Pac 12 - Page 86 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 27th, 2013, 09:17 PM   #1276
country flag fantic

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Pac 12

Tradition, tradition..

from UCLA website

"UCLA has had six NCAA Doubles champions, a number that trails only Stanford, which has won eight. The Bruins are seeking their first doubles championship since Tracy Lin and Riza Zalameda won the event in Tulsa, Okla. in 2008. In addition to Lin and Zalameda, the five other Bruin teams to win doubles titles are: Heather Ludloff and Lynn Lewis (1982), Allyson Cooper and Stella Sampras (1988), Mamie Ceniza and Iwalani McCalla (1992), Keri Phebus and Susie Starrett (1995) and Daniel Bercek and Lauren Fisher (2004).

Monday marks the eighth all-time meeting between Anderson/Morton and Christian/Santamaria. The two teams last met in the semifinals of the NCAA Team Championships in 2012, with Anderson and Morton winning that showdown 8-3. Anderson and Morton lead the head-to-head series 4-3."

----------
from USC website;

"Back in 1980, Trojans Trey Lewis and Anne White teamed up for the AIAW doubles crown for USC. Not since then, however, had any USC women's doubles team won any national title. At least, until longtime friends Christian and Santamaria paired up as Trojan teammates last season. Christian, a junior, had helped make some USC history before Santamaria arrived when she and then-senior Maria Sanchez reached the 2011 NCAA Doubles semifinals"

First Round - May 23
[2] Christian/Santamaria (USC) def. Abu Mushrefova/Hamilton (Northwestern) - 6-1, 6-1

Round of 16 - May 24
[2] Christian/Santamaria (USC) def. Narattana/Rose (Oklahoma State) - 6-3, 6-2

Quarterfinals - May 25
[2] Christian/Santamaria (USC) def. Kopinski/White (Illinois) - 6-2, 6-0

Semifinals - May 26
[2] Christian/Santamaria (USC) def. [4] Boren/Szekely (Tennessee) - 7-5, 7-5

Championship - May 27
[2] Christian/Santamaria (USC) def. Anderson/Morton (UCLA) - 6-4, 6-3

So who will be the best Pac 12 dbls team next year? I think STAN was the best Pac 12 dbls team this season, since they beat USC in the most crucial match.

UCLA, who adds Brady,
or USC, who adds Boren and Katz

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson

Last edited by fantic : May 27th, 2013 at 11:12 PM.
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 27th, 2013, 09:37 PM   #1277
country flag slickshoes510

slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light

Good to know I wasn't the only one who got the results between the two teams wrong.
slickshoes510 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2013, 09:38 PM   #1278

slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light

Interesting to see which players get paired with each other for both teams next season.
Old May 31st, 2013, 01:22 PM   #1279

I'm watching the French Open and noticed some of the female players wearing adidas wearing similar uniforms UCLA wore (the blue and yellow one). For some reason, it looks better on the pro players.
Old Jun 2nd, 2013, 07:12 AM   #1280
country flag fantic

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Old Jun 3rd, 2013, 06:28 AM   #1281
country flag fantic

USC may not have the best talented girls but I hope they're ambitious enough;

To quote from Goethe's Faust (reading Atkinson has it's unexpected uses)

'Den lieb'ich, der unmogliches begehrt'

'I love the one who craves the impossible'

- Woodrow Wilson

Last edited by fantic : Jun 3rd, 2013 at 07:28 AM.
Old Jun 3rd, 2013, 10:59 AM   #1282

Nice article on Pamela Montez:

http://dailybruin.com/2013/06/03/lea...-on-the-court/
Old Jun 4th, 2013, 12:23 AM   #1283
country flag fantic

I just saw a guy wearing USC t shirt, on which it said;

'Keep calm and fight on'

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Jun 4th, 2013, 12:33 AM   #1284

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
I just saw a guy wearing USC t shirt, on which it said;

'Keep calm and fight on'
A lot of schools have started to use it now. I first started noticing it during the NCAA men's basketball tournament.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keep_Calm_and_Carry_On
Old Jun 4th, 2013, 02:27 AM   #1285
country flag fantic

Dominique Cetale goes to UCLA

From TRN;

2013 Recruiting: 754 (1/16)
TennisRPI: 540 (1/4)
2012 Recruiting: 781 (12/19)
TennisRPI: 595 (12/21)
2011 Recruiting: 135 (1/26)
TennisRPI: 220 (1/7)
2010 Recruiting: 73 (1/13)
TennisRPI: 147 (3/26)

Did she get injured?

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Jun 4th, 2013, 04:14 AM   #1286
country flag fantic

From 2003, only 4 teams stopped STAN at the NCAA; UF and BU twice, UCLA and USC once

03 UF def. 4-3 in the final
04 STAN def. UCLA 4-1
3 PEAT
07 UCLA def. 4-2 in the semi
08 BU def. 4-1 in Q
09 BU def. 4-3? in rd of 16
11 UF def. 4-3 in the final
12 USC def. 4-2 in Q

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Jun 4th, 2013, 10:22 PM   #1287

Gibbs wins the Honda Award for female tennis player. Congrats!

http://www.gostanford.com/sports/w-t...060413aaa.html
Old Jun 6th, 2013, 06:38 AM   #1288
country flag fantic

The biggest surprise in the last season for me was Desirae playing #2 for ASU.

She could play #1 next season then

Hope to see both her and Woodard play the slams next season, since they're dbls wizards

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Jun 8th, 2013, 03:28 AM   #1289
country flag urklerlay

urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future

FYI: Tennis Channel to air NCAA Championships Highlight Show presented by the USTA on June 8 at 11:30 am. Set you DVRs!!

Twitter
2013 US OPEN
Flickr
urklerlay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8th, 2013, 05:58 PM   #1290
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by urklerlay View Post
FYI: Tennis Channel to air NCAA Championships Highlight Show presented by the USTA on June 8 at 11:30 am. Set you DVRs!!
No tennis channel
tie_breaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote