Pac 12 - Page 72 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 19th, 2013, 05:12 PM   #1066
country flag slickshoes510

slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Pac 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
So there's no video feed for STAN at CAL, right? tried the link but it doesn't work.

http://www.calbears.com/sports/w-tennis/live.html

"We're sorry, the page you have requested does not exist. Please use the site map below to locate the page you are looking for. If you are still unable to find the information please click on the Feedback link below and send an email request for the information you are seeking. "
It was probably turned off because of the coverage on the Pac-12 network. Usually when matches are on TV, they don't offer free stream.
slickshoes510 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 19th, 2013, 05:18 PM   #1067
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

from UCLA website;

"April 18, 2013

LOS ANGELES - The No. 2 UCLA women's tennis team concluded the regular season on Friday afternoon, suffering a 6-1 loss to cross-town rival USC at the Marks Tennis Stadium. With the loss, the Bruins see their record fall to 16-5 overall and 7-3 in the Pac-12. The Trojans were able to finish the conference season undefeated, improving 21-2 overall and 10-0 in the Pac-12.

The lone bright spot for UCLA on Friday came in singles at court No. 2, where 66th-ranked Kyle McPhillips notched a big upset over eighth-ranked Danielle Lao, winning 6-2, 6-4. It marked the only win on the afternoon in both singles and doubles for the Bruins.

UCLA's other solid chance for a point came at court No. 6, where 90th-ranked Kaitlin Ray won the first set over Kaitlyn Christian before eventually falling 2-6, 6-3, 6-4 in the final match of the afternoon.

Probably the biggest surprise of the day came at the No. 1 spot, where second-ranked Sabrina Santamaria of USC and third-ranked Robin Anderson of UCLA were squaring off. Santamaria got the better of Anderson on this day, losing just one game in a 6-1, 6-0 victory.

UCLA was swept in doubles on Friday for just the second time this season.

The Bruins now turn their attention to next week's Pac-12 Championships in Ojai, Calif. Unlike the men, who changed their tournament to a team competition beginning last year, the women's conference championships still feature traditional singles and doubles draws. Play begins on Thursday in Ojai. For more information, visit www.ojaitourney.org. "

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19th, 2013, 05:34 PM   #1068
country flag tucker1989

tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like Nicole is skipping Ojai, btw. She's on the entrylist for the Charlottesville challenger next week.
tucker1989 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19th, 2013, 05:40 PM   #1069
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker1989 View Post
Looks like Nicole is skipping Ojai, btw. She's on the entrylist for the Charlottesville challenger next week.
And she's the defending champion...I hope it's not true. If it is; she probably didn't want to face Sabs again

I wanted a Gibbsy vs Krista rematch

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Old Apr 19th, 2013, 05:46 PM   #1070
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

OJAI 'OPEN' ENTRY LIST; MAIN DRAW

Seeded Playersback to top
1. Hickey, Noelle
2. Harkleroad, Ashley
3. Fodor, Zsuzsanna
4. Manasse, Maegan

Fodor, Zsuzsanna(3) Ojai, CA (ex-CAL)
Harkleroad, Ashley(2) Chickamauga, GA
Hedberg, Mykala Oxnard, CA (ex-LSU)
Hickey, Noelle(1) Hackensack, NJ (ex-UCLA)
Ho, Alison Thousand Oaks, CA (future RICE)
Katz, Zoe Los Angeles, CA (future USC)
Manasse, Maegan(4) Redondo Beach, CA (future CAL)
Q, 1
Q, 2
Q, 3
Q, 4
Q, 5
Q, 6
Q, 7
Q, 8
zivanovic, milica Sacramento, CA (former SAC ST.)

- Woodrow Wilson

Last edited by fantic : Apr 19th, 2013 at 05:54 PM.
Old Apr 19th, 2013, 05:59 PM   #1071

slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light

Do you think Sabs will turn pro after this season? She's been dominant and she should! I have a feeling if USC wins the team championship, she does. If not, she comes back. Or maybe she will if she wins just one championship...she has a good chance at all 3.
Old Apr 19th, 2013, 06:07 PM   #1072
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickshoes510 View Post
Do you think Sabs will turn pro after this season? She's been dominant and she should! I have a feeling if USC wins the team championship, she does. If not, she comes back. Or maybe she will if she wins just one championship...she has a good chance at all 3.
Have no idea. Stevie Johnson stayed in college, so who knows

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Apr 19th, 2013, 06:43 PM   #1073
country flag tucker1989

tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickshoes510 View Post
I would be very surprised if she turned pro, because she hasn't played any pro tournaments, even over the summer, since July 2011. Unless she decides to play a bunch this summer and has a Burdette-esque few months, I'd be shocked if she wasn't back in the fall.
Old Apr 19th, 2013, 11:26 PM   #1074

Cal beats Stanford

Stanford won doubles point on courts 1 and 2
Stanford won singles 1
Cal won singles 3, 4, 5, and 6
Old Apr 20th, 2013, 01:10 AM   #1075
country flag tucker1989

Susanyi playing number 3? Is that some sort of joke?

Otherwise, Stanford only has itself to blame, very poor losses by Tan and Tsay. Well done to Cal for sticking it to them
Old Apr 20th, 2013, 02:26 AM   #1076
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

Otherwise, Stanford only has itself to blame, very poor losses by Tan and Tsay. Well done to Cal for sticking it to them
I am a bit surprised about the loss.

I thought they were going to finish the year on a strong note, which in this new day and age would have been a 6 game win streak...now they've lost 2 of the last 7
tie_breaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2013, 02:27 AM   #1077

Quote:

I expect her to be back at the top come tournament time.
Old Apr 20th, 2013, 02:35 AM   #1078
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I would be very surprised if she turned pro, because she hasn't played any pro tournaments, even over the summer, since July 2011. Unless she decides to play a bunch this summer and has a Burdette-esque few months, I'd be shocked if she wasn't back in the fall.
I would have to agree. Most college players, who intend to go pro, usually test out the ITF circuit to see if they can take their game to the next level.
tie_breaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2013, 02:37 AM   #1079
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Quote:
Originally Posted by tie_breaker View Post
I am a bit surprised about the loss.

I thought they were going to finish the year on a strong note, which in this new day and age would have been a 6 game win streak...now they've lost 2 of the last 7
So you agree that it IS the NEW PAC 12 now?

If STAN doesn't win the NCAA and Gibbsy turns pro, she will be the first Stanford player in a long while not to have won the Team Championship.

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Apr 20th, 2013, 02:49 AM   #1080
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Oh forgot to say congrats to Papa Bear! He was pretty despondent about his team, CAL and ASU at All American...

And of course to Tennisace! I wonder if he got drunk.. SUCH a long time(for CAL to have beaten STAN), no?

And last, to cowsonice!

- Woodrow Wilson