice comeback down 1-4 in the second set, but she had the toughest opponent out there today.