Pac 12 - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 14th, 2012, 03:44 PM   #46
country flag form

form has disabled reputation
Re: Pac 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd_serve View Post
Wow, Utah has had some up and down scores. But are there a lot of names missing from the ASU side?
Holy schmolie this is a crazy year. Top 20 Tennessee missing top 2 players for weeks has completely screwed up the rankings.

VCU forfeits two matches has screwed up some rankings.

ASU missing at least two regulars including # 1 loses to Utah... that will spring Utah forward and lock ASU in as a # 3 seed. (Though, as noted elsewehere in two spins of the computer that will pull LB forward a couple spots but not enough for an at large).

The rankings are a mess.
form is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 15th, 2012, 02:59 AM   #47
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

bland titles, I expected more

"April 14, 2012 - No. 4 Trojans Edge No. 10 Bears, 4-3
April 13, 2012 - No. 10 Bears Knock Off No. 1 UCLA, 4-3"

No. 4 USC 4, No. 10 California 3
Hellman Tennis Complex | Berkeley, Calif.
Saturday, April 14, 2012 - Noon PT
Records: California (16-5, 8-1 Pac-12), USC (19-3, 8-1 Pac-12)

Doubles

1. No. 43 Juricova/Susanyi (CAL) def. No. 7 Christian/Santamaria (USC); 8-4
2. No. 17 Goransson/Schutting (CAL) def. No. 51 Pulido/Scandalis (USC); 8-5
3. Lao/Ramos (USC) def. Davis/Estlander (CAL); 8-3
Order of finish: 3, 2, 1* (California wins doubles point)

Singles

1. No. 8 Jana Juricova (CAL) def. No. 20 Zoe Scandalis (USC); 6-1, 6-0

Zoe Now I fear for her score against Robin

2. No. 23 Danielle Lao (USC) def. No. 12 Zsofi Susanyi (CAL); 6-2, 7-5

General Lao!!

3. No. 33 Sabrina Santamaria (USC) def. No. 81 Anett Schutting (CAL); 6-0, 6-4
4. No. 87 Kaitlyn Christian (USC) def. No. 55 Tayler Davis (CAL); 7-6(3), 6-3

These two. They usually win the singles when they lose the dbls

5. No. 99 Annie Goransson (CAL) def. Gabriella DeSimone (USC); 6-1, 4-6, 6-3

Gabi, nice fight

6. Valeria Pulido (USC) def. Alice Duranteau (CAL); 6-0, 4-6, 6-3

Val! I'm SO glad I was wrong!

Order of finish: 1, 3, 4, 2, 6*, 5

Coach Amanda Augustus says;

"We played two top-five teams back-to-back this weekend, so it is a good learning experience," said head coach Amanda Augustus. "Fortunately, we still have the opportunity and the time to work on some of the things we didn't do well today. We've got another opportunity, next week [against sixth-ranked Stanford] and [the conference title] is still up for grabs."

GO BEARS!

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson

Last edited by fantic : Apr 18th, 2012 at 02:22 AM.
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15th, 2012, 03:23 AM   #48
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

So not USC, not CAL, but UCLA does it; slays the Tree at its home turf!!

So mentally strong, UCLA..

"Bruins snap Stanford's 157-match regular-season home winning streak."

"We had belief that we could beat Stanford", Coach Sampras says

#1 UCLA 5, #6 Stanford 2
Apr 14, 2012 at Stanford, CA (Taube Stadium)

Doubles

1. #11 Anderson/Morton (UCLA) def. #3 Burdette/Gibbs (STAN) 8-6
2. #41 Tan/Tsay (STAN) def. #9 Courtney Dolehide/Montez (UCLA) 8-2
3. Jones/Carling Seguso (UCLA) def. Dillon/Li (STAN) 8-4

UCLA Wins Doubles Point

Singles

1. #4 Robin Anderson (UCLA) def. #3 Nicole Gibbs (STAN) 6-2, 6-2
2. #7 Mallory Burdette (STAN) def. #93 McCall Jones (UCLA) 6-1, 6-1
3. #52 Stacey Tan (STAN) def. #101 Pamela Montez (UCLA) 7-5, 7-5
4. Skylar Morton (UCLA) def. #57 Ellen Tsay (STAN) 6-4, 6-3
5. #98 Chanelle Van Nguyen (UCLA) def. Veronica Li (STAN) 6-1, 6-3
6. #107 Kaitlin Ray (UCLA) def. Natalie Dillon (STAN) 6-0, 6-4

Match Notes

UCLA 21-1; 8-1 Pac-12; National ranking #1
Stanford 16-1; 7-1 Pac-12; National ranking #6

Order of finish: Doubles (2,3,1); Singles (2,6,5,1,4,3)

I salute you, 'poor man's Duke' UCLA!

I'm going to wear a UCLA visor at Easter Bowl tomorrow, AS a Trojan fan;

they deserve it

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson

Last edited by fantic : Apr 15th, 2012 at 03:33 AM.
Old Apr 15th, 2012, 03:42 AM   #49
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

from USC website;

"That match could well be the Pac-12 championship decider, as the Bruins beat Stanford today to make it a three-way tie at 8-1 in conference play between USC, UCLA and Cal, with Stanford at 7-1."

Stanford 4th place! Is this a dream?

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Apr 15th, 2012, 05:31 PM   #50
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all

After this weekend's thrilling tennis, I'm trying to make sense of the PAC-12 standings.

Is this part correct??

Cal 1 conference counting lose to USC- Cal Still to play Stanford
Stanford 1 conference counting lose to UCLA - Stanford Still to play Cal
UCLA 1 coference counting lose to Cal - UCLA still to play USC
USC 1 conference counting lose to Stanford - USC still to play UCLA

And after next weekend, there will be two teams 1 lose teams, and depending on the head to head between 1 lose teams determines the conference winner??
2nd_serve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15th, 2012, 05:37 PM   #51
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
from USC website;

"That match could well be the Pac-12 championship decider, as the Bruins beat Stanford today to make it a three-way tie at 8-1 in conference play between USC, UCLA and Cal, with Stanford at 7-1."

Stanford 4th place! Is this a dream?
So for USC, you must defeat UCLA, and to have the better head to head the winner of the Northern rivalry match must be Cal. right??

And for UCLA, UCLA must defeat USC, and cheer that the winner of the Northern rivalry is Stanford.

And for Cal, Cal must defeat Stanford, and would cheer for UCLA in the Southern rivlary match.

And Stanford, would need to defeat Cal, and would be cheering for USC in the Southern Rivalry.

-and maybe even more permutations exist.

Last edited by 2nd_serve : Apr 15th, 2012 at 05:43 PM.
Old Apr 15th, 2012, 06:02 PM   #52
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Just hope STAN loses to CAL, that's all

Surely, if the Bruins can knock off the TREE, the GOLDEN Bears can do it too, no? (same bears )

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Apr 15th, 2012, 06:22 PM   #53
country flag slickshoes510

slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light

I thought the Pac-12 didn't determine conference winners if there was a tie. Don't they just name co-champs?
slickshoes510 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15th, 2012, 08:56 PM   #54
country flag mboyle

mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I salute you, 'poor man's Duke' UCLA!
And this is why I am no longer speaking on this forum. If y'all have any suggestions of ways for me to live this down sometime in the next five years, I'm all ears.
Old Apr 15th, 2012, 09:02 PM   #55
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mboyle View Post
And this is why I am no longer speaking on this forum. If y'all have any suggestions of ways for me to live this down sometime in the next five years, I'm all ears.

Duke won the NCAA already On the other hand...

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Apr 16th, 2012, 04:39 AM   #56
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

first, I want to apologize to gouci;

about KRISTA

So, Gibbsy lost to Robin in 2 (Zoe I'll have to root hard for her come Friday )

That is shocking, and it doesn't bode well for the future.

So, Krista should play #1 come next season, since she obliterated Robin last year at the National.

Now, Stanford can't afford to lose a SINGLE position. Especially if Ahn's injury continues to plague her..

Now of course, Gibbsy can 'redeem' it by defeating Robin at Ojai or at Athens, we'll see..?

- Woodrow Wilson

Last edited by fantic : Apr 16th, 2012 at 09:04 PM.
Old Apr 16th, 2012, 04:58 AM   #57
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

I feel like players improve at UCLA. McCall Jones, Kaitlyn Ray..and now Robin Anderson.
Morton too, shocking that she beat Tsay so easily, who obliterated KK the day before..

So, the #1 match between Robin and Zoe, they already met 3 times this season

at UNLV invite;
Semifinals - Jan. 14
[1] #1 Mallory Burdette (STAN) def. [4] #18 Sabrina Santamaria (USC) - 6-4, 6-3
[5] #19 Zoë Scandalis (USC) def. [2] #8 Robin Anderson (UCLA) - 6-0, 6-2

at team indoors semi;
(1) #19 Zoe Scandalis (USC) vs. #8 Robin Anderson (UCLA) - 4-6, 6-2, 2-4 susp.

at dual match at USC;
(1) #5 Robin Anderson (UCLA) def. #13 Zoe Scandalis (USC) - 6-3, 6-3

As you see, it got worse and worse for Zoe

If Zoe wants to stay at #1, she gotta stop this trend. AT LATC. (Because General Lao beat Zsofi Susanyi, who beat Anderson AT LATC)
LATC is a formidable home court too, they don't lose there, only to Stanford

So it'll be a good test for Zoe's mental strength also.
Will she collapse? Or will she rebound? We'll see. I'm going to record a significant amount of time on this match.

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Apr 16th, 2012, 05:11 AM   #58
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

from STAN website;

"Stanford was handed its first regular-season home loss since a 5-4 defeat to California back on Feb. 27, 1999, snapping a streak of 157 consecutive wins that spanned 13 years. The Cardinal's overall 184-match winning streak at Taube Family Tennis Stadium was snapped last May in a 4-3 loss to Florida in the national championship.

That being said, Saturday's loss to top-ranked UCLA- which had not beaten Stanford since Feb. 26, 2010- won't dismiss the Cardinal as a contender for the national title. "

So we should no longer be able to hear about that 'record', shouldn't we?

Really, everyone should thank the Bruins Let's name Apr 14 'The Bruin's day' to commemorate the memorable occasion!
Now when was the 'Gators day'?

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Apr 16th, 2012, 03:18 PM   #59
country flag 2nd_serve

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickshoes510 View Post
I thought the Pac-12 didn't determine conference winners if there was a tie. Don't they just name co-champs?

I now think you are right, and my speculation was therefore wrong.
Old Apr 16th, 2012, 03:22 PM   #60
country flag 2nd_serve

Quote:
I feel like players improve at UCLA. McCall Jones, Kaitlyn Ray..and now Robin Anderson.
Morton too, shocking that she beat Tsay so easily, who obliterated KK the day before..

So, the #1 match between Robin and Zoe, they already met 3 times this season

at UNLV invite;
Semifinals - Jan. 14
[1] #1 Mallory Burdette (STAN) def. [4] #18 Sabrina Santamaria (USC) - 6-4, 6-3
[5] #19 Zoë Scandalis (USC) def. [2] #8 Robin Anderson (UCLA) - 6-0, 6-2

at team indoors semi;
(1) #19 Zoe Scandalis (USC) vs. #8 Robin Anderson (UCLA) - 4-6, 6-2, 2-4 susp.

at dual match at USC;
(1) #5 Robin Anderson (UCLA) def. #13 Zoe Scandalis (USC) - 6-3, 6-3

As you see, it got worse and worse for Zoe

If Zoe wants to stay at #1, she gotta stop this trend. AT LATC. (Because General Lao beat Zsofi Susanyi, who beat Anderson AT LATC)
LATC is a formidable home court too, they don't lose there, only to Stanford

So it'll be a good test for Zoe's mental strength also.
Will she collapse? Or will she rebound? We'll see. I'm going to record a significant amount of time on this match.
You 've got so much knowledge, but I'd say those freshman came in that way, and for this year, it is debatable result's show improvement for the player longer on the team.