Pac 12 - Page 32 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 6th, 2012, 02:45 AM   #466
Tennisace

Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold
Re: Pac 12

Also did Olmos of USC lose a year of eligibility?
Tennisace is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 6th, 2012, 02:51 AM   #467
Tennisace

Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold

Also Kelly Chui formerly of UC Davis has transferred to Cal. I assume she is a walk-on to the team.
Old Sep 6th, 2012, 03:11 PM   #468
country flag fantic

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
Also did Olmos of USC lose a year of eligibility?
I heard that she won't lose, but she's designated as sophomore instead of redshirt Freshman in the USC roster, so dunno

And how did you know Chui is the Golden Bear, the official roster hasn't even been updated yet

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6th, 2012, 03:13 PM   #469
country flag fantic

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Looks like Mallory is considering turning pro. I think she will. The only benefit of staying another year is having tuition paid for. She can probably declare being a pro now and still get her US Open money.

http://espn.go.com/tennis/usopen12/s...nvestment-pros
How much is a year of Stanford tuition? How much did she earn at US Open?

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Old Sep 6th, 2012, 05:47 PM   #470
country flag fantic

bye Mal, Good luck!

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Sep 6th, 2012, 05:56 PM   #471
Tennisace

Third round = $65K and could have pocketed at least another $5.5K if Gibbs hadn't pulled out of doubles.
Old Sep 6th, 2012, 05:59 PM   #472
Tennisace

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
I heard that she won't lose, but she's designated as sophomore instead of redshirt Freshman in the USC roster, so dunno

And how did you know Chui is the Golden Bear, the official roster hasn't even been updated yet
I'm Coach Augustus
Old Sep 6th, 2012, 06:49 PM   #473
country flag fantic

Quote:
Third round = $65K and could have pocketed at least another $5.5K if Gibbs hadn't pulled out of doubles.
5.5K! Gibbsy

Quote:
I'm Coach Augustus
Yeah, right

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 12:22 AM   #474
country flag ats_tennis

ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice

http://www.gostanford.com/sports/w-t...090612aac.html
ats_tennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 12:39 AM   #475
country flag urklerlay

urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future

Wow...I didn't think she would pull the trigger, but she did.

All the best of luck to Mal on the professional tour. Add another 10 mph on the serve and improve your movement/fitness and she will do fine on the tour.

Twitter
2013 US OPEN
Flickr
urklerlay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 12:52 AM   #476
country flag CTSEMT

CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all

A bit surprised but it's probably the right decision. Congrats Mal!

And perhaps bigger congrats to Florida, UCLA, etal. who are all suddenly back in the running this season.
CTSEMT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 01:00 AM   #477
country flag CTSEMT

CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all

Quote:
Looks like Mallory is considering turning pro. I think she will. The only benefit of staying another year is having tuition paid for. She can probably declare being a pro now and still get her US Open money.

http://espn.go.com/tennis/usopen12/s...nvestment-pros
I don't think Burdette can receive any prize money from the USO - I'm pretty sure you have to be a professional at the start of the tournament.
CTSEMT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 02:04 AM   #478
country flag fantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTSEMT View Post
A bit surprised but it's probably the right decision. Congrats Mal!

And perhaps bigger congrats to Florida, UCLA, etal. who are all suddenly back in the running this season.
Yup, I'd say the the playing field is quite leveled now, thanks to Will and Mal turning pro

This season's race could be quite exciting!

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 07:29 AM   #479
country flag fantic

I think Kyle could have a career like Reka. She won't lose too much, there won't be many 'upsets'. She won in the end, against Chirico, Smith, and Starr, all in the 3rd.

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 03:41 PM   #480
Tennisace

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTSEMT View Post
I don't think Burdette can receive any prize money from the USO - I'm pretty sure you have to be a professional at the start of the tournament.
Not necessarily true. Way back when Alexandra Stevenson made her Wimbledon run she was an amateur at the beginning of the tournament and then obviously turned pro and collected. Plus its a USTA tournament I'm sure they would bend the rules if need be.