Pac 12 - Page 30 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 13th, 2012, 05:34 AM   #436
Tennisace

Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold
Re: Pac 12

Maegan was always a possibility given that her older sister attended Cal. Glad we were able to secure her and early. Perhaps this will mean a few more domestic recruits as well as Cal has always been behind in securing top talent after USC, UCLA, and Stanford.
Tennisace is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 13th, 2012, 05:08 PM   #437
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Mal is having SUCH a great summer I doubt her playing college is the best choice. She practically won everything anyway, won like 4 college dbls slams, NCAA singles finalist this year, was crucial in the win at Team NCAA..Mal really should turn pro now and prolong the momentum and try to get ranked higher, don't you think?
"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Nil admirari (never enthuse over things).
- Horace, Epistles
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13th, 2012, 06:06 PM   #438
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
Junior National entrants;

STANFORD; HARDEBECK, KOSTAS
UCLA; MCPHILLIPS, HARRISON
USC; KATZ, WESTBY

That's it, I think.
So the one who had the most positive result at the National is..

Kostas
"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old Aug 14th, 2012, 03:24 AM   #439
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old Aug 14th, 2012, 03:27 AM   #440
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

images are from the National facebook page;

- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old Aug 14th, 2012, 03:30 AM   #441
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Quote:
Originally Posted by tie_breaker View Post
That means that the choke master instructor will be playing at #1....Ms. Lauren Embree. Actually, the person who they should really bring, master of mental strength is 2-time NCAA champion Amber Liu. I doubt she's all that busy, unless she's chasing Michael Chang around as he plays in Montreal in place of Andre "my back is hurting" Agassi.
Now what I can't understand is how Lauren and Mallory are all of a sudden besties?!?!?!
speaking of Amber, here's her VIDEO link.
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles

Last edited by fantic : Aug 14th, 2012 at 03:35 AM.
Old Aug 14th, 2012, 03:56 AM   #442
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

the future Golden Bear

- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old Aug 14th, 2012, 03:58 AM   #443
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
speaking of Amber, here's her VIDEO link.
I would have like to have seen her make a run at the pro's, especially with Michael Chang as her coach.
tie_breaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14th, 2012, 05:09 AM   #444
country flag urklerlay

urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future

Mal's great summer run had me thinking too...what if she never went to college at all and just concentrated on tennis full time thru the USTA. Her game has always been big and if there had been more concentration on mental conditioning along w/ physical conditioning, who knows where she would be at this point? Further ahead of Keys, Glatch, King and Vandeweghe?

Quote:
Mal is having SUCH a great summer I doubt her playing college is the best choice. She practically won everything anyway, won like 4 college dbls slams, NCAA singles finalist this year, was crucial in the win at Team NCAA..Mal really should turn pro now and prolong the momentum and try to get ranked higher, don't you think?

Twitter
2013 US OPEN
Flickr
urklerlay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14th, 2012, 05:11 AM   #445
country flag urklerlay

urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by tie_breaker View Post
I would have like to have seen her make a run at the pro's, especially with Michael Chang as her coach.
I think she did try the pros, but was not that successful. Unfortunately, while she was a solid player, I don't think she enough weapons to make a splash in the pros.

Twitter
2013 US OPEN
Flickr
Old Aug 14th, 2012, 01:24 PM   #446
country flag iPatty

iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
UNC and UCLA.

Kyle is such a special girl.
Old Aug 20th, 2012, 06:09 AM   #447
country flag urklerlay

2013 Better be the year for Stanford. Sounds like after that year they will take a huge hit: losing Mal and Stacey to graduation and Nicole to the Pro Ranks.

Here's the link to Nicole's Presser after her win at the New Haven Open: http://www.tennispanorama.com/archiv...-open-08182012

Note: Nicole is very well spoken for a 19 old...very impressive.

She also states that she probably wouldn't have gone to college if the new proposed NCAA rule/format changes were already in place.

Twitter
2013 US OPEN
Flickr

Last edited by urklerlay : Aug 20th, 2012 at 06:15 AM.
Old Aug 20th, 2012, 01:45 PM   #448
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by urklerlay View Post
2013 Better be the year for Stanford. Sounds like after that year they will take a huge hit: losing Mal and Stacey to graduation and Nicole to the Pro Ranks.

Here's the link to Nicole's Presser after her win at the New Haven Open: http://www.tennispanorama.com/archiv...-open-08182012

Note: Nicole is very well spoken for a 19 old...very impressive.

She also states that she probably wouldn't have gone to college if the new proposed NCAA rule/format changes were already in place.
Interesting comment she made that her career winnings is comparable to her tuition she's earned at Stanford. Of course, as an amateur, I believe her winnings are forfeited, but I wonder if she has to self-fund the cost of entry fees, travel, etc. or I wonder if Stanford pays for those costs and if Stanford does, it would make sense for the winnings to be awarded to Stanford since they are covering her development costs. Just wondering...
Also, her and Mal are an advocate of college as a development tool for players and she commented they both wanted to prove that point this summer, which I think they have. Just looking at Nicole's pro circuit record before Stanford, her winning percentage was 43%. Last year, during her freshman year, her winning percentage was 67%. So far this year, her winning percentage is 80%. Actually, her college winning % for tournament matches is very comparable to her record at the pro circuit. Last year was 76% at Stanford (vs. 67%) and this year is higher due to winning NCAA's was 87% at Stanford (vs. 80%).
I am kind of glad she's coming back next year to Stanford so they can have their best chance to win it. She definitely appears to be gauging what she needs to do to improve so she can become a top 50 player within 2 or 3 years after turning pro, which seems to be a realistic goal for her. As far as I can recall, she is the first person from Stanford that not only has articulated her goals about turning pro and to put it out there with that kind of confidence.
tie_breaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20th, 2012, 04:03 PM   #449
country flag cowsonice

cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future
So Gibbs will graduate early?

Faves: Sharapova, Hantuchova, Safarova, Goerges
GO BEARS!
cowsonice is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2012, 08:41 AM   #450
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

I can't believe this is the same Gibbsy who was crying at the WAATC consolation match against Bartenstein last Fall But tie-breaker, top 50 at WTA? Is it really possible?
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles