Pac 12 - Page 49 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 02:25 AM   #721
country flag slickshoes510

slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Pac 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
No. 2 UCLA 4, No. 7 Cal 3

Feb. 22 in Berkeley, Calif.
Hellman Tennis Complex

Doubles
1: Chi/Schutting (Cal) vs. Anderson/Van Nguyen (UCLA) - 9-7
2: No. 27 Susanyi/Fabikova (Cal) def. Dolehide/Montez (UCLA) - 8-5
3: Davis/Posylkin (Cal) vs. McPhillips/Harrison (UCLA) - 9-8(7)

(Cal wins the doubles point)

Order of Finish: 2, 1. 3

Singles
1: No. 6 Robin Anderson (UCLA) def. No. 30 Anett Schutting (Cal) - 6-1, 6-0
2: No. 66 Lynn Chi (Cal) def. No. 56 Pamela Montez (UCLA) - 6-1, 6-4
3: No. 42 Kyle McPhillips (UCLA) def. No. 113 Klara Fabikova (Cal) - 6-3, 4-6, 7-5
4: Tayler Davis (Cal) def. No. 78 Chanelle Van Nguyen (UCLA) - 1-6, 6-3, 6-4

5: No. 76 Catherine Harrison (UCLA) def. Kelly Chui (Cal) - 6-2, 6-2
6: Courtney Dolehide (UCLA) def. Alice Duranteau (Cal) - 6-1, 6-2

Order of Finish: 1, 6, 2, 5, 4, 3.

Zsofi and Annie didn't play(Zsofi only played dbls) and CAL lost 3-4 They actually could've won, but Kyle saved the day.

Maybe UCLA should make an emphatic statement by not playing Robin Anderson like STAN against SMC..and try to win it
UCLA is still without Ray and Pam and Kyle switched singles positions. I like Pam playing in the 3rd spot.

Also, interesting double pairings for UCLA. I hope the pairings are solidified by the time NCAA's come around.
slickshoes510 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 04:41 AM   #722
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickshoes510 View Post
UCLA is still without Ray and Pam and Kyle switched singles positions. I like Pam playing in the 3rd spot.

Also, interesting double pairings for UCLA. I hope the pairings are solidified by the time NCAA's come around.
Skylar didn't play too, for that matter.
But that may be the reason why UCLA won By switching Kyle and Pam..

Now what if Zsofi plays tomorrow against USC
Well, USC did beat CAL 4-1 recently, but it's their home.

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 04:41 PM   #723
Tennisace

Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold

It's not sour grapes, but does anybody else find it weird that Chanelle was inserted at No. 1 doubles with Robin? I guess it doesn't matter since Cal won the doubles point but I would call that a stack. Instead of pushing the doubles teams up, UCLA put up a weaker No. 1 team to keep the order.

I'm curious to know if Stella knew that Zsofi wasn't going to play hence the switch. I have a feeling that she didn't. Pam is a good match-up against Anett. There is no real justification for Pam over Kyle except to match-up against Anett.
Tennisace is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 05:07 PM   #724

slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
It's not sour grapes, but does anybody else find it weird that Chanelle was inserted at No. 1 doubles with Robin? I guess it doesn't matter since Cal won the doubles point but I would call that a stack. Instead of pushing the doubles teams up, UCLA put up a weaker No. 1 team to keep the order.

I'm curious to know if Stella knew that Zsofi wasn't going to play hence the switch. I have a feeling that she didn't. Pam is a good match-up against Anett. There is no real justification for Pam over Kyle except to match-up against Anett.
That's a good point tennisace.

For doubles, I believe Anderson and Chanelle paired up last year in the Pac-12 tournament and they almost beat the current #1 doubles team in the country (KK/Sabs).

I think at this point, Dolehide/Montez should move up to #1, even though their results have been down this season. I would like to see Kyle and Skylar paired together again. Didn't they win that tournament against the USTA players? For some reason, I also like Robin and Pam playing together.
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 07:14 PM   #725
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post

Zsofi / klara played no.2, so... it cancels out, imo

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 08:38 PM   #726
country flag davidjaime

davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice

UCLA stacking Montez at 2 omg so true. She is 4-0 against Annet from the las two seasons. CAL should petition this! Kyle just won best #2 at ITA Indoors common now Bruins i'd expect more class. Stella really wanted Montez to earn a quality win against a top 30 player but good thing it backfire!
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 09:48 PM   #727

Stanford defeats Clemson. Hardebeck loses again.

No. 13 Stanford 5, No. 18 Clemson 2

DOUBLES
1) Ahn/Gibbs (STAN) d. Dewar/Koroleva (CLEM) 8-4
2) Tan/Tsay (STAN) d. Gumulya/Jeukeng (CLEM) 8-2
3) Dillon/Hardebeck (STAN) d. Kolzer/Miao (CLEM) 8-0
Order of Finish: 3, 2, 1

SINGLES
1) Nicole Gibbs (STAN) d. No. 26 Yana Koroleva (CLEM) 6-2, 6-2
2) No. 68 Kristie Ahn (STAN) d. Liz Jeukeng (CLEM) 6-2, 6-2
3) No. 67 Beatrice Gumulya (CLEM) d. No. 10 Krista Hardebeck (STAN) 6-3, 6-2
4) No. 98 Stacey Tan (STAN) d. Romy Kolzer (CLEM) 2-6, 6-3, 6-2
5) No. 33 Ellen Tsay (STAN) d. Ani Miao (CLEM) 6-0, 6-2
6) Tristen Dewar (CLEM) d. Lindsey Kostas (STAN) 7-5, 6-3
Order of Finish: 2, 1, 3, 5, 4, 6
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 10:35 PM   #728
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickshoes510 View Post
Stanford defeats Clemson. Hardebeck loses again.

No. 13 Stanford 5, No. 18 Clemson 2

DOUBLES
1) Ahn/Gibbs (STAN) d. Dewar/Koroleva (CLEM) 8-4
2) Tan/Tsay (STAN) d. Gumulya/Jeukeng (CLEM) 8-2
3) Dillon/Hardebeck (STAN) d. Kolzer/Miao (CLEM) 8-0
Order of Finish: 3, 2, 1

SINGLES
1) Nicole Gibbs (STAN) d. No. 26 Yana Koroleva (CLEM) 6-2, 6-2
2) No. 68 Kristie Ahn (STAN) d. Liz Jeukeng (CLEM) 6-2, 6-2
3) No. 67 Beatrice Gumulya (CLEM) d. No. 10 Krista Hardebeck (STAN) 6-3, 6-2
4) No. 98 Stacey Tan (STAN) d. Romy Kolzer (CLEM) 2-6, 6-3, 6-2
5) No. 33 Ellen Tsay (STAN) d. Ani Miao (CLEM) 6-0, 6-2
6) Tristen Dewar (CLEM) d. Lindsey Kostas (STAN) 7-5, 6-3
Order of Finish: 2, 1, 3, 5, 4, 6
Seems like Krista is sinking lower in the line-up
and Stacey is perhaps back to form, moving ahead of Ellen
Glad to see Kostas in the line-up, even though she lost, I think she's an improvement over Dillon
Maybe Ahn is taking over the gap at #2 with Mal gone, both singles and at doubles

The real test is tomorrow and I hope the courts aren't so darned slow
tie_breaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 10:41 PM   #729

Cal leading SC 3-2. It looks like some of SC's top players aren't playing.
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 10:53 PM   #730
country flag iPatty

iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute

Good scoreline for Nicole over Koroleva and it's great to see Kristie healthy and in good form again. IMO she's the best player on that team.

Krista is really struggling lately...
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 10:54 PM   #731

looks like Davis has figured out KK and might get the last point for the Bears. She's serving to KK's backhand and coming in to net behind it.
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 11:09 PM   #732

Cal wins. One match left...Schutting leading Lao 4-2 in the third. Lao may have wished Susanyi was playing.
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 11:10 PM   #733
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPatty View Post
Good scoreline for Nicole over Koroleva and it's great to see Kristie healthy and in good form again. IMO she's the best player on that team.

Krista is really struggling lately...
Kristie had a great start, freshman year, before her injury, winning 24 straight and defeating Maria Sanchez for Pac-10 singles crown.
I wonder if she is back at that level
tie_breaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2013, 12:07 AM   #734
UFGatorFan

UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by tie_breaker View Post
Seems like Krista is sinking lower in the line-up
and Stacey is perhaps back to form, moving ahead of Ellen
Glad to see Kostas in the line-up, even though she lost, I think she's an improvement over Dillon
Maybe Ahn is taking over the gap at #2 with Mal gone, both singles and at doubles

The real test is tomorrow and I hope the courts aren't so darned slow
Rain is expected all night and all day tomorrow, so it looks like Florida's new indoor facility might get used for a match for the first time ever.
UFGatorFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2013, 12:29 AM   #735

Not exactly an easy match for UCLA but they win.

#2 UCLA 4, #30 Saint Mary's 0
Feb 23, 2013 at Moraga, CA (Korth Tennis Complex)

Doubles
1. Anderson/Van Nguyen (UCLA) def. Flores/Jullien (SMC) 8-4
2. Isip/Searl (SMC) def. #38 Dolehide/Montez (UCLA) 8-4
3. Harrison/McPhillips (UCLA) def. Frampton/Audrey Leitz (SMC) 8-0
UCLA Wins Doubles Point

Singles
1. #6 Robin Anderson (UCLA) def. #24 Jenny Jullien (SMC) 6-2, 7-6(6)
2. Catherine Isip (SMC) vs. #56 Pamela Montez (UCLA) 2-6, 6-1, 3-0, unfinished
3. Danielle Flores (SMC) vs. #42 Kyle McPhillips (UCLA) 2-6, 7-5, 1-4, unfinished
4. Jade Frampton (SMC) vs. #78 Chanelle Van Nguyen (UCLA) 6-7(4), 4-4, unfinished
5. #76 Catherine Harrison (UCLA) def. Catherine Leduc (SMC) 6-2, 6-2
6. Courtney Dolehide (UCLA) def. Elizabeth Searl (SMC) 6-0, 6-2

Match Notes
UCLA 8-1; National ranking #2
Saint Mary's 5-4; National ranking #30
Order of finish: Doubles (3,1,2); Singles (5,6,1)