Pac 12 - Page 87 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 8th, 2013, 05:58 PM   #1291
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold
Re: Pac 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by urklerlay View Post
FYI: Tennis Channel to air NCAA Championships Highlight Show presented by the USTA on June 8 at 11:30 am. Set you DVRs!!
No tennis channel
tie_breaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 10th, 2013, 06:14 AM   #1292
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

chanced upon a rare clip of Gibbsy(except for mine there aren't that many )

Guillermo def. Gibbs

my tennis blog
my personal blog my youtube acct
my flickr acct my imgur acct picasa album acct

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11th, 2013, 05:46 PM   #1293
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Marlou Kluiving

my tennis blog

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Old Jun 11th, 2013, 06:12 PM   #1294
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

UW looks ahead after NCAA snub

"The Dawgs were the highest ranked team to be left out of the NCAA field, but with no seniors will be back even stronger in 2014.

Natali Coronel teamed with Grace Ysidora to capture UW's first Pac-12 title.
April 30, 2013

SEATTLE -- Washington women's tennis was left out of the NCAA Tournament with the announcement of the field on Tuesday. The Dawgs (13-9) were very much a bubble team, but were snubbed by the NCAA committee. Washington was ranked 42nd in the most recent ITA poll, which was the highest ranking of any team not selected.

"It is very disappointing," said head coach Jill Hultquist. "I think not playing a conference team championships hurt us because we didn't have a chance to pick up those extra wins at the end of the year."

"Some of the ranked teams that we have beaten have struggled recently and fallen in the polls. When I look at our season, I think our worst loss was at Utah and they were a ranked team playing on their home court at altitude. I am proud of our girls; we just didn't have the best luck the way things went."

The NCAA snub came on the heels of a historic feat from the Washington women at the Pac-12 Championships. Freshman Grace Ysidora and sophomore Natali Coronel became the first Husky women to win a conference title of any kind.

The Husky doubles team captured the Invitational Pac-12 title, winning four matches in the three days. Previously, four Washington doubles teams had made the final of the Invitational final, but Ysidora and Coronel captured the program's first-ever conference title.

"Getting better in doubles was a goal of mine at the beginning of the season," said Hultquist. "It's funny because when I put Grace and Natali together I wasn't sure about it because they are both so quiet. They worked really hard and have really grown to where they have such great chemistry."

The youth of the UW doubles team is a theme that goes throughout the team. The Dawgs have just one junior in Andjela Nemcevic, otherwise it a team of only freshmen and sophomores. This means that a team on the verge of an NCAA berth in 2013 will be back with all of its parts for a run in 2014.

The Dawgs showed tremendous depth in 2013 with two players splitting time at No. 1 singles, but being particularly strong towards the middle and the back of their lineup. Julija Lukac led the Huskies in wins during dual matches with a 15-7 record playing mostly at No. 4.

"They injury to Capucine Gregoire hurt us, but Natali and Riko Shimizu have really stepped up to solidify our team," said Hultquist.

Shimizu also teamed with Elianne Doulas-Miron to form the Dawgs No. 1 doubles team through the dual season. Yet another young pairing of a freshman and sophomore earned a national ranking in doubles that at the last poll was No. 60 in the nation.

"When I talked to the team, they were disappointed to not get selected to the tournament," said Hultquist. "More than anything, though, I think they are excited to get back to work for next season." "

my tennis blog

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Jun 11th, 2013, 06:13 PM   #1295
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Beautiful

my tennis blog

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Jun 12th, 2013, 03:35 PM   #1296
country flag slickshoes510

slickshoes510 is just really nice slickshoes510 is just really nice slickshoes510 is just really nice slickshoes510 is just really nice slickshoes510 is just really nice slickshoes510 is just really nice slickshoes510 is just really nice slickshoes510 is just really nice slickshoes510 is just really nice slickshoes510 is just really nice slickshoes510 is just really nice

She has arrived:

http://instagram.com/p/Z1fjVemQ9h/
slickshoes510 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13th, 2013, 06:33 AM   #1297
country flag davidjaime

davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice

Fear the Grunt!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPSvm...ature=youtu.be
Old Jun 13th, 2013, 02:59 PM   #1298
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidjaime View Post
Funny
+5
(I like DLao playing several parts)
2nd_serve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th, 2013, 02:04 AM   #1299
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

I'm not sure I should make a separate thread for this event;

USTA Collegiate Camp

"WHITE PLAINS, N.Y., June 12, 2013 — The USTA announced today that two-time defending NCAA women’s singles champion Nicole Gibbs of Stanford and NCAA men’s singles finalist Jarmere Jenkins of Virginia are among the top American men’s and women’s college tennis players invited to the 2013 USTA Collegiate Team Camp/Playoffs, at which the 2013 USTA Collegiate Team will be finalized.

Administered by the USTA and the Intercollegiate Tennis Association, the USTA Collegiate Team is an elite training program for the nation’s best collegians. It is designed to provide college players with valuable exposure to the USTA Pro Circuit in a team-oriented environment during the year. The program began in 1996 and is funded by the USTA.

The 2013 USTA Collegiate Team will include six men and six women, with each player earning his or her spot through merit. Twelve men and 12 women have been invited to the USTA Collegiate Team Camp/Playoffs, where the final members of the men’s and women’s teams will be determined. The women’s Camp/Playoff will be held the week of June 24 at the USTA Training Center – West in Carson, Calif.

The players invited to the Camp/Playoffs are:

Women

*Robin Anderson, UCLA (SO, Matawan, N.J.)

Jacqueline Cako, Arizona State (SR, Brier, Wash.)

*Julia Elbaba, Virginia (FR, Oyster Bay, N.Y.)

*Lauren Embree, Florida (SR, Marco Island, Fla.)

*Nicole Gibbs, Stanford (JR, Santa Monica, Calif.)

*Krista Hardebeck, Stanford (FR, Santa Ana, Calif.)

Lauren Herring, Georgia (SO, Greenville, N.C.)

Danielle Lao, USC (SR, Arcadia, Calif.)

Kyle McPhillips, UCLA (FR, Willoughby, Ohio)

Sabrina Santamaria, USC (SO, Los Angeles)

Gina Suarez-Malaguti, North Carolina (SR, Pembroke Pines, Fla.)

Mary Weatherholt, Nebraska (SR, Prairie Village, Kan.)

* Already reserved spot on USTA Collegiate Team based on in-season achievement.

All 24 players – the top eight Americans in the final ITA singles rankings and four wildcards selected by the USTA and ITA for both the men and the women – are invited to participate in the USTA Collegiate Team Camp. The invitees who have not already reserved a position on the team by meeting one of several benchmarks will play a round-robin tournament to determine the final team members."

Does this mean the players have to vie for the 1 spot remaining?

my tennis blog

- Woodrow Wilson

Last edited by fantic : Jun 14th, 2013 at 06:33 PM.
Old Jun 14th, 2013, 04:13 AM   #1300
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post

USTA Collegeate Camp

"WHITE PLAINS, N.Y., June 12, 2013 — The USTA announced today that two-time defending NCAA women’s singles champion Nicole Gibbs of Stanford and NCAA men’s singles finalist Jarmere Jenkins of Virginia are among the top American men’s and women’s college tennis players invited to the 2013 USTA Collegiate Team Camp/Playoffs, at which the 2013 USTA Collegiate Team will be finalized.

Administered by the USTA and the Intercollegiate Tennis Association, the USTA Collegiate Team is an elite training program for the nation’s best collegians. It is designed to provide college players with valuable exposure to the USTA Pro Circuit in a team-oriented environment during the year. The program began in 1996 and is funded by the USTA.

The 2013 USTA Collegiate Team will include six men and six women, with each player earning his or her spot through merit. Twelve men and 12 women have been invited to the USTA Collegiate Team Camp/Playoffs, where the final members of the men’s and women’s teams will be determined. The women’s Camp/Playoff will be held the week of June 24 at the USTA Training Center – West in Carson, Calif.

Women

Mary Weatherholt, Nebraska (SR, Prairie Village, Kan.)"

All 24 players – the top eight Americans in the final ITA singles rankings and four wildcards selected by the USTA and ITA for both the men and the women – are invited to participate in the USTA Collegiate Team Camp. The invitees who have not already reserved a position on the team by meeting one of several benchmarks will play a round-robin tournament to determine the final team members.
Sounds like the USTA diluted a budget for 3 events and combined all together as one (camp, round-robin, all-star team). Anybody know how being on his team provides other benefits?
tie_breaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th, 2013, 06:03 AM   #1301
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

US Open National Playoffs/ Women's Sectional Qualifying

F (1) Mayo Hibi d. (2) Elizabeth Lumpkin 6-3; 6-1
SF (2) Elizabeth Lumpkin d. Kelly Chen 6-3; 6-4
SF (1) Mayo Hibi d. Ena Shibahara 6-0; 6-2
Q (2) Elizabeth Lumpkin d. linda guerzize 6-0; 6-1
Q Kelly Chen d. Meredith Xepoleas 6-4; 6-1
Q Ena Shibahara d. Kaitlyn Christian 7-6(0); 6-3
Q (1) Mayo Hibi d. Hanna Chang 6-1; 6-1

US Open National Playoffs/Mixed Doubles Sectional Qualifying

F McDonald/Van Nguyen d. Christian/Cipulli 6-3; 7-6(4)
SF Christian/Cipulli d. Chang/Cioffi 6-2; 6-2
SF McDonald/Van Nguyen d. Lazarov/Lumpkin 7-5; 6-4

my tennis blog

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Jun 14th, 2013, 05:58 PM   #1302
country flag SakiBomb25

SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice

Quote:

USTA Collegeate Camp

Women

Mary Weatherholt, Nebraska (SR, Prairie Village, Kan.)

All 24 players – the top eight Americans in the final ITA singles rankings and four wildcards selected by the USTA and ITA for both the men and the women – are invited to participate in the USTA Collegiate Team Camp. The invitees who have not already reserved a position on the team by meeting one of several benchmarks will play a round-robin tournament to determine the final team members."

Weren't Santamaria and Herring ranked in the Top 5 all season long? How is that not a sign of in-season achievement? Or in other words, what has Elbaba or Hardebeck done that was more impressive than Santamaria or Herring?

Mind you, I am not trying to bash Elbaba or Hardebeck - I am just trying to understand the selection process, that's all.

In fact, the only person who you could say truly qualified to be exempt is Nicole Gibbs. She did win the NCAA championships after all. Or Mary Weatherholt. She did go undefeated until her final match after all.
SakiBomb25 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th, 2013, 06:40 PM   #1303
country flag 3gtennis

3gtennis is an unknown quantity at this point

good questions. what are some on the list at all for?
3gtennis is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th, 2013, 06:42 PM   #1304
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

"meeting one of several benchmarks will play a round-robin tournament to determine the final team members.

Gibbs, as this year’s NCAA singles champion, is one of five women to have already reserved a spot on the team, along with UCLA’s Robin Anderson (USTA/ITA National Indoor Intercollegiate Championships singles champion), Virginia’s Julia Elbaba (ITA Rookie of the Year), Florida’s Lauren Embree (ITA All-American singles champion) and Stanford’s Krista Hardebeck (achieved a WTA Top 500 ranking during the academic year – No. 279)."

my tennis blog

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Jun 14th, 2013, 07:05 PM   #1305
country flag SakiBomb25

SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice

Quote:
"meeting one of several benchmarks will play a round-robin tournament to determine the final team members.

Gibbs, as this year’s NCAA singles champion, is one of five women to have already reserved a spot on the team, along with UCLA’s Robin Anderson (USTA/ITA National Indoor Intercollegiate Championships singles champion), Virginia’s Julia Elbaba (ITA Rookie of the Year), Florida’s Lauren Embree (ITA All-American singles champion) and Stanford’s Krista Hardebeck (achieved a WTA Top 500 ranking during the academic year – No. 279)."
Ok, that makes much more sense. Thanks for finding it.
SakiBomb25 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote