Pac 12 - Page 83 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 5th, 2013, 05:11 PM   #1231
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Pac 12

finally uploaded everything, the last one being Krista vs Anett's 1.8 GB size clip Took hours to upload.y

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 5th, 2013, 06:21 PM   #1232
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
finally uploaded everything, the last one being Krista vs Anett's 1.8 GB size clip Took hours to upload.y

to your PRIVATE collection

I'm a bit surprise that it is 1.8 GB, when most of your videos are like under 10 minutes

Wasn't your Sabs vs Krista match (behind the fence and red railing) somewhere around 9:51
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (58.6 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Capture2.JPG (56.6 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Capture3.JPG (43.6 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Capture4.JPG (71.4 KB, 3 views)
tie_breaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2013, 09:32 PM   #1233
country flag slickshoes510

slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light

Watching Sabs/KK play doubles is interesting. They pretty much have their roles defined: Sabs stays back almost all of the time and KK plays at the net. To beat them, a team would need to mix up their rhythm (be able to lob over KK or bring in Sabs to the net).
slickshoes510 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2013, 10:34 PM   #1234
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tie_breaker View Post
to your PRIVATE collection

I'm a bit surprise that it is 1.8 GB, when most of your videos are like under 10 minutes

Wasn't your Sabs vs Krista match (behind the fence and red railing) somewhere around 9:51
Yeah Sabs Krista match wasn't that much; the latter part of the 2nd set.

This Krista Anett one is the whole 1st set and more, methink. Total over 35 minutes

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Old May 15th, 2013, 07:39 PM   #1235
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Pac-12 women's tennis all-conference honors announced

Updated May 15, 2013
By the Pac-12 Conference

WALNUT CREEK, Calif. - In a vote by the Conference’s 11 coaches, USC sophomore Sabrina Santamaria has been named the Pac-12 Women’s Tennis Singles Player of the Year, USC pair of junior Kaitlyn Christian and Santamaria have been voted Pac-12 Doubles Team of the Year, UCLA’s Kyle McPhillips was selected the Pac-12 Freshman/Newcomer of the Year and USC’s head coach Richard Gallien has been awarded the Pac-12 Coach of the Year, Commissioner Larry Scott announced Wednesday.

ALL-PAC-12 TEAMS
First Team
Sabrina Santamaria, So., USC*
Danielle Lao, Sr., USC*
Robin Anderson, So., UCLA
Nicole Gibbs, Jr., Stanford
Zsofi Susanyi, So., California
Anett Schutting, Jr., California
*unanimous selection

Second Team
Zoë Scandalis, So., USC
Krista Hardebeck, Fr., Stanford
Kristie Ahn, Jr., Stanford
Kyle McPhillips, Fr., UCLA
Jacqueline Cako, Jr., Arizona State
Klara Fabikova, Fr., California

Honorable Mention
Lacey Smyth, Jr., Arizona
Lynn Chi, Fr., California
Tereza Bekerova, So., Utah
Sarah Pham, Jr., Utah

PAC-12 SINGLES PLAYER OF THE YEAR
Santamaria has posted a perfect 17-0 record in dual match singles play this season. She currently is ranked No. 2 in the nation after tallying a 30-3 overall record. The Los Angeles, Calif., native was selected to play in the NCAA Singles Championship and holds the No. 2 seed. Santamaria holds a 68-11 overall record while at USC. She went 11-0 at the No. 1 spot this season and 6-0 at the No. 2 spot. She posted a perfect 9-0 Conference record.

PAC-12 DOUBLES TEAM OF THE YEAR
Santamaria and Christian were unanimously voted the Doubles Team of the Year. The duo have gone undefeated in the 2012-13 season posting a 32-0 overall record and 15-0 in dual match play. Santamaria and Christian were crowned the Pac-12 Doubles Champions after topping the pair of Courtney Dolehide and Pamela Montez from rival school UCLA. The pair have gone 2-0 so far in the NCAA Team Championship.

PAC-12 FRESHMAN/NEWCOMER OF THE YEAR
McPhillips was named the Freshman/Newcomer of the Year after claiming the Pac-12 Singles Championship title this season. She went 30-8 overall in 2012-13 posting a 14-4 dual match record and went 8-2 in Conference play. McPhillips was undefeated playing at the No. 1 spot (3-0) and No. 2 spot (6-0). She is currently ranked 20th in the nation and will play in the NCAA Singles Championship.

PAC-12 COACH OF THE YEAR
Gallien led the Trojans to a 23-2 overall record and a 9-0 Pac-12 record. The Trojans were named the Pac-12 Champions in his 18th season as the head coach at USC. Gallien has led the Trojans to the Round of 16 in the NCAA Championships, where they will face Stanford on May 17. This is Gallien’s fourth Pac-12 Coach of the Year honor.

- Woodrow Wilson
Old May 15th, 2013, 10:53 PM   #1236

slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light

With the exception of Cako, the 1st and 2nd team all comprised of players from the California schools. Congratulations to all of those girls!
Old May 18th, 2013, 02:00 AM   #1237
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all

[quote=fantic;28208154]

Fantic
2nd_serve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2013, 02:21 AM   #1238
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Wow, so many gloating. It seems nobody wanted USC to win, how sad.

I guess name value wins in the end.

So, Sabs, the only one who didn't choke before, has fallen too. Choker nation?
Not to mention that disastrous performance at dbls #3. That was just an unacceptable loss. But congrats to STAN, they must have studied hard

Zoe was the only one to win both.

Glad that Zoe Katz and Brynn are incoming, we sorely need them for the dbls pt.

To put a positive spin though, even though losing the dbls, USC almost won.
And the continuing choking might be a good factor for recruiting top players.
Because a top player who has mental fortitude, will instantly be worshiped at USC

USC really should have won, if only for the meeting between #1 and #2 dbls team in the nation. Such a pity.

Looking back, it's obvious that losing to UNC at Indoors was the deal-breaker. USC really can't complain about the seeding or the ranking. They fully deserved the #5 spot. Really should have won that match..

I don't care about this tournament any more

Guilty as charged...sorry I got carried away...Last post for the next few hours or so

Even when Stanford was up 2-0 with Gibbs about to make it 3-0, I thought USC's chances were good to win. Like Coach Forood said this match could have went either way.
Old May 18th, 2013, 05:17 AM   #1239
country flag tie_breaker

Quote:
Is this true?

According to Zootennis;

"Tsay had trailed 7-5, 3-0" Gaby not again(similar to UNC match)

I think it's time.

For USC to invite Lauren Embree for a lesson in not choking

Yes, it's true, which is about the same time I left the office, with Stanford leading 2-0, but with Gibbs and Gaby leading mid-way in the 2nd st with the chance to make it 3-1.

Gaby lost her doubles match too, but that was ok because it was to Krista

I might add that there was mention that Gaby just recovered from an injury, so physically she was not at par AND Coach Forood knew this and had a strategy in place with Tsay.

I think USC was outcoached. They probably should have left Ellie at the #6 slot

Last edited by tie_breaker : May 18th, 2013 at 05:27 AM.
Old May 18th, 2013, 05:46 AM   #1240
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all

Olmos hadn't had good singles results recently including against UCI. Not to mention she lost the only singles point the last time USC played Stanford. This is the playoffs so forget about hurting a player's feelings for getting benched. USC should have taken Olmos out for poor play and left Yates in at #6.
gouci is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2013, 06:27 AM   #1241

Quote:
Now, Sabs.

I thought she was more powerful. Wasn't she also leading 5-2 or something? I didn't watch later, but how many SPs did she waste? I heard it was ugly.

It really should've been a USC rout again. Objectively speaking.
Just that STAN fought harder, maybe they wanted more, and they definitely were prepared better, I guess.

slickshoe did you mention that Sabs would be hungry for the singles? She should've been hungry TODAY.

And why is Krista so emotional in the pic, the superstar team beat a 'peasant' team, as in the 'natural order', no?

Maybe I should change my id to panic Hope you guys enjoy the Tournament, I'm out.
I said in a previous post that it works against her that she's gone so long without losing a match. It was bound to happen and unfortunately it happened today. I think it's a good thing for her though because now she will be hungry to win the singles and doubles crowns.
Old May 18th, 2013, 10:19 AM   #1242
country flag iPatty

iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
just put iPatty to ignore
Ummm...ok.

I've always been a Stanford supporter (Gibbs and Ahn are my year and two of my favorite college tennis players). I think you're being a little dramatic. But if you want to put me on ignore...go right ahead.
Old May 18th, 2013, 04:22 PM   #1243
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

iPATTY since I've put you on ignore already and have absolutely no intention to undo it, this will be my last direct response to you.

Are you freaking serious? Well my 'announcing' it might have been dramatic but putting you on ignore itself was a cold logical decision after your 'performance' at the WWW thread during the match. You just showed your true obnoxious colors. No sane USC fan will embrace you in open arms, what did you expect?

I don't think I'll miss much either by ignoring you Can't waste my time reading, don't you think?

That clever, cheap and obnoxious emotion was just the icing of the cake.

As a parting shot, let me return it to you;

- Woodrow Wilson
Old May 18th, 2013, 05:53 PM   #1244
country flag tie_breaker

Quote:
Now, Sabs.

I thought she was more powerful. Wasn't she also leading 5-2 or something? I didn't watch later, but how many SPs did she waste? I heard it was ugly.

It really should've been a USC rout again. Objectively speaking.
Just that STAN fought harder, maybe they wanted more, and they definitely were prepared better, I guess.

slickshoe did you mention that Sabs would be hungry for the singles? She should've been hungry TODAY.

And why is Krista so emotional in the pic, the superstar team beat a 'peasant' team, as in the 'natural order', no? I thought that was why iPatty was rooting so hard for STAN, he was an elitist anyway.

Maybe I should change my id to panic Hope you guys enjoy the Tournament, I'm out. Should have just contented myself after that historic win against Stanford But I was too greedy. Shouldn't have expected too much.
Correction...Gibbsy was down 5-1 and really just wanted to finish the set letting Sabs know she can keep up with her...but after getting to 5-2, 5-3, and 5-4...what can I say

Hunger usually comes is a result of defeat. Although they lost to UCLA last year, you remind me who they beat in last year's QF and again this year, which was followed by a victory lap.

I think the hunger wasn't there against Stanford...if USC's match was against UCLA...that's a different story!
Old May 18th, 2013, 05:59 PM   #1245

Quote:
Originally Posted by tie_breaker View Post
Correction...Gibbsy was down 5-1 and really just wanted to finish the set letting Sabs know she can keep up with her...but after getting to 5-2, 5-3, and 5-4...what can I say

Hunger usually comes is a result of defeat. Although they lost to UCLA last year, you remind me who they beat in last year's QF and again this year, which was followed by a victory lap.

I think the hunger wasn't there against Stanford...if USC's match was against UCLA...that's a different story!
I forgot about the victory lap! Another reason I was rooting for Stanford!