Pac 12 - Page 66 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 8th, 2013, 04:28 AM   #976
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Pac 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by tie_breaker View Post
I think Stanford already has a strong recruiting class in 2013 with Doyle, Davidson, and Zhou (replacing Tan, Dillon, and most likely Gibbsy)
Mayo would be a nice addition for 2014 (replacing Ahn).

I think that keeps them competitive, but not ahead of the pack.
Keeps them competitive?? You're too modest!

Hibi just won ISC, beating a very strong Jamie Loeb, who goes to UNC next season with Hayley Carter.
Do you know that Hibi was the most difficult opponent the winners last year, Kiick,Townsend and Duval had to play against?

AND with Doyle, Davidson and Zhao...that's QUITE formidable, imo, if Hibi goes to STAN..

Let me explain to you this way;
Peggy Porter, future Gator, lost to Kimberly Yee 1,2 or something. That Yee lost to Jamie in 2, and THAT Jamie, was beaten 2,1 by Mayo, Mayo is THAT good.

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson

Last edited by fantic : Apr 8th, 2013 at 04:35 AM.
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 8th, 2013, 06:00 AM   #977
country flag cowsonice

cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
You must be pretty happy But can't find Jana on the roster photo now

She's still listed on the site.

Tbh, I don't like most of Cal's roster because I don't know them well enough as say, USC's or even UNC's, and they always find themselves losing to scrubs Oh, well. At least Manasse is entering this fall

Faves: Sharapova, Hantuchova, Safarova, Goerges
GO BEARS!
cowsonice is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8th, 2013, 06:06 AM   #978
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowsonice View Post

She's still listed on the site.

Tbh, I don't like most of Cal's roster because I don't know them well enough as say, USC's or even UNC's, and they always find themselves losing to scrubs Oh, well. At least Manasse is entering this fall
You shouldn't say that now you're going to CAL

Did you tell that you're a fan of Jana at the Interview

Well, who knows, maybe Denise Starr is going to CAL, I've spotted her chatting with Maegan amiably yesterday

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Old Apr 8th, 2013, 06:28 AM   #979
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Keeps them competitive?? You're too modest!

Hibi just won ISC, beating a very strong Jamie Loeb, who goes to UNC next season with Hayley Carter.
Do you know that Hibi was the most difficult opponent the winners last year, Kiick,Townsend and Duval had to play against?

AND with Doyle, Davidson and Zhao...that's QUITE formidable, imo, if Hibi goes to STAN..

Peggy Porter, future Gator, lost to Kimberly Yee 1,2 or something. That Yee lost to Jamie in 2, and THAT Jamie, was beaten 2,1 by Mayo, Mayo is THAT good.
That's a big IF. It's likely that Hibi could turn pro and until she signs a LOA, it's all speculation...

But I understand your point. I just saw that her record was 16-2 against Blue Chip players...unusually dominant record. Haven't seen her play, but she looks small.
At the end of the day, her win just counts as one point. It takes 4 points to win...
tie_breaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9th, 2013, 02:34 AM   #980
country flag desariofan

desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Oh frantic - you are better than that.

Tennis is about match ups. It's the opposite of mathematics really.

A > B, B > C therefore A > C

If we sub in tennis players

Nadal > Federal, Federal > Djokovic therefore Nadal > Djokovic... And we all know that's a lie ROFL
desariofan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9th, 2013, 05:22 AM   #981
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Quote:
Originally Posted by desariofan View Post
Oh frantic - you are better than that.

Tennis is about match ups. It's the opposite of mathematics really.

A > B, B > C therefore A > C

If we sub in tennis players

Nadal > Federal, Federal > Djokovic therefore Nadal > Djokovic... And we all know that's a lie ROFL
it's fantic not frantic

Why what's wrong with Peggy<Kim<Jamie<Mayo Caroline Doyle lost to Jamie in 2 at the National
and that Caroline beat Peggy, so

Yes of course tennis is about match ups but Peggy did try everything against Kim, she's a resourceful player-so I like her-but Kim just played better that day. Maybe Kim Jamie could be different but dunno, Jamie is really good..

Or are you implying that Peggy is as good as Mayo
We'll soon find out, won't we? Since Peggy will likely meet Mayo on Wednesday at EB..too bad I can't watch it.

- Woodrow Wilson

Last edited by fantic : Apr 9th, 2013 at 05:44 AM.
Old Apr 9th, 2013, 11:54 AM   #982
country flag desariofan

desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
it's fantic not frantic

Why what's wrong with Peggy<Kim<Jamie<Mayo Caroline Doyle lost to Jamie in 2 at the National
and that Caroline beat Peggy, so

Yes of course tennis is about match ups but Peggy did try everything against Kim, she's a resourceful player-so I like her-but Kim just played better that day. Maybe Kim Jamie could be different but dunno, Jamie is really good..

Or are you implying that Peggy is as good as Mayo
We'll soon find out, won't we? Since Peggy will likely meet Mayo on Wednesday at EB..too bad I can't watch it.
OMG my bad LOL i said frantic...

The truth is I don't know who these players are, so I can't really give a better analysis than you.
desariofan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9th, 2013, 01:05 PM   #983
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Quote:
Originally Posted by desariofan View Post
OMG my bad LOL i said frantic...

The truth is I don't know who these players are, so I can't really give a better analysis than you.
What? I thought you knew their play
I've seen those players fairly a lot for the last 3, 4 years or so(blessing of living in Southern California ).

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Apr 10th, 2013, 05:38 AM   #984
country flag knoxt

knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold

What happened to Stanford? They are a mess!
knoxt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11th, 2013, 06:28 AM   #985
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Trojan snags Pac 12 player of the week award again
This time by Sabs, making her 3rd this season.

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Apr 11th, 2013, 03:27 PM   #986
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all

Quote:
Trojan snags Pac 12 player of the week award again
This time by Sabs, making her 3rd this season.
I'm okay with that.
2nd_serve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11th, 2013, 05:56 PM   #987
country flag SakiBomb25

SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by knoxt View Post
What happened to Stanford? They are a mess!
Burdette not coming back. Tan somewhat regressing. A weaker No. 3 doubles team and No. 6 spot usually results in an automatic point for the other team. Hardeback having some struggles in the middle of the season. That all leads to were Stanford is today.
SakiBomb25 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11th, 2013, 06:51 PM   #988
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakiBomb25 View Post
Burdette not coming back. Tan somewhat regressing. A weaker No. 3 doubles team and No. 6 spot usually results in an automatic point for the other team. Hardeback having some struggles in the middle of the season. That all leads to were Stanford is today.
Tan is playing strong.
2nd_serve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11th, 2013, 07:40 PM   #989
country flag Amalgamate

Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakiBomb25 View Post
How about Gibbsy also losing her last three matches? In straight sets to Robin and Sabrina, and then to Katie Le.
Amalgamate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11th, 2013, 10:28 PM   #990
country flag cowsonice

cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future

Robin and Sabrina are formidable opponents and could upset Gibbs. Part of me thinks Gibbs doesn't care that much anymore and just waiting for the season to be over so she can turn pro.

Faves: Sharapova, Hantuchova, Safarova, Goerges
GO BEARS!
cowsonice is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote