Pac 12 - Page 95 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 5th, 2013, 02:55 AM   #1411
country flag tennisbuddy12
College Tennis/Team USA expert

tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Pac 12

Also, heard Skylar had some eligibility issues so she's not at UCLA.

tennisbuddy12 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 5th, 2013, 03:20 AM   #1412
country flag darrinbaker00
Serena's #1 Hater

darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisbuddy12 View Post
Jana still plays local tournaments. Wish she would do itfs but I don't think she really desired the your after college
I always thought Jana and Mari Andersson could have made some noise on the tour in doubles. If Raquel Kops-Jones and Abigail Spears could do it while going to two different schools, why couldn't the 2009 NCAA National Champions?
"He who finds a wife finds a good thing, and obtains favor from the Lord." -- Proverbs 18:22

"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard." -- Herb Brooks

"A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life." -- Muhammad Ali
darrinbaker00 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2013, 03:21 AM   #1413
country flag darrinbaker00
Serena's #1 Hater

darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tie_breaker View Post
Wow, that's a great pick-up for USC...but I wonder how they've been able to get such early committment?
You don't think the corruption at USC is limited to the football team, do you?
"He who finds a wife finds a good thing, and obtains favor from the Lord." -- Proverbs 18:22

"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard." -- Herb Brooks

"A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life." -- Muhammad Ali
darrinbaker00 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2013, 06:15 AM   #1414
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrinbaker00 View Post
You don't think the corruption at USC is limited to the football team, do you?
I guess that's a tradition at USC
tie_breaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2013, 02:23 PM   #1415
country flag fantic

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

This is the reason why I don't write at this forum much anymore, I have no allies, everybody hates USC

tie, you're forgetting the big picture, after not having won a match in a generation, after Alison's clinching win in 2009 USC is beating STAN pretty much EVERY year And it's USC who also stopped STAN winning PAC 12
"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Nil admirari (never enthuse over things).
- Horace, Epistles
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2013, 05:41 PM   #1416
country flag fantic

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

tiebreaker you should 'behave yourself' i just unfreed you from my ignore list but I'm sorely tempted to add back again It's hard enough tolerating your smug remarks after the NCAA win

This stupid darrin character, just added to ignore
"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles

Last edited by fantic : Oct 6th, 2013 at 04:06 AM.
Old Oct 5th, 2013, 08:53 PM   #1417
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
This is the reason why I don't write at this forum much anymore, I have no allies, everybody hates USC

tie, you're forgetting the big picture, after not having won a match in a generation, after Alison's clinching win in 2009 USC is beating STAN pretty much EVERY year And it's USC who also stopped STAN winning PAC 12
From 1999 through 2011, the Cards won 184 straight home games, before losing that epic match against the Gators, where Embree comes back and beats Mal down 4-0 in the 3rd set. I do understand the big picture with STAN domination but it wasn't just against USC and Pac-12, it was against every team except for Florida.

I understand that it was a big thing for USC to win at home against STAN in 2013. USC was heavily favored on paper but still felt like the underdog because of the domination. I saw the pregame interviews with Sabs. It was a big win and hence the victory lap.

It wasn't until 2012 that USC owned Stanford for the better part of 2 years before the R4 match at NCAA's, which I agree USC should have won, as I did not think STAN was going to win at the #3 doubles.

The turning point, I believe would have to be the 2011 recruiting class, where USC was ranked #2 with Santamaria, Scandalis, Olmos, and DeSimone. Whereas, Stanford was ranked #7 with Tsay. We know who got the better hand on this class.

UCLA also gained ground with the #3 ranked class with Anderson, Nguyen, Morton, and Kaitlyn Ray.

Even with the #1 recruiting class in 2013, Ahn and Hardebeck isn't as dominant as 2011-2012 (Gibbs and Mal) or 2010-2011 (Barte and Gibbs), so that is going to put pressure on #3-#6, so I view 2013-2014 as a rebuilding year and another USC Pac-12 title.
Old Oct 5th, 2013, 09:29 PM   #1418
country flag slickshoes510

slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
From 1999 through 2011, the Cards won 184 straight home games, before losing that epic match against the Gators, where Embree comes back and beats Mal down 4-0 in the 3rd set. I do understand the big picture with STAN domination but it wasn't just against USC and Pac-12, it was against every team except for Florida.

I understand that it was a big thing for USC to win at home against STAN in 2013. USC was heavily favored on paper but still felt like the underdog because of the domination. I saw the pregame interviews with Sabs. It was a big win and hence the victory lap.

It wasn't until 2012 that USC owned Stanford for the better part of 2 years before the R4 match at NCAA's, which I agree USC should have won, as I did not think STAN was going to win at the #3 doubles.

The turning point, I believe would have to be the 2011 recruiting class, where USC was ranked #2 with Santamaria, Scandalis, Olmos, and DeSimone. Whereas, Stanford was ranked #7 with Tsay. We know who got the better hand on this class.

UCLA also gained ground with the #3 ranked class with Anderson, Nguyen, Morton, and Kaitlyn Ray.

Even with the #1 recruiting class in 2013, Ahn and Hardebeck isn't as dominant as 2011-2012 (Gibbs and Mal) or 2010-2011 (Barte and Gibbs), so that is going to put pressure on #3-#6, so I view 2013-2014 as a rebuilding year and another USC Pac-12 title.
Sorry, but this is UCLA's year to claim the Pac-12 title.
slickshoes510 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2013, 09:41 PM   #1419
country flag tie_breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickshoes510 View Post
Sorry, but this is UCLA's year to claim the Pac-12 title.
I think the best team or early season favorite may not even be a Pac-12 team.

http://www.goheels.com/SportSelect.d...5&SPSID=668066
Old Oct 6th, 2013, 04:10 AM   #1420
country flag fantic

Quote:
I think the best team or early season favorite may not even be a Pac-12 team.

http://www.goheels.com/SportSelect.d...5&SPSID=668066
Tie, this is a Pac 12 sub forum If UNC is going to win Indoors or NCAA, #5 and 6 singles will be very important; that means Dai, Lyons, Vialle, Slater... remember that Lauren McHale was crucial at #5 for their Indoor win last year. 3 out, 2 in, so naturally.

And what is GSM doing there Volunteer coach?
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles

Last edited by fantic : Oct 6th, 2013 at 04:31 AM.
Old Oct 6th, 2013, 04:30 AM   #1421
country flag fantic

Tie, do you want me to gloat?

OLMOS/SCANDALIS def. AHN/ZHAO 3,0 in a blink of an eye

And this was the match between USC #2 vs STAN #1 team

Even though Amber Liu was there, and even though I wasn't even watching this match

You see, 'a bad deed doesn't go unpunished'
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old Oct 6th, 2013, 05:25 AM   #1422
country flag tie_breaker

Quote:
Tie, do you want me to gloat?

OLMOS/SCANDALIS def. AHN/ZHAO 3,0 in a blink of an eye

And this was the match between USC #2 vs STAN #1 team

Even though Amber Liu was there, and even though I wasn't even watching this match

You see, 'a bad deed doesn't go unpunished'
Oh no you didnt...
Old Oct 6th, 2013, 05:27 AM   #1423
country flag tie_breaker

I am so rooting for Anderson and Brady for the doubles final
Old Oct 6th, 2013, 05:29 AM   #1424
country flag tie_breaker

Wait.... who predicted a UCLA sweep with Anderson leading the charge
Old Oct 6th, 2013, 05:31 AM   #1425
country flag tie_breaker

Quote:
What Fan? You went there to check out Amber Liu and not the match

Was Michael Chang there?