Pac 12 - Page 80 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 28th, 2013, 02:54 AM   #1186
country flag slickshoes510

slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Pac 12

I agree. I feel like players should always earn the position in which they play, and I feel like Stella doesn't always do this. If I was on a team where I was playing in the lower positions and I knew I could be good enough to play the top 3, but if it wasn't a possibility, I could see my game becoming complacent.

I've had an issue all season long with Pam playing at #2 and she has rarely proven that she should play that spot, but Stella continued to put her there. After the Stanford/Cal matches, she finally made the switch back to putting Kyle at #2 and Kyle has shown she deserves to play there (beat Lao which was UCLA's only point at USC and look at her run at the Pac-12 tournament, including wins over Zsofi and Ahn). I think it mostly comes down to coaching.
slickshoes510 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 28th, 2013, 03:09 AM   #1187

slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by knoxt View Post
Someone please help me understand how Ellen Tsay got recruited? She's not the prototypical Stanford recruit, as she plays a lot of moonballs... Would be a better fit at Duke.
I didn't see her hit that many against Cat Harrison at UCLA when I watched them play. She does come in to the net more than most players.

What I notice more about Tsay is her swing on her forehand. She really doesn't extend her arm and it looks interesting.
Old Apr 28th, 2013, 03:16 AM   #1188
country flag knoxt

knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of

knoxt is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2013, 03:23 AM   #1189

I'd moonball a lot too in the wind. fantic can speak more on this, but it's always unusually windy at USC. You should look up fantic's video of Tsay against Plishkova at the ITF event...Tsay rarely moonballed in that match.
Old Apr 28th, 2013, 03:32 AM   #1190
UFGatorFan

UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by knoxt View Post
Someone please help me understand how Ellen Tsay got recruited? She's not the prototypical Stanford recruit, as she plays a lot of moonballs... Would be a better fit at Duke.

She was the #1 recruit in her class, right?

I didn't think she moon balled all that match when she played against Collins and beat her handily. In fact, I thought she should have been playing above hardebeck and Tan when Stanford was here. Tsay was the only singles win for Stanford that day.
UFGatorFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2013, 03:41 AM   #1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFGatorFan View Post
She was the #1 recruit in her class, right?

I didn't think she moon balled all that match when she played against Collins and beat her handily. In fact, I thought she should have been playing above hardebeck and Tan when Stanford was here. Tsay was the only singles win for Stanford that day.
I always thought so too about Tsay playing above Tan, but after seeing her play against UCLA, I think Tan is the better play. Tsay has lost a few matches at the #5 position.
Old Apr 28th, 2013, 04:47 AM   #1192
country flag fantic

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Finalists;

UCLA 3; sgl and dbl final
CAL 2; invite dbl final
USC 2; dbl final, invite sgl final
UW 2; invite dbl final
STAN 2; sgl final, invite sgl final

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2013, 05:09 AM   #1193
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charle2sdorr View Post
Continued because threads over 1,000 replies may get moved and the other Pac 10 thread was almost there.
Charle2sdorr is not a real person but just a spam bot, don't pay any attention to it.

Bots are getting more sophisticated. This bot is programed to quote a sentence from another poster from the 1st page of the thread and then add "" at the end. Check the bot's history. Pretty funny.

Moderator please delete Charle2sdorr from the board.
gouci is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2013, 01:42 PM   #1194
country flag fantic

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickshoes510 View Post
I'd moonball a lot too in the wind. fantic can speak more on this, but it's always unusually windy at USC.You should look up fantic's video of Tsay against Plishkova at the ITF event...Tsay rarely moonballed in that match.
I see that you have studied well
You don't beat Kyle by moonballing, that's for sure!

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Old Apr 28th, 2013, 01:47 PM   #1195
country flag fantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tie_breaker View Post
11. Pac-12 Women's Singles Championship

Just a pair of "ordinary" freshman will be in the finals
Dream Final!

Don't you think so, 2ndserve?

Quote:

I'd be surprise if Tsay if doesn't take it and leave Stanford without any hardware to bring back to the Farm
But KK is playing really well, it seems

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFGatorFan View Post
This is just my outside view, but it seems like players going to Ucla don't really improve over their careers. Great talent comes in, they start off well and then kind of plateau, or regress. But I could be way off. Just seems like that. Wonder if carrying a huge roster has impacted player development?
I thought UCLA players actually got better, look at McCall Jones and Kaitlin Ray.

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Apr 28th, 2013, 01:57 PM   #1196

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
Dream Final!

Don't you think so, 2ndserve?

But KK is playing really well, it seems

I thought UCLA players actually got better, look at McCall Jones and Kaitlin Ray.
McCall didn't really do much in my opinion. Yes, she won the clincher for UCLA against USC but that was one match.

Kaitlin Ray has been injured most of her UCLA career, so we haven't gotten to see her true potential. I hope she continues to remain healthy. She's one of my favorites on the team.
Old Apr 28th, 2013, 02:22 PM   #1197
country flag fantic

McCall won a set from Gibbsy at Ojai. Before Sabs beat Gibbsy, no USC player ever won a set from Gibbsy, methink. McCall was actually pretty competitive, imo.

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Apr 28th, 2013, 02:39 PM   #1198

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
McCall won a set from Gibbsy at Ojai. Before Sabs beat Gibbsy, no USC player ever won a set from Gibbsy, methink. McCall was actually pretty competitive, imo.
1 match and a set.
Old Apr 28th, 2013, 06:55 PM   #1199

Hardebeck beats McPhillips 6-1, 6-0 (the website reports Hardebeck won but twitter reports McPhilips won)

KK beats Tsay 6-1, 3-6, 6-4

Last edited by slickshoes510 : Apr 28th, 2013 at 07:01 PM.
Old Apr 28th, 2013, 07:35 PM   #1200
country flag SakiBomb25

SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickshoes510 View Post
Hardebeck beats McPhillips 6-1, 6-0 (the website reports Hardebeck won but twitter reports McPhilips won)

KK beats Tsay 6-1, 3-6, 6-4
Maybe Hardebeck hasn't been doing as well because she plays down to her competition? If so, her mental game needs some work before she hits the pros.
SakiBomb25 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote