Pac 12 - Page 59 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 29th, 2013, 10:59 PM   #871
country flag slickshoes510

slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Pac 12

Might come down to the two freshmen. Hardebeck is looking good now after coming back to steal the first set
slickshoes510 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 29th, 2013, 11:02 PM   #872

slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light

Stanford up 3-1 after kristie wins on 2. 6-2 6-0. Please move Pam down on the rotation.
Old Mar 29th, 2013, 11:22 PM   #873

Stanford wins on hardebecks win over Kyle. Robin beats Gibbs in 2.
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 01:21 AM   #874

#14 Stanford 4, #4 UCLA 3
Mar 29, 2013 at Los Angeles, CA (Los Angeles Tennis Center)

Doubles
1. #14 Ahn/Gibbs (STAN) def. #13 Anderson/Skylar Morton (UCLA) 8-4
Skylar was clearly the weak link. She missed a bunch of volleys and overheads. I shook my head many times during this match in response to her shots. They were bad!

2. #80 Tan/Tsay (STAN) def. #43 Dolehide/Montez (UCLA) 8-3
I thought Tan's groundstrokes were what won this match for them. I'm surprised UCLA didn't hit the ball to Ellen more.

3. Harrison/McPhillips (UCLA) def. Dillon/Hardebeck (STAN) 8-2
I was very impressed with Kyle and Cat's doubles game! Right now, they are pretty much UCLA's #1 team.
Stanford Wins Doubles Point

Singles
1. #3 Robin Anderson (UCLA) def. #20 Nicole Gibbs (STAN) 6-4, 6-2
I thought Robin did a good job of attacking Gibbs' backhand. I'd be surprised if Gibbs turns pro after this year. I wasn't very impressed with her game.

2. #30 Kristie Ahn (STAN) def. #110 Pamela Montez (UCLA) 6-2, 6-0
This match wasn't even close. There were a few deuce games but I had no interest in following it. I want to also add I love Ahn's game. She is a solid all around player. I even think she would beat Gibbs if the two were to play.

3. #14 Krista Hardebeck (STAN) def. #67 Kyle McPhillips (UCLA) 7-5, 6-1
Kyle was up a break in the first set and was actually serving for it but Krista came back and was too much for Kyle. Krista's game reminds me a lot of Sharapova. She's not a great mover but she will hit the ball as hard as she can. I was hoping Kyle would throw in a few drop shots to move Krista around some more. I noticed this was how Sabs from USC beat her.

4. #93 Stacey Tan (STAN) def. #101 Chanelle Van Nguyen (UCLA) 2-5, retired
I thought these two were very similar players, but Chanelle was just doing everything better. Unfortunately she injured herself and had to retire. I think UCLA would've won this dual match had this match continue.

5. #91 Catherine Harrison (UCLA) def. #51 Ellen Tsay (STAN) 6-2, 6-2
Cat's groundies were just too much for Ellen. I'm surprised Ellen didn't use her lefty to her advantage by making Cat hit her shots (double handed on both sides) on the run or even spinning her off the court with her serve.

6. Courtney Dolehide (UCLA) def. Natalie Dillon (STAN) 7-6(6), 6-3
Dillon hung tough with Courtney in the first set. I thought this would be an easy point for UCLA.

Match Notes
Stanford 11-2; 5-0 Pac-12; National ranking #14
UCLA 13-3; 4-1 Pac-12; National ranking #4
Order of finish: Doubles (3,1,2); Singles (4,5,2,3,1,6)

It's unfortunate Chanelle will probably be out for a while. It looked like it was an ankle injury. However, the great news is that Kaitlin Ray may be back in the lineup. She was out in the backcourts playing a singles exhibition match against Kostas I believe.

In regards to UCLA's doubles, it's just what I expected to happen. UCLA #3 wins and relies on #1 or #2 to win, however, neither of those won today. Skylar should not be on #1 with Robin. I'd really like to see Robin and Courtney on #1, Kyle/Cat moved up to #2, and Skylar/Pam/Ray on #3.

Pam also needs to be dropped to a lower position in the singles lineup. I'd like to see UCLA go with the following: 1) Robin, 2) Kyle, 3) Cat, 4) Pam, 5) Ray, and 6) Courtney.

Last edited by slickshoes510 : Mar 30th, 2013 at 01:27 AM.
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 01:36 AM   #875
country flag davidjaime

davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice

ASU beats Washington 4-3 after 5 hours of play! We got swept in doubles :/ and It all came down to court 5 where Ebony Panoho edged Natali Coronel on a 3rd set tiebreaker (7-5). Although Stephanie Vlad was not playing, this match made me so nervous!

No. 21 Arizona State 4 No. 48 Washington - 3

1. #71 Douglas-Miron/Shimizu (UW) def #40 Cako/Smith (ASU) 9-7
2. Ysidora/Coronel (UW) def Panoho/Smith (ASU) 8-2
3. Nemcevic/Lukac (UW) def #65 Krawczyk/Sahagun (ASU) 8-7 (7-5)

order of finish 2,1,3

1. #23 Jacqueline Cako (ASU) def. Andjela Nemcevic (UW) 7-5 6-4
2. #106 Desirae Krawczyk (ASU) def Grace Ysidora (UW) 6-3 6-4
3. Elianne Douglas-Miron (UW) def Leighann Sahagun (ASU) 6-3 3-6 6-3
4. Julija Lukac (UW) def Hannah James (ASU)7-5 6-1
5. Ebony Panoho (ASU) def Natali Coronel (UW) 5-7 7-5 7-6 (7-5)
6. Joanna Smith (ASU) def Riko Shimizu (UW) 6-2 3-6 6-2

order of finish 4,2,1,6,3,5

Last edited by davidjaime : Mar 30th, 2013 at 01:42 AM.
davidjaime is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 01:44 AM   #876
country flag fantic

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Desirae;

dbls

sgls

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 02:50 AM   #877
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickshoes510 View Post
#14 Stanford 4, #4 UCLA 3
Mar 29, 2013 at Los Angeles, CA (Los Angeles Tennis Center)

Doubles
1. #14 Ahn/Gibbs (STAN) def. #13 Anderson/Skylar Morton (UCLA) 8-4
Skylar was clearly the weak link. She missed a bunch of volleys and overheads. I shook my head many times during this match in response to her shots. They were bad!

2. #80 Tan/Tsay (STAN) def. #43 Dolehide/Montez (UCLA) 8-3
I thought Tan's groundstrokes were what won this match for them. I'm surprised UCLA didn't hit the ball to Ellen more.

3. Harrison/McPhillips (UCLA) def. Dillon/Hardebeck (STAN) 8-2
I was very impressed with Kyle and Cat's doubles game! Right now, they are pretty much UCLA's #1 team.
Stanford Wins Doubles Point

Singles
1. #3 Robin Anderson (UCLA) def. #20 Nicole Gibbs (STAN) 6-4, 6-2
I thought Robin did a good job of attacking Gibbs' backhand. I'd be surprised if Gibbs turns pro after this year. I wasn't very impressed with her game.

2. #30 Kristie Ahn (STAN) def. #110 Pamela Montez (UCLA) 6-2, 6-0
This match wasn't even close. There were a few deuce games but I had no interest in following it. I want to also add I love Ahn's game. She is a solid all around player. I even think she would beat Gibbs if the two were to play.

3. #14 Krista Hardebeck (STAN) def. #67 Kyle McPhillips (UCLA) 7-5, 6-1
Kyle was up a break in the first set and was actually serving for it but Krista came back and was too much for Kyle. Krista's game reminds me a lot of Sharapova. She's not a great mover but she will hit the ball as hard as she can. I was hoping Kyle would throw in a few drop shots to move Krista around some more. I noticed this was how Sabs from USC beat her.

4. #93 Stacey Tan (STAN) def. #101 Chanelle Van Nguyen (UCLA) 2-5, retired
I thought these two were very similar players, but Chanelle was just doing everything better. Unfortunately she injured herself and had to retire. I think UCLA would've won this dual match had this match continue.

5. #91 Catherine Harrison (UCLA) def. #51 Ellen Tsay (STAN) 6-2, 6-2
Cat's groundies were just too much for Ellen. I'm surprised Ellen didn't use her lefty to her advantage by making Cat hit her shots (double handed on both sides) on the run or even spinning her off the court with her serve.

6. Courtney Dolehide (UCLA) def. Natalie Dillon (STAN) 7-6(6), 6-3
Dillon hung tough with Courtney in the first set. I thought this would be an easy point for UCLA.

Match Notes
Stanford 11-2; 5-0 Pac-12; National ranking #14
UCLA 13-3; 4-1 Pac-12; National ranking #4
Order of finish: Doubles (3,1,2); Singles (4,5,2,3,1,6)

It's unfortunate Chanelle will probably be out for a while. It looked like it was an ankle injury. However, the great news is that Kaitlin Ray may be back in the lineup. She was out in the backcourts playing a singles exhibition match against Kostas I believe.

In regards to UCLA's doubles, it's just what I expected to happen. UCLA #3 wins and relies on #1 or #2 to win, however, neither of those won today. Skylar should not be on #1 with Robin. I'd really like to see Robin and Courtney on #1, Kyle/Cat moved up to #2, and Skylar/Pam/Ray on #3.

Pam also needs to be dropped to a lower position in the singles lineup. I'd like to see UCLA go with the following: 1) Robin, 2) Kyle, 3) Cat, 4) Pam, 5) Ray, and 6) Courtney.

Was there a big crowd behind UCLA? It's a big road win for a #14 ranked team to beat UCLA on their home turf
tie_breaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 02:59 AM   #878

Quote:
Originally Posted by tie_breaker View Post
Was there a big crowd behind UCLA? It's a big road win for a #14 ranked team to beat UCLA on their home turf
Not really, the usual I would say. It's UCLA's spring break so there weren't many students.

UCLA had momentum on their side when singles play began. They were up in most of the first sets except for court 2 (Hardebeck was down against Kyle but came back). I think Chanelle's retirement was a gift to Stanford.
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 03:34 AM   #879
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all

#6 USC 6, #13 California 1
March 29, 2013 - Marks Stadium
DOUBLES
(1) #1 Christian/Santamaria (USC) def. #25 Chi/Schutting (CAL) - 8-6
(2) #36 DeSimone/Scandalis (USC) def. Duranteau/Fabikova (CAL) - 8-3
(3) Lao/Olmos (USC) def. Davis/Goransson (CAL) - 8-5
USC wins doubles point.
Order of finish: 2, 3, 1
SINGLES
(1) #2 Sabrina Santamaria (USC) def. #6 Annet Schutting (CAL) - 6-3, 6-1
(2) #7 Danielle Lao (USC) def. #59 Lynn Chi (CAL) - 6-4, 6-3*
(3) #80 Klara Fabikova (CAL) def. #27 Zo Scandalis (USC) - 7-6 (3), 7-5
(4) #116 Giuliana Olmos (USC) def. Tayler Davis (CAL) - 6-2, 7-6 (3)
(5) #70 Gabriella DeSimone (USC) def. Annie Goransson (CAL) - 6-4, 6-1
(6) Kaitlyn Christian (USC) def. Alice Duranteau (CAL) - 7-6 (9), 6-2
Order of finish: 1, 5, 2*, 4, 3, 6
2nd_serve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 03:38 AM   #880
country flag fantic

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

tiebreaker, just uploaded pics so check it out for yourself

slickshoes and 2ndserve, also check if you're in it

And I agree with slickshoes. UCLA is probably the de facto #1 team right now, with Ray in the lineup. But when will Ray show up

But, even if Ray plays, can she beat Ahn or Krista?

So, the apogee of UCLA might be next season; because Brady comes in, who can contribute in BOTH, sgls and dbls. Brady can challenge Ahn or Krista in terms of power. UCLA could be really formidable...

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson

Last edited by fantic : Mar 30th, 2013 at 01:33 PM.
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 03:38 AM   #881

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd_serve View Post
#6 USC 6, #13 California 1
March 29, 2013 - Marks Stadium
DOUBLES
(1) #1 Christian/Santamaria (USC) def. #25 Chi/Schutting (CAL) - 8-6
(2) #36 DeSimone/Scandalis (USC) def. Duranteau/Fabikova (CAL) - 8-3
(3) Lao/Olmos (USC) def. Davis/Goransson (CAL) - 8-5
USC wins doubles point.
Order of finish: 2, 3, 1
SINGLES
(1) #2 Sabrina Santamaria (USC) def. #6 Annet Schutting (CAL) - 6-3, 6-1
(2) #7 Danielle Lao (USC) def. #59 Lynn Chi (CAL) - 6-4, 6-3*
(3) #80 Klara Fabikova (CAL) def. #27 Zo Scandalis (USC) - 7-6 (3), 7-5
(4) #116 Giuliana Olmos (USC) def. Tayler Davis (CAL) - 6-2, 7-6 (3)
(5) #70 Gabriella DeSimone (USC) def. Annie Goransson (CAL) - 6-4, 6-1
(6) Kaitlyn Christian (USC) def. Alice Duranteau (CAL) - 7-6 (9), 6-2
Order of finish: 1, 5, 2*, 4, 3, 6
No Susanyi?
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 03:42 AM   #882
country flag fantic

since Zsofi isn't playing and Chanelle got injured, really no need to watch CAL at UCLA. I can also watch UCLA when they visit USC.

So, STAN at USC it is. And 2ndserve, if you're here, don't be shy, talk to me

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 03:51 AM   #883

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post

slickshoes and 2ndserve, also check if you'r in it

And I agree. UCLA is probably the de facto #1 team right now, with Ray in the lineup. But when will Ray show up

So, the apogee of UCLA might be next season; because Brady comes in, who can contribute in BOTH, sgls and dbls. Brady can challenge Ahn or Krista in terms of power. UCLA could be really formidable...
I was in one of the pictures.

UCLA almost beat Stanford today even without Ray and after losing the doubles point. (I'm not trying to take anything away from those crucial Stanford wins). I like Cat's game a lot, even though I'm not a fan of the double handed forehand. I think she could've battled with Krista. In my opinion, Kyle would've been a better matchup for Ahn. I would change a lot with UCLA's lineups if I was on the coaching staff.

I'd be surprised if Ray isn't in the singles lineup tomorrow.
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 03:52 AM   #884
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post

slickshoes and 2ndserve, also check if you'r in it

And I agree. UCLA is probably the de facto #1 team right now, with Ray in the lineup. But when will Ray show up

Not many fans in attendance so maybe one of your pics snagged somebody here

I think these two photos tell the whole story:

Old Mar 30th, 2013, 03:54 AM   #885
country flag tie_breaker

Robin is thinking "will get here already!!!"

while Gibbsy decides to take her precious time...