Pac 12 - Page 64 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 6th, 2013, 02:33 AM   #946
country flag slickshoes510

slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Pac 12

#9 UCLA 5, #74 Arizona 2
Apr 05, 2013 at Tucson, AZ (Robson Tennis Center)

Doubles
1. McPhillips/Morton (UCLA) def. Austin/Smyth (ARIZ) 8-4
2. Robin Anderson/Dolehide (UCLA) def. James/Stubbe (ARIZ) 8-0
3. Harrison/Montez (UCLA) def. Mc Rann/Oldham (ARIZ) 8-4
UCLA Wins Doubles Point

Singles
1. Kyle McPhillips (UCLA) def. Lacey Smyth (ARIZ) 6-0, 7-5
2. Kim Stubbe (ARIZ) def. Pamela Montez (UCLA) 6-0, 6-1
3. Catherine Harrison (UCLA) def. Susan Oldham (ARIZ) 6-2, 7-6
4. Akilah James (ARIZ) def. Courtney Dolehide (UCLA) 6-1, 1-6, 6-1
5. Kaitlin Ray (UCLA) def. Shayne Austin (ARIZ) 7-5, 6-3
6. Skylar Morton (UCLA) def. Susan Mc Rann (ARIZ) 5-7, 6-4, 1-0 (10-8)

Ouch, Pam lost pretty bad! I'm guessing Stella rested Robin. She needs to change up the singles lineup now.
slickshoes510 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 6th, 2013, 02:53 AM   #947
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickshoes510 View Post
#9 UCLA 5, #74 Arizona 2
Apr 05, 2013 at Tucson, AZ (Robson Tennis Center)

Doubles
1. McPhillips/Morton (UCLA) def. Austin/Smyth (ARIZ) 8-4
2. Robin Anderson/Dolehide (UCLA) def. James/Stubbe (ARIZ) 8-0
3. Harrison/Montez (UCLA) def. Mc Rann/Oldham (ARIZ) 8-4
UCLA Wins Doubles Point

Singles
1. Kyle McPhillips (UCLA) def. Lacey Smyth (ARIZ) 6-0, 7-5
2. Kim Stubbe (ARIZ) def. Pamela Montez (UCLA) 6-0, 6-1
3. Catherine Harrison (UCLA) def. Susan Oldham (ARIZ) 6-2, 7-6
4. Akilah James (ARIZ) def. Courtney Dolehide (UCLA) 6-1, 1-6, 6-1
5. Kaitlin Ray (UCLA) def. Shayne Austin (ARIZ) 7-5, 6-3
6. Skylar Morton (UCLA) def. Susan Mc Rann (ARIZ) 5-7, 6-4, 1-0 (10-8)

Ouch, Pam lost pretty bad! I'm guessing Stella rested Robin. She needs to change up the singles lineup now.

Oh they didn't...sending in their B team (minus-Anderson at singles)
With Montez at #2, #3 thru #6 should have better results
tie_breaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 06:02 AM   #948
country flag fantic

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.thesundevils.com/sports/w...040513aaa.html

"No doubt the better team won, that team played a lot better than we did today and they deserved to win," ASU Head Coach Sheila McInerney said. "I wouldn't be surprised if that team won the National Title; they're good, they're deep, they make you play, and they're everything you really want in a team."

DOUBLES
1. Danielle Lao/Sabrina Santamaria (USC) vs. Nicole Smith/Jacqueline Cako (ASU) 6-5 DNF
2. Gabriella DeSimone/Zoe Scandalis def. Desirae Krawczyk/Leighann Sahagun (ASU) 8-6
3. Guiliana Olmos/Ellie Yates (USC) def. Ebony Panoho/Joanna Smith (ASU) 8-1

Order of Finish: 3, 2, 1

SINGLES
1. Sabrina Santamaria (USC) def. Jacqueline Cako (ASU) 6-3, 6-3
2. Danielle Lao (USC) def. Desirae Krawczyk (ASU) 6-0, 6-1
3. Zoe Scandalis (USC) def. Leighann Sahagun (ASU) 6-2, 6-1
4. Gabriella DeSimone (USC) def. Hannah James (ASU) 6-2, 6-1
5. Giuliana Olmos (USC) def. Joanna Smith (ASU) 6-1, 6-3
6. Ellie Yates (USC) def. Ebony Panoho (ASU) 6-3, 6-0
Order of Finish: 6, 5, 2, 1, 3, 4

david
"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Nil admirari (never enthuse over things).
- Horace, Epistles
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 07:51 AM   #949
country flag davidjaime

davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice

Its all good, they were the better team. I agree with Sheila that USC is the front runner to win the National Title! I'm hoping for a change tomorrow against the bruins. I'm now worried about the team rankings we are probably gonna drop to the 30's even though both of the loses come against top 10 teams especially if ASU loses to the bruins tomorrow. How weird is it that Texas Tech is 15 when they have 4 loses one which is against the 42nd team in the country! or Tulsa who are in the top 25 yet have 5 loses which include #34, 48, 50, 51 teams in the country!

Great job Trojans, well deserved win.

Last edited by davidjaime : Apr 6th, 2013 at 07:56 AM.
davidjaime is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 01:11 PM   #950
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
http://www.thesundevils.com/sports/w...040513aaa.html

"No doubt the better team won, that team played a lot better than we did today and they deserved to win," ASU Head Coach Sheila McInerney said. "I wouldn't be surprised if that team won the National Title; they're good, they're deep, they make you play, and they're everything you really want in a team."

DOUBLES
1. Danielle Lao/Sabrina Santamaria (USC) vs. Nicole Smith/Jacqueline Cako (ASU) 6-5 DNF
2. Gabriella DeSimone/Zoe Scandalis def. Desirae Krawczyk/Leighann Sahagun (ASU) 8-6
3. Guiliana Olmos/Ellie Yates (USC) def. Ebony Panoho/Joanna Smith (ASU) 8-1

Order of Finish: 3, 2, 1

SINGLES
1. Sabrina Santamaria (USC) def. Jacqueline Cako (ASU) 6-3, 6-3
2. Danielle Lao (USC) def. Desirae Krawczyk (ASU) 6-0, 6-1
3. Zoe Scandalis (USC) def. Leighann Sahagun (ASU) 6-2, 6-1
4. Gabriella DeSimone (USC) def. Hannah James (ASU) 6-2, 6-1
5. Giuliana Olmos (USC) def. Joanna Smith (ASU) 6-1, 6-3
6. Ellie Yates (USC) def. Ebony Panoho (ASU) 6-3, 6-0
Order of Finish: 6, 5, 2, 1, 3, 4

david

The only team that really could have challenged USC is the team that would have returned a WTA top 100 ranked player, who just recently lost 4 and 2 to Serena Williams.
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 04:14 PM   #951
country flag fantic

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tie_breaker View Post
The only team that really could have challenged USC is the team that would have returned a WTA top 100 ranked player, who just recently lost 4 and 2 to Serena Williams.
Mal, I'm forever in your debt

Well I did 'pay back' by rooting for her passionately against Paszek at IW, so..
"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 05:29 PM   #952
Tennisace

Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold

I was curious to see what Pam's record was at No. 2 singles...

In her last 12 matches, she has won 2, not finished 1, and lost 9 matches...

In that same stretch, Kyle has won 7, not finished 1, and lost 4 matches.

Now that Chanelle is out I wonder if Stella will continue to keep Pam at No. 2.

BTW, Dolehide is a big surprise this year in singles considering how bad she was last year. Whatever she ate last year, I think Skylar has been eating this year.
Tennisace is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 05:39 PM   #953

slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
I was curious to see what Pam's record was at No. 2 singles...

In her last 12 matches, she has won 2, not finished 1, and lost 9 matches...

In that same stretch, Kyle has won 7, not finished 1, and lost 4 matches.

Now that Chanelle is out I wonder if Stella will continue to keep Pam at No. 2.

BTW, Dolehide is a big surprise this year in singles considering how bad she was last year. Whatever she ate last year, I think Skylar has been eating this year.
Stella played Kyle ahead of Pam yesterday so I hope this will mean a change when Robin plays. I still think Pam should be at #4 and Cat should move up to #3.

Did Dolehide play singles last year? I remember her being injured and she was primarily a doubles player only. Stella needs to stick to keeping Dolehide in the 6 position. She'll win those matches most of the time.

I agree about Skylar. Her level of play has gone down significantly this year. She was playing #3 and #4 for UCLA last year and now she's not even in the singles lineup.
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 06:45 PM   #954
country flag tie_breaker

Quote:
Stella played Kyle ahead of Pam yesterday so I hope this will mean a change when Robin plays. I still think Pam should be at #4 and Cat should move up to #3.

Did Dolehide play singles last year? I remember her being injured and she was primarily a doubles player only. Stella needs to stick to keeping Dolehide in the 6 position. She'll win those matches most of the time.

I agree about Skylar. Her level of play has gone down significantly this year. She was playing #3 and #4 for UCLA last year and now she's not even in the singles lineup.
Maybe Seniors get are like sacred cows and get preserved in the #2 spot. Maybe Coach Forood should follow suit and bump Dillon to the #2-#3 spot when they play UCLA next...

I am sure that will raise alot of eyebrows
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 06:55 PM   #955
country flag tie_breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
Mal, I'm forever in your debt

Well I did 'pay back' by rooting for her passionately against Paszek at IW, so..
yeah but you wore the black visor

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartyfan View Post
We all get it and we all know Fantic is a USC fan in Southern California. We all get it.
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 07:42 PM   #956

Quote:
Maybe Seniors get are like sacred cows and get preserved in the #2 spot. Maybe Coach Forood should follow suit and bump Dillon to the #2-#3 spot when they play UCLA next...

UCLA has played seniors in the lower positions in the past. At some point in the season, should a player, who isn't performing to how they are expected to perform, step up and ask the coach to move them to a position in which they can win for the sake of the team?
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 10:56 PM   #957
country flag fantic

Quote:

She already did. Lindsay Burdette played #2 and astonished everybody by beating Allie Will in the NCAA final, the real deal-maker in that match.
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 10:58 PM   #958
country flag fantic

Quote:
UCLA has played seniors in the lower positions in the past. At some point in the season, should a player, who isn't performing to how they are expected to perform, step up and ask the coach to move them to a position in which they can win for the sake of the team?
McCall Jones played #1 and 2. And she beat Lao at Georgia last year..
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 10:58 PM   #959
country flag fantic

Senior day! From STAN facebook page

- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 10:59 PM   #960
country flag fantic

Quote:
yeah but you wore the black visor
Why what's wrong with wearing a black visor? Chanelle didn't like the color too but I thought the color suited me better than the red one...
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles