Pac 12 - Page 84 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 18th, 2013, 06:11 PM   #1246
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold
Re: Pac 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickshoes510 View Post
I forgot about the victory lap! Another reason I was rooting for Stanford!
I just had a scary thought...

With all the hype and discussion going on the left side of the bracket...some team on the right side may just quietly return to the Finals and may have an opportunity to avenge last year's final
tie_breaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 18th, 2013, 06:24 PM   #1247
country flag iPatty

iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
iPATTY since I've put you on ignore already and have absolutely no intention to undo it, this will be my last direct response to you.

Are you freaking serious? Well my 'announcing' it might have been dramatic but putting you on ignore itself was a cold logical decision after your 'performance' at the WWW thread during the match. You just showed your true obnoxious colors. No sane USC fan will embrace you in open arms, what did you expect?

I don't think I'll miss much either by ignoring you Can't waste my time reading, don't you think?

That clever, cheap and obnoxious emotion was just the icing of the cake.

As a parting shot, let me return it to you;

You're mad.

It's just a college tennis match dude, you need to relax. My "true obnoxious colors"? Talking about the waving smiley I posted? I didn't know someone could get so mad over a smiley on an internet message board. Sorry I'm not sad to see USC go, I don't think the players on that team are particularly interesting. I thought you were taking a break from the board anyway? Probably a good idea...

And I would love to know how rooting for the underdog Stanford makes me an elitist...
Old May 18th, 2013, 08:56 PM   #1248
country flag tucker1989

tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute

Where did the NCAA Championships thread go?! WTF

Edit: Fantic, you deleted the entire thread? That's really uncool. There were over 20 pages of great discussion on there, and that's a really low move.

Last edited by tucker1989 : May 18th, 2013 at 09:04 PM.
tucker1989 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2013, 09:12 PM   #1249
country flag iPatty

iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker1989 View Post
Where did the NCAA Championships thread go?! WTF

Edit: Fantic, you deleted the entire thread? That's really uncool. There were over 20 pages of great discussion on there, and that's a really low move.
I can still see it?
Old May 18th, 2013, 09:18 PM   #1250
country flag Barktra
Allez

Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthrea...8#post28230738
Barktra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2013, 01:55 AM   #1251
country flag CTSEMT

CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all

fantic
CTSEMT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2013, 04:05 AM   #1252
country flag desariofan

desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold

ya i wondered about that too - the disappearance of the ncaa team thread... but i think it just turned up again. i think.
desariofan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2013, 04:15 AM   #1253
country flag desariofan

desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
tiebreaker you're a Card It's natural to gloat I guess
What I don't get are the 3rd parties..especially iPatty. Accordingly blocked him from twitter, not that I use twitter much

By the way, I just glimpsed dbls #3 and STAN team seemed to be blasting away, I think their power tennis prevailed?

Also Ahn seemed to be deliberately trying dtl passing shots, and I think it worked.
It seemed STAN were better prepared.

Anyway, I guess I should root for individuals from now on
Come on Whitney! And GL Ema, who I presume is already there I'm sure she and coach Scrivano are out there and diligently studying matches

And where is Amal? Is she playing today?
Fantic don't change to panic!! Maybe "frantic" lol since i mistyped your name so much!

And how come you aren't discussing this in the NCAA team's thread??

I think i was pretty neutral in my reaction to USC's loss - a basic fast analysis. As I said USC, on paper, really should have won that much. But STAN girls were hungrier, even Dillon was fighting hard at #6 (altho the score doesn't reflect that).

The truth is I much would rather UF play against STAN than USC. USC top 3 singles extremely loaded. And it really could have gone either way. Sabs really let her emotion took control in that first set. It wasn't like Gibbs was playing better. Sabs was just spraying the balls left and right, and into the net.
desariofan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2013, 02:30 PM   #1254
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

I am thinking about pulling my spare laptop that I rarely don't use so I can get an additional stream for today's matches

I am rooting for all of the Pac-12 schools today

Cal is definitely the underdog against Florida. I doubt Cal can pull off the upset, but I hope they can at least slow them down just a little bit.

UCLA and North Carolina is an interesting rematch of NCAA Indoors. North Carolina looks tough and has a deep line-up as well.

Stanford is the underdog again...

Last edited by tie_breaker : May 19th, 2013 at 04:08 PM.
Old May 19th, 2013, 02:41 PM   #1255
country flag slickshoes510

slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by tie_breaker View Post
I am thinking about pulling my spare laptop that I rarely don't use so I can get an additional stream for today's matches

I am rooting for all of the Pac-12 schools today

Cal is definitely the underdog against Florida. I doubt Cal can pull off the upset, but I hope they can at least slow them down just a little bit.

USC and North Carolina is an interesting rematch of NCAA Indoors. North Carolina looks tough and has a deep line-up as well.

Stanford is the underdog again...
Do you realize this is the 2nd time you have used UCLA and USC interchangeably? Is that intentional? Haha

GO PAC 12!!!!!
slickshoes510 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2013, 04:14 PM   #1256
country flag tie_breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickshoes510 View Post
Do you realize this is the 2nd time you have used UCLA and USC interchangeably? Is that intentional? Haha

GO PAC 12!!!!!
Yeah, I didn't realized I typed USC when I was clearing thinking about UCLA...is there a hidden meaning?

When was the 1st time?
Old May 19th, 2013, 05:17 PM   #1257

slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by tie_breaker View Post
Yeah, I didn't realized I typed USC when I was clearing thinking about UCLA...is there a hidden meaning?

When was the 1st time?
Go look for it..you said UCLA instead of USC the first time. This time, you switched them.
Old May 20th, 2013, 04:57 AM   #1258
country flag shoparound

shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future

Come on Pac12 schools
shoparound is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2013, 02:43 AM   #1259

Disappointing end to UCLA's season. They never played to their potential. I doubt they will make many changes next season but this is what hurt them in the end:

1) Placing players in certain positions but never experimenting with moving them around based on their results and potential. Robin and Kyle deserved the top two spots but the other 4 should've been mixed up among Cat, Chanelle, Pam, Kaitlin, Courtney, and yes, even Skylar. Make those girls earn those spots. You don't give a player a top 3 position because they are a senior. You don't make a player play at 5 because they are a freshman. You don't let a player play at 4 because they had a good freshman season.

2) Doubles. It was never consistent throughout the season. Stella experimented with switching up the teams too late and therefore, ended up putting the original teams back together for the NCAA tournament.

3) Never inserting a once top 40 ITA-ranked player back into the lineup after she returned from her injury. Kaitlin Ray should've at least been playing #6 when she returned. Yes, she wasn't 100% but I'll take her over Courtney even when she's not 100%. Courtney did have wins at the 6th positions but she should be winning a majority of those matches.

Thank you to all of the players for a good season!
Old May 21st, 2013, 05:10 AM   #1260
country flag tennisbuddy12
College Tennis/Team USA expert

tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Skylar is looking to transfer so well see where she's going

tennisbuddy12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote