Pac 12 - Page 79 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 26th, 2013, 02:57 AM   #1171
country flag cowsonice

cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future
Re: Pac 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
No. 9 California 4, No. 12 Stanford 3
April 19, 2013, in Berkeley, Calif.
Hellman Tennis Complex
YESS. This gives me life. Susanyi vs. Hardebeck shall be a (one-sided) rivalry in the years to come (hopefully )

Hardebeck has been quite disappointing. To be fair, I did hype up my expectations of her, but she's disappeared quite a bit in the grand scheme of women's college tennis. Hopefully this means that she's not going to go pro during her time at Stanford.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
And last, to cowsonice!

Faves: Sharapova, Hantuchova, Safarova, Goerges
GO BEARS!
cowsonice is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 26th, 2013, 06:37 AM   #1172
country flag davidjaime

davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice

http://www.tennisgrandstand.com/2013...ot-an-athlete/
Old Apr 26th, 2013, 12:48 PM   #1173
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidjaime View Post
a nerd who always thinks herself as an athlete, trying to surf and learn guitar? And skipping her senior year to turn pro? A fail right there, that's NOT a nerd in my definition

Thx for the link David, that was a fun read

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26th, 2013, 01:05 PM   #1174
country flag slickshoes510

slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light

No more SC players in the main draw. What happened to Zoe?

In the Invitational draw, it looks like we could have a KK-Skylar semi. Those two had fun battling each other last season. This year, they both moved down the singles lineup so it would be nice to see them play again.
slickshoes510 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26th, 2013, 01:16 PM   #1175
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickshoes510 View Post
No more SC players in the main draw. What happened to Zoe?

In the Invitational draw, it looks like we could have a KK-Skylar semi. Those two had fun battling each other last season. This year, they both moved down the singles lineup so it would be nice to see them play again.
Lacey happened, that's what Lacey is an extremely flat and aggressive hitter and was ON FIRE yesterday.

Kyle vs Zsofi should be fun, too.
And of course, the dbls

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Old Apr 26th, 2013, 04:00 PM   #1176
Tennisace

Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold

Regarding Stanford, I think it goes back to an observation I made the other day at the Individual Indoors. When Tsay, Tan, and Hardebeck all lost on the same day it was kind of a "eh we lost, oh well."
Tennisace is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2013, 05:21 AM   #1177
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Even without Gibbsy Stanford rules

Only Natalie isn't playing regular match tomorrow

6 PLAYERS ADVANCED!

CAL 5
UCLA 4
USC 2
UW 2
UTAH 2

players.

Schutting, KK, Tsay plays both.

Zsofi had to withdraw against Kyle trailing in the 2nd. Injury I guess. Thus, Tan/Tsay didn't have to face Zsofi/Klara and meets KK/Sabs tomorrow.

Didn't saw the end but KK/Sabs were on the brink of defeat, won 9-8(6). Chanelle must REALLY hate that court #2, last year with Robin.. led KK/Sabs 7-2

Another delicious result;

Krista def. Pham 06, 76, 61 Didn't really watch this match, I had FAITH!

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Apr 27th, 2013, 05:30 AM   #1178
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Apparently KK/Sabs saved 3 mps

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Apr 27th, 2013, 12:48 PM   #1179
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

^ I'm going to tease Chanelle about this if I have a chance today

At the Open; 2 Bears, Fodor and Manasse advances to the semi, as well as Bruin Hickey. Harkleroad beats Katz.

Dbls final will likely be a match between UCLA vs CAL/USC; Gordon/Hickey vs Katz/Manasse

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Apr 27th, 2013, 01:31 PM   #1180
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickshoes510 View Post
I'm not sure how many conferences do this or not where they may play another opponent in the conference twice instead of once. The socal and norcal schools have always done it in the past years. Stanford recently stopped participating and only plays the socal schools once now (I'm not sure the story behind this so someone else can explain). Like someone mentioned before, typically the first matchup between those schools never count but the 2nd one does.

I'm in favor of only playing once during the regular season and then having those teams potentially playing again in a conference team tournament at the end of the season.
I liked the home and away series. While ranking is something of a black box, I believe that it helped the Californian teams rankings. I didn't think it was Stanford that started this. As far as I know, the first year it happened, Stanford traveled to USC, but USC did not travel to Stanford for the non obligatory match.
2nd_serve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2013, 01:37 PM   #1181
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all

[quote=fantic;27142546

And, invitational. Some players might play 3 matches in one day, tomorrow [/QUOTE]

The invitational schedule was unique.
2nd_serve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2013, 09:46 PM   #1182
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

11. Pac-12 Women's Singles Championship
SF (3) Krista Hardbeck d. (2) Anett Schutting 6-4; 6-2
SF (8) Kyle McPhillips d. (6) Kristie Ahn 3-6; 6-1; 6-4
Q (2) Anett Schutting d. (7) Klara Fabikova 6-2; 6-4
Q (3) Krista Hardbeck d. Sarah Pham 0-6; 7-5; 6-1

Just a pair of "ordinary" freshman will be in the finals

SF Dolehide/Montez d. (3) Chi/Schutting 8-6
SF (1) Christian/Santamaria d. Tan/Tsay 8-4
Q Dolehide/Montez d. (2) Cako/Smith 8-6
Q (3) Chi/Schutting d. Olmos/Scandalis 8-1

#1 seed is a no surprise favorite...

SF (2) Ellen Tsay d. (4) Tayler Davis 4-2Ret (inj)
SF (6) Kaitlyn Christian d. Skylar Morton 6-2; 6-0
Q (2) Ellen Tsay d. Lindsey Kostas 6-3; 6-0
Q (4) Tayler Davis d. (5) Stephanie Vlad 4-6; 6-1; 10-6

I'd be surprise if Tsay if doesn't take it and leave Stanford without any hardware to bring back to the Farm
tie_breaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2013, 09:50 PM   #1183
country flag cowsonice

cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future

Zsofi

Faves: Sharapova, Hantuchova, Safarova, Goerges
GO BEARS!
cowsonice is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2013, 11:11 PM   #1184
country flag slickshoes510

slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light

Whomever wins the final should be crowned Pac-12 Freshman of the year.

For Skylar, a year makes a huge difference. She was part of the reason why UCLA defeated USC in the NCAA last year (doubles win over KK/Sabs and singles win over KK). This year, her game has gone missing.
slickshoes510 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2013, 02:16 AM   #1185
UFGatorFan

UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light

This is just my outside view, but it seems like players going to Ucla don't really improve over their careers. Great talent comes in, they start off well and then kind of plateau, or regress. But I could be way off. Just seems like that. Wonder if carrying a huge roster has impacted player development?
UFGatorFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote